Next patch wishes

I remember saying the same thing on another topic, it is very gameish. Someone aswered me that probably the Pandorans are attracted to our arrival which makes sense, but why they attack the crates? and where do the crates come from in the first place? it is very immersion breaking.

3 Likes

So then could you mind control the person mindcontrol a mindcontroller? And if so would you mind controller soldiers that were mind controlled by that mindcontroller now be mind controlled by your mind controller, or would they gain free will?

Nobody has free will. They’re all the puppets of the mythical ‘Game Players’ that control the world… :scream:

Imho I prefer for both get ‘Dazed’ or ‘Paralyze’ effect for mind control a mind controller for a penalty.

Ahh, but do you really have free will, or do you just think you do and you’re really being mind controlled by the AI into believing that? :crazy_face:

No free will! They should stay mindcontrolled by their previous mind controller. Only because he now has changed sides so should do his puppets! :dolls:

whatever i hope SG will be able to release a patch soon ™ because bugs and imba are slowly but surely killing my interest for a game i found great with so much potential

fix the endless enemy turn bugs

this makes the game unplayable for me

The Athena does not ignore armour. It does 10 damage even when it penetrates and does 15 paralysis damage. A top-level crabman has a strength value of 30, which actually requires 3 shots frm the Athena to PARALYZE because you have to exceed the strength value. (or a shot from another paralysis weapon. It’s not viable to deliver 3 shots per crabman on a busy map. You will get overrun and you aren’t doing any will damage when you don’t kill.

As for the priest, you still need to deliver kills to be able to mind control effectively because you have to lower the will.

What I said is true for all tech trees. And what you mention isn’t really a counter to the main evolutionary path, armour. ACID, AP, FIRE, SHREDDING are all solutions to that. AP is by far the best. ACID and SHREDDING need a rebalance to even come close to matching AP. And, as I said, it would be great if there were other areas that scaled like armour values on the Pandorans. Such as HP, maybe movement and will too.

1 Like

Indeed, it has 60 piercing. So there is one body part that you can’t hurt on the Queen.

With a single shot you take away 2AP from them. Hit each one of them from afar, you have time before they come to you and if they move they can’t shoot. So a good instrument to control the pace.
Add an other shot when you can, and finish off with Neurazer if you want … or kill them. Athena rifle buys you time … quite a lot of it. My snipers usually bring two SRs, the Athena one being used when it’s crowded. And I give one to everybody if I can.

1 Like

Haha. A patch has dropped. It might only be a hotfix but it shouldd allow me to play again. I just wonder if it’s worth starting a new game or wait for main patch.

1 Like

Why? Mind Crush kills.
And after you’ve killed enough you can Mind Control some units to continue killing.

As for Athena rifle pantolomin has already described it quite nicely. It does cripple enemy units by eating their action points, often even better than by destroying limbs. The only real drawback is that it doesn’t crush enemy morale and doesn’t give WP to the shooter.

I as well bring 2 sniper rifles. But I’ve tried to do what you say here and it works sometimes. You’ll still been overrun on really hordish enemy deployments because paralysis is a slower more difficult route, it’s designed that way because the rewards are higher. All the delicious mutagen!!

Please try to take my original point, which is that there is an overwheminlgy obvious best route to counter armour AND that the pandorans primarily “evolve” into armoured versions of the themselves. What I would really like anyone from the development team reading this is that it would be great if the Pandorans evolved along different tracks, which were as overwhelmingly powerful as their armour mutations (such as accumulating HP, will or speed).

Well, yes, you need armor piercing to kill, but an Arthron with 300HP takes 3 shots with a sniper rifle to put down (unless you have a sniperist, reckless one like I do). You have to target his machine gun, grenade launcher. So the point of Athena is just that you can slow some of them with a single shot and focus on others in the meantime.
If you are swarmed … lots of grenades. I tend to not use many grenades (the “Vahlen” syndrome). Also, you have to get very close which is not a good place to be unless you kill.

2 Likes

Yes, that would be super cool!
I’ve seen a wonderful post on Reddit describing several types of interesting mutations.
E.g.: triton exploding into a pool of goo as an answer to soldiers running up close with their shotguns.
Or reactive armor decreasing damage of each next shot in a burst as an answer to ARs and MGs (but vulnerable to other types of damage).

