What's the Point of a Company Forum if

That’s not the kind of information that any games company would give you.

2 Likes

How convenient for them is to act like a game company in that regard.
But why, on the other hand, they don’t act like a game company when they have to deliver finished game.

This game, for now, is in beta state. For money I paid I got a buggy, unbalanced mess with missing content. I paid for the game and now instead of paying it I wait for them to fix it. I have every right to know what they are doing to fix it.

My concern right now is that they will never finish basic version with all the content that should be in it, but will work on DLCs to get more money. Therefore my question, although ticklish, indeed have sense.

The thing is that fixing things like balance isn’t something you can fix in 2 seconds.

Making huge changes to game code takes months. Its quite the norm these days for companies to release games in an unfinished state.

Never played a Bethesda game? They do that every single time. Though in Beth’s case they usually have the gameplay fully done but just release buggy, crash filled games. Beth often never fixes and leaves it up to the fans to fix them.

Ubisoft does the exact same thing. Nearly every AC game has been bug FILLED. AC Unity was released filled to the brim with bugs.

So this is not an unusual thing in the slightest. What we need, is to have faith that Snapshot will fix things.

Do as I’ve done. Go play something else and just wait for the roadmap to be implemented. Then the truth shall be revealed. For me I’m keeping tabs on this game as it is excellent and has great potential. That is until you hit the difficulty brick wall. If and when they fix that I’ll come back.

2 Likes

That’s the norm game companies has made. Players were never too happy about that but they have tolerated. Now that evolved/degenerated into releasing of half finished games and more and more people refuse to buy them. Even biggest companies lost lot of money lately. Just look at how many employees mighty Blizzard had to lay off.

Also when you are new company you should set good examples for yourself, not bad ones.

Ah, yes, Bethesda. Perfect example. After Fallout 76 debacle I am so mad on them that they will not see my money any time soon. Instead I will support good games from smaller studios. But I expect from those smaller studios not to behave like Bethesda (shots fired).

I want to believe this but I can’t. I think they will copy Bethesda and try to sell finished game as DLC. I have raised my concerns about that few times here, but got no real answer from community manager. That silence tells me that I am probably right.

I know one thing for sure. If they copy Bethesda’s behavior they will not see more of my money. That’s more matter of principle than economics.

I can agree here. Roadmap should be released in few days so we will see. This game most definitely has great potential.

1 Like

Well to use a Kickstarter example. Underworld Ascendant, was backed and exceeded it’s KS targets, and what they released many years later was just an absolute disaster. It wasn’t AT ALL what was described in the initial launch (of the KS), was a bug filled mess and just a average game. The game was rushed to launch (due to Otherside’s publisher forcing them) and the game just about destroyed the company.

A year after launch, a good chunk of the employees were fired and their upcoming game System Shock 3 is very likely to be cancelled. A massive shame.

Phoenix Point in comparison is nothing at all like that. Having played the game for several weeks straight (prior to hitting the difficulty spike wall), and I absolutely loved it. This game had me obsessed for weeks. Typing up spreadsheets to assist in gearing up my troops best, planning out strategies etc etc. That portion of time - Loved it. Eventually with the save game corruptions when killing Scylla’s, and the balance problems I was like no I’m done.

But this game has real promise. With some properly tested (I hope) patches, the balance stuff will be fixed, and they’ll have me back playing for one. If and when they do it. Not even Bethesda has put game fixes in DLC, and neither will Snapshot. It’s all just a matter of being patient and playing something else in the meantime.

Trust me, I was PISSED OFF when I got to that difficulty spike. Much more so, when I discovered (via reading the threads here) that it was intentional design. But I’ve had time to cool off. So now I’m just waiting to see what comes.

Last year, I was playing the game Y’s 8 - Lacrimosa of Dana (PC port) and had my play through cut short due to:

• Them not testing the game on Windows 7, 64 bit + Nvidia gfx cards

Game would crash almost every single time, at specific points in the game (generally when a heap of effects were going on). Read the Steam forums and the bug had been there for 6 months and it was looking like it would never get fixed. So reluctantly I gave up on the game. In January this year, they released a huge patch which fully fixed that up. And the game is now fully playable without issue.

So good things come in time. Patience and we shall see. I have faith that we will see them fix things.

Fixing games is not a quick thing. Try making a game yourself and then attempting to fix bugs. Trust me, it can be a NIGHTMARE :stuck_out_tongue:. I’m a game developer myself, and believe me it is an absolute pain in the ass. Can take you months to fix crashes, logic errors etc etc. All depends on where in the code the issue is. In regards to game balancing, it all depends on how much code is there on it. It’s not like flicking a switch. It can be a massive undertaking. Can also depend on how well it is coded and how well documented it all is.

The one thing I’d give Snapshot negative points for at present was the first big patch, which nerfed human players, and the patches which were supposed to fix bugs but instead introduced new ones. That shows a lack of testing, and I hope to see this improved on. They need a bigger QA team with more varied PCs by the sound of it.

