Give Rapid Clearance diminishing returns

I don’t know about the cost, eventually using A Team a lot you would get there anyway.

I think abusing due to Multiclass is in the game, causing TB ,so LV4 and LV7 mutually exclusive is a good workaround,

but Devs will surprise us in a few weeks with their new rebalance:

Which they don’t have :face_with_monocle:

2 Likes

I think either option is good - reducing accuracy (perhaps make the reduction incremental with each casting during the turn?), or limiting to one use per turn.

Regarding the latter option, I always play it like this, as part of my personal self-restrictions setup, and I find Quick Aim very useful even if cast only once per turn.

Probably SP should be limited by cap, so that then, drop by drop, give to Phoenix SP. As a master class from Veterans.

2 Likes

What do you use the extra 2MPs for: movement, reloading or something else?

There is always something to do with them - movement, shooting pistol, going on Overwatch.

Actually, I think that Quick Aim such as it is now (without any limits or penalties) encourages some poor decision making.

Don’t get me wrong, but almost every skill can lead to poor judgement. For every player that makes a poor judgement, there are others that can use it in good judgement. Help the one and hinder the others?

I like that version.
It’s similar to Rage Burst but they have diferences (with this RC you can choose the targets for example).
But more important, this version avoid the chain-combo problem with the regular RC.

As Voland says, it depends entirely on the situation.

For my part, my Snipers are also my officers, so they are often responsible for Rallying the Troops. When things get hairy, it’s often better to QA + Rally, rather than shoot with one, then Rally it with the other. Alternatively, they can squeeze off 2 shots, or fire then move, or fire - Dash - get Rallied - fire. The combos are endless and entirely dependent on the tactical situation at the time.

If the “chain” is limited to 3 x 1AP,
RC (BB4) leave only auto-aim.
With such limitations, I like both options that describe two different battle simulations, but the chain will be harder to activate than the stable 3 shots (but the chain allows you to get WP per kill).

Indeed. Personally, I would disable two enemy units with two shots.

Depends entirely on the situation. Would you waste 2 shots on 2 Arthrons if casting QA left you enough APs & WP to MFD a Scylla and Rally your Heavy into position for a RB with their Deceptor, followed by the coup-de-grace with the SR?

QA simply allows you to spend WP to conserve an AP that is better used somewhere else, wherever that may be :smirk:

100% agreement. Like everything in life, everything is relative. I think RC is fine and I don’t need any downgrades or fixes that could destroy the whole builds. Thx

OK. Then, please tell me that it’s not fair to see your fuller view of the game.

1. …many useful synergies like “Mind Crush”(priest) or Infiltrator work excellently well and would be sad if it is still getting complicated or nurfed. For nothing.
  2. It is level 7 skill and have to give you somithing back without DR.

Remember you have to be close to kill someone, so you leak WP and AP. RC gives you back only 2 AP and that’s not even that much.

So should it be allowed that level 7 skills break the game?

Most probably Dev’s intention for the RC was to allow player to get into the room full of baddies and cut them down in a blink of an eye, rather than run from building to building (like a flash superhero), killing stuff. However it’s quite hard to model it when you have AP for every possible action.

Option A:

• First of all “time distortion” problem could be fixed. It’s weird to perform an action and finish it with more time on ones hands (those 1AP kills resulting in +2AP). As someone’s mentioned kill should return AP that was spent on it, but not more than 2AP.
  • Secondly there could be physical limitation on how quick one can be (AP spend per turn). For example a global limit: single character cannot spend more than 10 AP per turn. Or maybe make RC give X charges (3,4 or whatever number). Upon kill charge is expended to return AP. Thus we’ll have strict and easy to balance limit of kills (similar to limit of shots in RageBurst).
  • Optionally we could add a drawback, that when RC is active movement speed is Halved (since skill’s about quick reaction, not about flash-style running).

Option B:

• RC activation cost X AP (to limit running around) and it does not replenish AP on kills anymore (+obviously some WP). Instead first X shots cost 2AP less (meaning they’ll be 0 for most of the weapons). For instance 3AP for 5 attacks would give a good firepower with reduced mobility, for the weapons that are not to cumbersome (3AP ones could still work if chained with AR…but still that would mean max 6 shots instead of 4 one gets with AR only).
1 Like

Are you trying to tell us that RC gonna break the game, seriously?
Think a little further than just to 2

No, only to you …

but it’s not true, and you should play the game instead of criticizing every skill. RC don’t need any change. Devs thought something or do you want to question that too?