Keep Rage Burst as it is (Please)

Limiting RB will lead to boring over-long missions. Imagine finishing the hive boss of a lair with single-shots. Or the boss of the game…

Before the buffed the latest SR, the boss was no fun to play. Not because he was so difficult, it was boring to kill every single Hitpoint frm the 9000. With RB it isn`t short either, but better now.

RB gives the game some dynamic elements!

I repeat: How dislikes RB: Don`t use it.
Or accept a compromise like limiting it to 3 shots, but better accuracy.

1 Like

Wow, I love this rhetoric and it’s only a Wednesday!

1 Like

Well, everyone loves the new lair, but not because you can rage burst the spawnery :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Don`t take me wrong, I love the new lair too! :slight_smile:

I really like the lairs now. Way better and quick to get through. I’m usually done in 10-20 mins max, where before it would have been an hour or more.

1 Like

I’m not against RB, and I certainly don’t want it limited to 3 shots - I simply think that giving Snipers RB is wrong and not how the game was originally designed.

TBH, one player’s ‘boring’ is another player’s 'perfect:

• For you, trying to work your way past the Pandas and get your RB Heavy into a position where she can finish off the Spawnery with Deceptor RB at close range is ‘boring’. For me, it is the essence of an interesting tactical challenge.

• For you, standing on the other side of the map and endlessly pumping 5 Sniper shots/turn into the Scylla/Spawnery [insert Big Nasty here] is fun. For me, it’s tedious as hell and the main reason why I made the original post that has finally got the Citadel mission changed.

But like I say, you want to play that way, that’s your prerogative. Just give me the Second Wave Option not to.

1 Like

Or Shotguns or Assault rifles

Like I say, Assault Rifles I can live with, cos at least they’re fully-automatic machine-guns.

But anything with a name like ‘Rage Burst’ conjures up images of a panicking squaddie jamming his finger on the firing button and emptying his mag in the general direction of the Big Nasty and hoping that he hits something - and that just doesn’t fit with Sniper Rifles or Shotguns.

It’s laser AR. I said, that this one may be good. But I used not to steal technology from Synedrion, but allied with them. And when I get this tech I already have terminator and don’t need it.

I don’t like to lose soldiers with many SP, that can be mainly get only from battle. I just can’t replace casualty with equal soldier.
Playing on lower difficulty didn’t change almost anything. Soldiers on heavens cost many resources and it make game harder, then on legend :slight_smile: And punishing system same and my first game on veteran without terminators wasn’t easier my next on legend.

Take minigun, go close to boss, use RB. Nothing will change :wink:

Doesn’t it depend on your starting location to other factions on who you have good relations with first to acquire the technology? It can be quite random.

What are AR good for? They soon can`t breach even Arthrons armour.

But you can use snipers or heavies to break the armor, and then assaults with AR or SG finish the work

Correct, but the armour break needs level 6 Snipers. Not viable in early game. Basta :slight_smile:

Continuing the off-topic , you can get Level 6 for Snipers before mid game, easily

ODI 23

The most simple, and I would assume that most common, tactic is to let your heavy launch grenade with grenade launcher at group of enemies and then finish all affected targets with assault rifles.

Yes, it’s random. And so I think, that if there only one normal AR, than in general AR is useless.
In my current game I will test laser AR with two perks with total +50% to AR damage and berserker’s 50 armor shredding skill. Think this may be useful in future life without terminators :slight_smile:

1 Like

New off-topic, Armor break (LV 2 Berserker) was originally created for Melee weapons?

I don’t think the purpose was AR or Grenade Launcher or that kind of weapons

Armor Break from Berserker is too powerful with the assault rifles. But yes, I currently use it quite often. :slight_smile: And it doesn’t have to be Deimos - you can use any assault rifle to have better spread of bullets all shredding armor.