Release discussion

Email orders@snapshotgames.com

Your making huuge assumptions. The only way we’ll be able to tell if the’re “sell only parcel of what they have done and then sell the rest as DLCs…” is if the DLC contains content that was originally pitched for the base game (such as mutations and cybernetics, Behemoths, alien types or faction, etc). They’ve announced since the very beginning that they’re planning DLCS post launch for the game (along with free content), this is no surprise.

Thanks you.

We all make huge assumptions all the time. You are making the huge assumptions too when you come in their defense saying that they have announced. They announced that if one preordered one got the full game, then I discover that I might as well have waited for the release day as ‘DLCs’ will be forthcoming a few months after…
look if you’re happy with that I’m happy for you, but I’m not. The way I see it they’re simply coming out with the game as it is and making folks play for dlcs with content that should have been in the game already. So I’ll be content to get my refund while you’ll be happily playing the game! That’s good for the both of us I should believe.

1 Like

if nothing get change with the skills tree before the release i want a refund. im not interesed in this game the way it is. im saying this here because i was waiting To see another backer release To see if the game would become interesting for me. i even bought the backer to help out and make sure you had enough found to delay the release making sure the games good. but right now im pretty sure that after the release marketing the game wont survive the critics.

DLCs were in FAQ before release of Backers Build 1. So really early in development. There was suggestion about additional classes etc. Look at this topic from April 2018:

Told you! :smiley:

Well we will see what is in base release. Behemoths were announced as postponed for a later free DLC. I was quite surprised by few things in Backers Build 5 but also noticed that there won’t be few things that I was expecting. It may be that I won’t be impressed by base release, but surely I will play the game as it will be.

From DLC names I assume it might contain:

• Blood and Titanium - mounts for factions? If so, they were speculated to be in base release but officially were moved to DLC as the lack of resources to include them in base release. But maybe it will include additional mutations and cybernetic enchancements for soldiers?

• Legacy of the Ancients - Antideluvian units??? Or at least maybe additional story missions in predefined ancient city maps (just like Fort Freiheit?)

• Festering Skies - flying aliens? So something that will make use of aircraft damage mechanics? And will also add so wanted by some people aerial combat?

These things were definitely not announced in Fig Campaign or even during pre-order campaign.

1 Like

“They announced that if one preordered one got the full game, then I discover that I might as well have waited for the release day as ‘DLCs’ will be forthcoming a few months after…”

But that isn’t exactly what they said.

“if you backed or pre-ordered Phoenix Point at any time since our crowdfunding campaign until today, you will receive a year of free DLC.
That’s right - every piece of paid DLC we release for Phoenix Point during our first year will be automatically added to your Epic Store account when you redeem your key.”
https://phoenixpoint.info/epic
https://phoenixpoint.info/epicfaq

Only those who pre-ordered before March 12th got the deal with the knowledge that DLC would follow, not just those who pre-ordered in general. I don’t really care whether or not you refund, more power to you. But I’m not making any assumptions here, just stating the facts.

1 Like

I see your point but you have to understand that it was told from the beginning that game will be developed further for many months after the launch. Think of it as of ongoing support for the game. It’s really great news because PP really has huge potential and adding or evolving some ideas could only help with making it even better, more expanded game. Besides it’s also great to hear that devs have heads full of ideas which eventually come out in a form of some additions (like DLC or maybe even a sequel later in a future?). Obviously they could also postpone launch of the game for another few months to make at least some of those ideas included right away…
P.S. I also hope for some serious modding support which let us almost infinitely extend the life of PP :slight_smile:

I understand that.

In case you are not aware, the DLC for free was offered to backer when Epic exclusivity was announced. DLCs were planned ever since the fig campaign.

If I remember well, Paradox games were quoted as what would be nice to do: a game which can be regularly expanded as it goes on. If they really will use Paradox games as models vanilla game should see extra polish without need for extra content purchase.

I do agree that hearing 5 DLC sounds a bit excessive, but it’s not necessarly bad. There is a lot of content one can throw into systemic strategy game. XCOM2 release 3 DLC within a year and massive expanion after that.

That said, like many here, it doesn’t affect me as an early backer. If I weren’t a backer, I would avoid pre-ordering until I see that the base game is worth playing before making purchase decisions.

Well you’re just wrong.
Those who follow this forum regularly already knew that there would be at least 3 DLCs and now it’s five. I can understand the bias towards DLCs but in this case it was known even before there was a BB1. (At least that’s what I remember but I bought this game nearly 2.5 years ago)

Doubt it :wink: .
I was on a shopping spree / preorder madness this year and every single game I bought was either delayed or bugged. I would be very surprised if the release is flawless.

Nevertheless I’m rooting for a success and I’ll send my best wishes to the Twitter/Youtube/CommunityManager @UnstableVoltage who deserves high praises for his posts and excellent videos.
PS: Still waiting for that Trello roadmap :wink: .

2 Likes

Were they really? I remember it being mention that Behemoths might not make it into initial release and be added in free patch afterwards, as it was part of the original campaign. It was before the delay to Decemeber. I kinda assumed they would make it into the game with the delay. Is my info out of date?

It’s from Mr. Gollop’s post regarding move to Epic:

The two stretch goals from the fig campaign - sea bases and underwater missions - will form the basis of the first 2 DLC packs. There will be at least 1 more major DLC pack during the launch year, plus a number of free updates for all players.

Also PP Floating base streachgoal was met after campaign ended and was to be added as free for backers DLC. Could it be the “Festering Skies?”.

From the January 2018 facebook QA with Mr. Gollop:

What about DLC for expanding the game?

There will be DLC. We’ve already confirmed that the first DLC will be the floating base system with an extra mission type and some technology. We do have plans for more DLC but we can’t talk about that at the moment as it is still under development.

I must admit that I am enjoying BB5 and can see this is going to be a good game. That said, there seems like a lot of story missing and some major issues that would be hard to address in a month. For example, I am on my 3rd play through and I am getting much further with each play. At times I even think I have the aliens on the run (hit many lairs, nests). Unfortunately, I have never found another Phoenix base in any of the play throughs. That was fine the first time, but in the last two, I have covered, with many scans, at least 80% of the map and probably more. Also, in the 3rd (current) play through, the New Jericho diplomacy mission required me to go from the Middle East to the bottom of South America. This is a huge problem, because it appears they have the most useful early tech. As a result, I don’t have access to improved arms and munitions. In the last haven defense, I ran into a new alien - and it had goo, could release a mindfragger, could smash you to pieces and roughly 1250 health points. I had no armor shredding weapons. All I could do was run and hit it with grenade after grenade to bring the armor down. I won the battle and no one died, but two of my soldiers had under 50 pts left. I ran out of grenades except for the grenade launcher and I bring a bunch. Two soldiers fired so much they ran out of ammunition. Oddly, at the end of this mission, I got a Disciples of Anu shredding shotgun and a couple magazines. Unfortunately, I can’t manufacture them, despite being allied with them. So, I no real way of taking down heavily armored opponents except the grenade launcher. This kind of imbalance is nuts. I felt like I played that haven defense very well and I was one bad turn away from a complete wipe. I did finally complete the first New Jericho diplomacy mission and just found the second. After completing that, I will get the tech, but I could easily face another haven defense or two with no shredding weapons.
Right now, Dash is over powered. I like it, but that is just the truth.
It’s hard to believe these kind of balance issues will be resolved that quickly.

But aren’t these DLC for free?

Maybe you are right. I don’t have time to check when it was mentioned and if it could change due to postponing release.

Maybe it’s a have a cake and eat it to situation? It will be free for backers after all :smiling_imp:

To be fair, releasing those for free AND working on three paid DLC would be suspiciously much. And there are still two DLC to look forward to.

EDIT. The post is rather clear that at least underwater content is to be part of DLC packs:

we haven’t heard anything one way or the other since the delay was announced

Look, do you want to wait 3 more years for them to develop every idea they have? Then go ahead and wait 3 more years while the rest of us play the game as is, and continue to play as they add to the base game with DLCs.

Welcome to the post-2010 world. Rather than a 10 year development cycle to make the exact game a developer wants, they release a playable game after 4 years and add on to it until it’s eventually the game they envisioned from the get go.

Probably this will be the floating base, judging from the initial campaign end goals. Maybe “titanium” refers to the structure itself, and “blood” to the lifes of everyone lost to build such a structure;

With a name like this, it has to refer to the first race of Earth’s hominids who managed to defeat PV, so I’m expecting a much more lore focused DLC. And, yes, the search for the Ancients will be done underwater, hence underwater missions;

Yeah, most probably the aliens take the fight to the skies, which up until that point was mankind’s main advantage. PV recognized it as such, and evolved to counterattack

I am thinking Dec 3rd is way too soon… from BB5, there is so much CTD, have to alt -Tab-esc to let task manager to end game… so many mechanics in BB5 that need to be worked out…I would of thought a BB6 would be released to shore up some of that… Please do not release a broken game!!! Please! Can I get my refund now from my preorder?

1 Like

Keep in mind that BB5 is 2 months old and most likely had some content withheld so it wouldn’t spoil parts of the games, so what we have now is probably way behind of Snapshots internal build.
If you really want a refund then Unstable voltage can help, i’d say wait for release since its only a month away and play a couple minutes, if it’s broken at release you can just refund as long as you don’t play for more than 2 hours and within 2 weeks after the game launches

You should be playing Risk. :wink:

2 Likes