Give Rapid Clearance diminishing returns

It doesn’t work well. It is broken in terms of balance. You can also turn on God mode if you want.

So gently there. I’m not sure this person is being obnoxious? Perhaps more concerned because of not having discovered some of the perspectives that you have. I have equally questioned some of the opinions of others here in a similar regard. I have much respect mostly for the opinions of the community council, but also recognise that they have played a lot more that most. I recently noticed that I have 31 days on record, so not to be sniffed at.

We should all maintain a level of respect and decorum. I recently have been trying to break the game and have slowly been creating a list of the stuff, but understandably am unsure if these issues have already been logged. My thoughts are that it can be an evolution of experience and understanding to get good enough to appreciate aspects of the game that can be considered flaws or not. Mostly, we all greatly enjoy this game, so that is why I see so much passion written in this forum.

More importantly, we’re discussing an issue which has been well documented and as I understand - is being changed and tested as we speak. So shouldn’t we wait and rather be ladies and gentlemen about this?

6 Likes

Well said Ementrude - and I apologise for my part in the exchange.

I don’t take kindly to being accused of doing the exact opposite of what I’m trying to achieve - especially since it takes a lot of time and patience to achieve it.

Nobody (with the possible exception of Yokes :wink:) wants to get rid of Rapid Clearance. It is both a very useful tool - and clearly an essential one for players like Omega. But it is obvious to most of us that in its current iteration it can easily break the game. So the challenge is to find a way to maintain its utility - allowing it to act as the ‘get out of jail free’ card that it is supposed to be - without it running wild and turning into the ‘burn the jail to the ground’ card that it can be if you know how to exploit it to its full potential.

1 Like

to be true I want to get rid of Electric Reinforcement, Mark for Death, Armor Break, Rally the Troops, Reckless, Biochemist and so on. Rapid Clearance could stay, but as skill working differently than it currently is. :wink: Of course yes, it was easier to write to remove it, than trying to convince how should it change [now I see that my quoted opinion wasn’t in this thread].

Why to stop there?, get rid of Vanish, Sneak Attack, Adrenaline(of course), and Mind crush :smile:

Vanish can be linked to specialized armor. :slight_smile: Sneak Attack is fine. Adrenaline Rush for such individual like Berserker I think is also fine (just too powerful currently). About Mind Crush I have mixed opinion, so can’t voice it right now.

II would also prefer if these skills were changed at least in the mode of operation (AP and Armor handover across the whole map to all soldiers, crazy magic)
Armor Bbreak for only the “first bullet / impact” would also be completely OK.

That would be too random. Solution proposed by devs is better, but I can’t speak about it. :slight_smile:

OK … ?
For my play stile you are engaged :slight_smile:
I personally don’t really need all the other so called OP skills (edit: sure nice to have, but not much more), these two alone are enough for me :smiley:

Well, Sneak Attack can be OP, but almost everything after midgame is prone to be OP,

Scorcher AT for instance, too powerful

1 Like

Already in the next update?
Then I would definitely try a new playthrough again.

should be in

I am finishing my second Danforth playthrough, and I am looking forward to play that new synergy :wink:

And the list goes on:
Thor AML
Ragnarok
Gungnir SR-2
Gorgon Eye-A

1 Like

I agree, making missions a joke, even with hard self restrictions

Bionic Fortress , Pirate King, Catacombs of Despair missions, A Team (6-7 soldiers) with mid game tech will take 10 min. max , lack of fun, for instance

I’m sorry for my freak-out. Like I said, we all love the game here and we all have different perspectives. Personally, I think that’s great. Thanks to all of you.

RC will be modified, nurfed to speak. The last bastion, which Assault had, will also be removed, except Dash for whatever. Everything else they can remove right away. All AR abilities have already been “customized” and will be ignored in future builds. Every player goes for DMG Max output. From 7 possible skills down to zero, not so nice. Let’s see what the devs want to do with the remaining level 7 class skills, so far they haven’t shown anything good.

I mean, if there was a PVP where it comes down to skills and builds I would even agree with you, but for a solo game based on fun and enjoyment I don’t see any reason to invest in PP anymore. Let’s see.

@Omega I don’t know, sure you can find a good use for Assault class :wink: without RC, and without Strongman

Scylla is taken down, 1 turn

1 Like

Sure, you can (still) play everything without restrictions, wait until the patch is there.
From then on there is only one way/direction for all. I hope it does not come to that. Rather expect the worst and hope for the best :slight_smile:

Making the other side (KI) stronger or more powerful would also be a possibility but wait, we had that before the current patch and now it’s too easy with all the OP skills and equipment, right. hehe. Life can be so immense. Sorry )

Problem is, unless you impose some pretty severe self-restrictions, that’s exactly how it is right now.
Rush your A-Squad up to Lvl 7 asap: build your Terminator(s) of choice, annihilate everything in 1 or 2 turns for the rest of the game. It gets very old very fast - as the likes of Etermes keep telling you.

For this game to have legs and stand the test of multiple playthroughs, it has to curb its excesses (on both sides) and give players proper, interesting development paths to follow. I think the devs get that, and I believe they’re getting there, but I’m not 100% sure.

Assaults aren’t neutralised by closing the RC loop - it just means that Assault/Zerkers can’t clear an entire map in 1 turn like they used to. That’s a good thing not a bad one. It turns the game into a tactical contest between you and the Pandas, rather than a tedious clickfest which you can only avoid by wilfully ignoring the most obvious and optimal builds.

But having said all of that, I get where you are coming from, which is why I constantly, constantly argue that there should be SECOND WAVE OPTIONS in this game.

If Omega wants to run all over the map with RC set to the max, let him.
Just give the rest of us the option to close the loophole off and play a proper tactical game.

Yeh, you got her in 1 turn, but the whole mission wasn’t done in 1 turn? :wink: