Pledge Upgrade option

Just wondered with BB3 coming out if there was any news or an ETA on this?

check e-mail, check other threads of forum, check main site od the game

no news, yet

Its been 9 months now since the issue of upgraded pledges was initially raised.

I (and I am sure many others) would be grateful for any updates on the current position.

as would the team, but Xsolla continues to be Xsolla

We’ve been waiting for something close to a year now for our retail partner to put a system into place to allow these upgrades. We’ve been promised delivery date after delivery date and so far they have failed to hit every deadline. I can assure you that this is equally, it not more frustrating for us. We have customers ready and waiting to give us more money and we can’t currently take it. The last date I was given for a solution is early February. But I was also told January and then December before that.

Rest assured, as soon as it is available we will let people know. There’s no need to keep checking. We’re chasing it weekly.

2 Likes

Why not make a sticky or an FAQ about it? - When new people come to the forum they might then check there first rather than raising new posts or threads.

I’m sure you’ll have already considered this, but if your retail partner aren’t reliable, do you have the option to switch to a different retail partner? Speaking as a consumer, I was initially keen to upgrade, but patience has its limits and Xsolla are not exactly giving me confidence that they’d handle my upgrade appropriately even if/when that option does become available.

I’m certainly put off backing via Fig/Xsolla for any future titles. To which whilst I would be more than happy to back Snapshot Games in future, I hope that you’ll go with a different retail partner.

1 Like

We have FAQs all over the place. People never read them and never bother to search if the question has been answered before. They often don’t even read previous posts in the thread they’re posting in.

Fig isn’t that bad. There are issues with it sure, but nothing compared to Xsolla

The FAQs (that I’m aware of) are obscured on the Phoenix Point website rather than here so people searching for FAQs here will possibly miss those. If there is another FAQ on this forum directly, then speaking personally it’s not easy to find (I didn’t find it and I did search).

I’m not aware at all of where your other FAQs lists are, so maybe this is a question that is addressed in one of them.

At this rate it’ll be in EA by the time it comes around to letting people upgrade.

Over 3 months since the last post on this subject.

I imagine a lot of people have been side tracked with the Epic announcement but I for one still want to know what progress is being made for an upgrade option.

Unless something is sorted soon there’ll be no point as the game will not be far off release (hopefully).

I know UnstableVoltage has said look in the FAQ but in the ones I have found there is no mention of an upgrade.

Is this no longer being persued following the Epic deal?

A further update would be appreciated :wink:

I believe this is the latest official information about it, posted on Mar 16 (so less than 3 months ago), though “nothing new”, as usual with xsolla…

1 Like

the latest is that we are still waiting on Xsolla to do their job

Have a feeling this is just never going to happen, we’ve been asking for over a year now…

two years. We’ve been waiting two years now.

The only reason they have now to make it possible should be just to place a checkmark at “promise delivered”… They’ll not get that many pledge-upgrades from old-backers, it’s not good PR (would not be that even if they were not years late), and the few remaining backer will not generate enough “bad-PR” to try to avoid that…

They just don’t have a good reason to make it priority, or to work on it at all…

I got the impression the ball was in Xsolla’s court on the upgrade issue.

But I’d be pissed. Definitely money was lefton the table because Xsolla couldn’t handle a simple upgrade option.

Post an adjustment transaction. Post a credit for the previous purchase against the upgrade option. Obviously that’s just talk, but having developed financial accounting software in the past… it’s not rocket science.

1 Like

pretty much what you said @Steelviper

If it was directed to me, I wrote my post about Xsolla, and I absolutely agree with you.

1 Like