Keep Rage Burst as it is (Please)

In this case, “RB” should devastate the Willpower to 1WP and should spend more AP than a standard burst.

Strange Magic by Phoenix Point :man_shrugging:

1 Like

And better with a distant shotgun blast. One single shot contact removes the armour. Multiple contact with various armour parts is very effective at removing armour from different body parts.

I tested that

1 Like

I suppose it is rage burst with armor break?

As of now you can get recruits without equipment on a any difficulty level and the recruits on Legend have the worst starting stats.

Not that getting recruits without equipment makes the game easier than getting them fully equipped, even if you have to pay for it… Building the armor and weapons for them costs just as much and in addition requires access to faction technology, and time. Also, you start with more resources on lower difficulties…

I have played on all difficulty levels except Rookie and there is quite a big difference in many aspects.

If I’m not mistaken the impact of the DDA was adjusted downwards on lower difficulties at some point after release (IIRC in Leviathan).

In any case, just my opinion and a suggestion :hugs:

Things that can shred armor, roughly in order of appearance, to allow ARs to do damage afterwards:

• Assault Rifles (6pts per burst, not a lot, but still something) :blush:
  • Odin Grenades
  • Cannon
  • Scarab
  • Deceptor
  • Grenade Launcher
  • Berserker Armor Break
  • Mind controlled enemies that can shred armor
  • Acid pistol
  • Acid grenades
  • Mounted Launchers
  • Armadillo
  • NJ turrets
  • Synedrion spider drones
  • Sniper Weak Spot
  • Archangel
  • Harrower
  • Acid Cannon
  • Mjolnir Grenades

And I’m sure I’m missing a few :blush:

It’s not at all that the ARs are useless, it’s just that it’s easier to RB with an SR, or to dash-teleport around the map with a bionic melee torso and Rapid Clear the map, or [insert your preferred TB here].

Once again, AR are good for OW. When an Arthon moves or takes aim, they expose their less armored parts. Weaken them long range and let the AR finish them off. Also, their legs tend to be a major soft spot.

Rage Burst + Strongman

OW often hit walls or other obstacles. Shield Atron can take all bullets on his shield. It depends on direction that he moves. OW is awful in this game cause enemy didn’t freeze when OW trigged.

Nice question :slight_smile: Melee damage is very high and often (always?) goes to less armored part. Regular enemies dies after 1-2 strikes (melee terminator kills with one strike always). So armor shred only for melee is not necessary. But with other weapons it looks owepowered.

New recruits at base is lottery.
And you are wrong, that recruits with gear better naked. I don’t need recruits with faction equipment cause I don’t have technology to make ammo for it. Also, New Jeriho weapon is awful in my opinion and I don’t need it. And in the beginning you need to find at least two new soldiers as soon as possible. And if it goes with equipment you just don’t have enough resources to hire them. It’s not big problem to fight without armor in the beginning.

I don’t know what Second Wave means exactly, but if it makes for a more “realistic” and nerve-wracking experience like what we had closer to launch, that’d be much appreciated. That being said, some improvements/nerfs are appreciated. The improved shredding is nicer than it sounded, the speed/dash nerfs are awesome. AI behaviour/strength nerf not-so-awesome, fire buff awesome (especially against a Spawnery).

I mean personally I wish the game didn’t even have levels/xp or skills on soldiers (stats are fine and I like how they both improved and were random in the original xcom - that was the factor in me deciding their role, whereas in Phoenix Point their role is decided by secondary skill distribution/primary class… similar outcome, just more confusing) and instead used a large variety of equipment, but I know that’s not the direction they chose and it’s not going to happen.

I’ve spent too many years playing games and imposing my own set of rules for a more balanced difficulty and I’m just tired of writing and referencing all the time. It’s not enjoyable anymore.

They are less of a lottery than the ones at Havens, actually, because you can see their personal traits before hiring them. The list rerfreshes every 3 days and on lower difficulty levels, you have time to spare.

If you don’t want it, you can scrap it and get at least 50% back.

IIRC, on Veteran you start with 5 soldiers, so you would only need to get one. And you have plenty of resources too.

And did I mention that their stats are way better?

I’m not sure how the situation was on release (I was playing Veteran back then), but from reading other players’ comments it seems to me like lower difficulty levels are now also considerably easier when it comes to enemy deployment (numbers and stats).

Can anybody who has played on different difficulty levels recently confirm?

Yes, Veteran is easier in every aspect of the game

1 Like

I have no idea, but it’s singularly unsuitable for a melee attack. First because you can’t target body parts. Second because, as @Magor says, melee weapons have the highest damage output per hit of any weapon class - they are the best at overcoming armor anyway. Third as demonstrated in that capture you posted, armor break works best with shotguns/burst weapons…

1 Like

Lol, were you running a clandestine military organization, or a mega corporation?! :joy: Look at those stockpiles of resources…

EDIT: and labs, manufacturing centers, planes… The biggest threat you are facing there is an antitrust lawsuit.

1 Like

When you get Allied 100% reputation with Factions, you obtain so many resources, that you don’t have to scrap anymore :joy:

http://phoenix.server317.com/Diplomacy_missions

2 Likes

One can always reverse engineer the equipment. Some only require 1 of the item to reverse engineer. While the more advanced require 2.

1 Like

That’s almost my way, I try to get an early Synedrion Sniper for the Pythagoras and reverse engineer it. That cost some time but I like to have this rifle + ammo as early as I can get it.