I can agree with everything in this post. But I must comment on:

They will fix the bugs sooner or later, I agree. But I would not like to see that features that should be in basic version end up in DLC. For instance recruiting from independent havens, trade system for havens, filters and sorters in soldier roster, improved map variety, improved diplomacy, more enemy types, more weapon and gear types…

P.S.: Though I can agree that some enemy types and weapon could (and should) be added in DLC, now there are too few of them in basic version

We’ve always said, right from crowdfunding, that we wanted to support Phoenix Point into the future with DLCs and expansions. To that end, there will be things adding in the DLC which are not in the base game.

At the same time, we will also have free content updates that will add new mechanics, features and content to the base game, which will not require paid DLC.

We will also continue to work on the base game, fixing bugs and improving quality of life issues.

8 Likes

All that I wanted to hear.

If you sad that 14 days ago when I wrote this…

…you would spare me lot of typing.

Lets wait now for that roadmap to see what decision makers have to say.

In my opinion snapshot put a lot of work at the Moment in the game. They dont earn money with us at the Moment. There are many other big players which give one two or three Patches After the release at thats it! And i belevie @UnstableVoltage and Crew when he says there will come more and more. And thats cool for a small Studio.
In the good old Times games came out when they were ready. Guys those Times are over! Today we can really be glad to have a Studio which which gives not a shit on the community and supports the game perhaps over a year. We will see. I also liked the good old Times more but again they are over.
So i hope we will make phoenix point great (again) :wink:

Sorry about that. This forum gets 200-300 posts a day at the moment, so please forgive me as I don’t always see every single one of them when they’re posted.

1 Like

Ok, np. Thanks for answers. Also please understand that when you don’t answer I don’t know is it because you didn’t see the question or because of some other reason.

1 Like

6/10? 7/10?? You are too kind. Bugs aside, game just feels unfinished, unpolished, unbalanced and I can’t believe so many ppl are still playing it and even managed to beat it…
…I saw its potential as well but definitely stopped to think that game could be fixed to the point of becoming entertaining… That would require not only further balancing but also rebuilding the game. Not gonna happen.

Happy to see optimistic posts like yours here. I wish I could still be so optimistic. But defending the game that still feels like another alpha version isn’t good for anyone, you know, especially for us gamers. Letting developers of gaming industry to believe it’s ok because we can wait for patches won’t fix the problem.

I dont have a Bad Feeling of the game. I had a lot of fun until now. (Last Mission i come). I had one freeze and i couldnt load one savegame (scylla bug). Yes i had difficult spikes. But i handled it. Not with using OP function. With tactic. And it works. I dont have the problems with the game like i Think you have.
And so the game is currently a 7/10 for me. The only point i really dont like are the bomb chirons which can shoot in a too long range. There is nearly no tactic against. All other points i saw you are able to make a counter.

And are you really complain about Bugs in a game? Sorry every game has Bugs. This one have really major Bugs ok. But they are working on it. So what should they do? The Bugs are there and they are working. You could ask why they released the game? I dont know. Perhaps just simple, money! Perhaps they run out of money. I dont know but at the end there is often a point where you must release or you will never do…

Only complaining like you do is also not usefull. Report Bugs, Support the devs with good ideas. Perhaps then you will get more the game which you wish. But only with complaining it is not possible.

Somebody’s never heard of Twitter.

Complaining is extremely useful my dude. Especially in the modern era where every company wants to have an affable public face, the game industry moreso than many others, even.

If you know how to complain it’s actually incredibly easy to get what you want out of a company nine times out of ten.

I think you’re probably calling out “whining”. Not a lot of which actually goes on here. Not from people that stick around and check out the forum most days, at least. I assume Reddit is probably… lively.

1 Like

I will laugh so hard if one of those biggies who made this thing normal goes bankrupt.

Make assault rifles great again :wink:

1 Like

It’s all the problem for some other players, you behave like an inquisitor, you make assumption that just reflect your negative spirit.

With all the complains you have about modern games, I can’t understand you continue buy any game right after release and blindly without any verification.

Unfinished game, sort of for bugs/polishing/balances/difficulty, still a lot of depth and a lot of fun and a good amount of content and a great amount of diversity.

So ok nobody can force you stop complain, but for me your first complains should be targeted to yourself.

When will you learn? Don’t buy games at release, or don’t pledge them, wait one week and check how is the state. This forum is hardly censored unlike do some dev on Steam, and you would have know easily about the game states.

There’s still RPG players “crying” about Troika Games bankrupt, too ambitious projects and ton of bugs at release.

Well RPG is another challenge than a tactical game, but still, despite all the problems, PP is a lot more playable.

AAA games get ton of releases lacking of ambition, it’s not better than ambitious games achieving something with an unclean state at release. For me it’s worse in fact, I would blame much more those clean releases lacking of ambition.

Maybe I am. Because Phoenix Point has many mechanics that I want to see in this kind of game. :slight_smile: I suppose that developers won’t develop it in the way I would really love it, but hey… There will be official mod support and I currently create document (without fully finishing game even once) to list all the changes which can make this game great. :slight_smile: We will see if this will come in handy. :wink:

And game is possible to finish if you will exploit at least some of the balance issues, but it is kind of boring and unsatisfying. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Imagine if people justified buying cars with missing mechanics the way some gamers justify incomplete releases.

“Working brakes coming in December! Check out our roadmap for airbag updates!”

2 Likes