I agree, if it says there are 8 people or 3 or however many still fighting the aliens when you come in, where are they? That would indeed be a help along with a bit or realism. I also agree with the factions fighting issue. Would you really be hating each other when a threat of this kind is happening? So man is destroying man along with the tech that, if they got together would help everyone? That just doesn’t sit right. Its annoying. Then if they are fighting each other by attacking the haven, who do you end of fighting if you choose to help.
The balance seems so in favor of the aliens. I know a lot of people think rage burst and some other things are too OP, but have you tried to kill some of those enemies without it. I got a syilla, and two worm spitting guys with 24 other aliens on a mission before my guys were level 7. I lost two soldiers and ended up pulling out. Thats why to much for 6-8 guys to handle.

1 Like

The problem is, what if you cant get the armor piercing. If the game starts you off with New Jericho very far from you and every time you help someone else, NJ keeps on ticking off those minus favors, you end up being hated by them and if you get to them to steal tech, it may be late in the game where you can not find any viable NJ research places to raid. I started a new game because of that senerio. It took 3 to 4 shots to kill each crab guy. Even with a shotgun.

1 Like

You hardly get better shotguns during a campaign (Weapons, Armors & Mutations: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ZCzCkCxPePCySSVqlIAM6vf5ZUBYqjp5Yb2oi-SVsaE/edit#gid=2079746534).

1. Mercy: 40 DMG, 8 PELLETS
  2. Iconoclast: 40 DMG, 10 PELLETS
  3. Harrower: 40 DMG, 8 PELLETS, 8 SHRED

But they are for very close range when you can choose a body-part that has 20 armor or less. If you can shoot the spitter head, it has no armor, 1 shot is enough.

Anu has the priest that is a super class. You put all your skill points in will. You can panic enemies, mind-control them, mind crush. You don’t need many weapons.
Synedrion has the infiltrator which is more difficult to spot for the enemy, so they have to come closer which leaves you a bit of time to deal with them (infiltrator/sniper). And once they are level 7, you double the damage when not spotted. Your assault rifles suddenly hit hard enough. And that is even if you don’t cheese it and make them 100% stealth. And paralysis tech helps set the pace.

So yes, piercing is the conventional way and you have it with New Jericho, but each faction has its own way of dealing with the Pandorans and that’s something great that the game offers.

Some techs are close to useless though for now like virus, acid and to a lesser extent poison.

Fire grenades, although I haven’t tested it myself (Vahlen syndrome, remember ?), can be of great help to prevent Pandorans from approaching.

3 Likes

The athena works and I always carry several because I need the delicious mutagens. There is a point and it’s pretty often in the late game, where there are too many enemies on the field to rely on paralysis to actually gain the advantage on the map - specifically. I’d also like to say that I never said there weren’t other tools to deal with this. There is one that works exceptionally well, AP, under all circumstances by comparison. It even synergizes better with mind control. At the time that wrote that post, in my current playthrough, I was facing evolved Arthrons and was still trying to make the other methods work. They don’t work as well as AP. And that, I believe, is the basic design with NJ guns being your true top-tier. But others, such as acid, work so poorly that you can’t rely on them when the field is full of higher-tier enemies.

Saying that MIND CRUSH is great isn’t the same as what I’m talking about, which is the research track. As well, not every soldier will get to level 7 to use all the top-tier abilites.

This wasn’t a bad conversation but I’m not going to talk about this here anymore. The other methods here is really not my main concern, which I believe you saw below, and it’s not really on topic. I’d rather not clutter this in the hopes that important people are scanning our points.

[/quote]

As for Athena rifle pantolomin has already described it quite nicely. It does cripple enemy units by eating their action points, often even better than by destroying limbs. The only real drawback is that it doesn’t crush enemy morale and doesn’t give WP to the shooter.
[/quote]

1 Like

Suggestions for next bugfix:

Prevent enemies from spawning in unreachable areas. The pirate king spawned in a blacked out area which I could not reach.

Information if an enemy is alerted or not. Sometimes the message is displayed of screen and I don’t know if reactive measures are needed.

Make sure diplomacy missions are not too far away. I currently have two diplomacy missions in Antarctica with my first base in Africa.

Otherwise: Everything that crashes the game is bad.

2 Likes