Cutscenes haven't worked as of Oryx V1.10.1

Since I installed the V1.10.1 patch, all cutscenes are just black screens with a mouse cursor. Black screens don’t end on their own, but hitting “ESC” exits the cutscene and the game continues as normal.

Relevant error in Player.log cites a WindowsVideoMedia error 0xc00d36b4 while trying to read whichever cinematic file is supposed to play. Log has the following note:

Context: Setting media type for first video stream
Error details: The data specified for the media type is invalid, inconsistent, or not supported by this object.
Track types:
Audio Track, type: %10%16
Video Track [1920 x 1080], type: H264

The cinematic videos play fine in VLC. I’ve also tried using VLC to rewrite one of them (in the same format, same filename), no change.

Windows 7 machine.

2 Likes

Same issue here.

1 Like

It appears that they have fixed and broken things at the same time. Windows 7 are now getting the cut scene bug. Especially those that have disabled updates. Other quick fix that screws some users.

2 Likes

Latest update, latest nVIDIA drivers, just re-downloaded from Steam, Win7 x64, no anims played, used manually ESC key to enter missions. Everything else works.

Turns out that screen Windows 10 users are affected as well.

1 Like

Then it really needs a hotfix, cant be something big, codec reading or so.

I can view the cutscenes just fine outside of the game.

1 Like

Just to confirm, went to
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Phoenix Point\PhoenixPointWin64_Data\StreamingAssets\StreamableCopiedAssets
and can play every video in VLC

So in-game decoding is trouble, not codecs within Win7 x64 or Win10

1 Like