Never again Epic games

You totally don’t sound like a big giant entitled baby.

I do miss physical forms (boxed games with manuals and even posters) of games, but can agree many things have advanced. Sometimes new huge games having outstanding loading times on non SSD drives, remind me of floppy/cassete days without turbo modules.

In my experience, you could get a fix before via FTP servers, and less buggy games were done on immediate release. I feel like beta testing games more nowadays, like companies rush to have product sooner and fix it later.

Terror from deep was a nice game, I liked a bit more Lovecraftian direction of story and tougher enemies. I can agree its mostly what today would be seen as re-skin, but thinking of new story, developing new graphics and audio, new animations was enough to justify new title. I would thinking it more as new game on same engine (as today 3D engines get licensed).

2 Likes

I used to be an indie game developer on Atari 500 XL… :smiley: It doesn’t make me feel old, it makes me feel pretty bad ass :smiley:

3 Likes

Phoenix Point = My first and last Snapshot game because Epic Games exclusive.

1 Like

Bully for you. That was then and this is now… Phoenix Point is no longer an exclusive. Your point was (other than a late protest campaign)?

jesus… this topic again? Maybe you will also try to boycott all games made on Unreal Engine?

I asked you guys 2 months ago to close it so why cry about it now ?

Fact still is that selling the game exclusiv on Epic was one of Phoenix Points biggest mistakes .

I could post top 100 mistakes that Snapshot made and Epic exclusivness wouldn’t even be on that list. Because I don’t care. Yet people like to boycott everything because it makes them feel important. :stuck_out_tongue: Well… they are not. :stuck_out_tongue:

It would be the same game, with the very same issues, and more or less with the same player base but with much less cash for Snapshot, and likely less post launch support. So no, Phoenix Point would be worse without the Epic deal.

7 Likes

Fact remains that about 30% Steam reviews are negative, and that is above average. Surely, Epic case contribute and backfired, but its more to state of game. Not all were Epic angry, many experienced simply tried to like the game, but faced several “walls”.
Taking best out of criticism is only way to improve.

I still hold optimism that game CAN be fixed, but we are coming closely to no DLC

Any exclusivity is always a mistake, in my perspective. More is the marrier and widespread. And I dont really see how earned money made game better (in terms of bugs as example)

Even I wouldn’t be as radical to say something like that. That money is most likely one of main reasons development continue till now. I am not happy about game direction as I have expected something different, but I wouldn’t be so sure if the game would survive as long and had DLCs at all if not Epic deal.

From a customer point of view, sure. From a developer or a publisher point of view, it is often valid and reasonable decision.

2 Likes

Well I am radical in solving troubles I do have in life. There is no other way then to look to solutions. Too bad I cant work on them, but message to devs is Demian & Buju

rasvoja

22h

Tell devs that and bugs 2021 are MUST if you wish anything paid beyond seasson pass. You plan DLC6+. I am sorry, but in few years we have come to that.

Let advanced AI be optional and 50% slower turns. I would thick it.

Commie officers from army will not shoot them then :slight_smile:

And where is @Jualian ? I would like to hear of his playthrough and opinions since he promoted great AI and evolution

There is always something players can do

Sure. If bug and corto situation persist within 90 days I call for players strike in form of

Uninstalling game from epic and steam until we are all told bugs are fixed
Changing positive reviews to negative
No further funding
Selling Epic and Steam gifrs on kinguin or for free

I herby, will first give away 2 PPs and older studio game I have

On my own I purchased Epic, Steam, twice all DLCs avail on time. I had no cash at time of KS, otherwize would be some VIP supporter.

I like idea of development in Bulgaria, али браћо да се работи како Бог заповеда.

Also, Jullian should tell us about his experience of game playthrough till the end in present form, even no DLCs, AI and evolution.

Since he promoted I bullshit for first time in our parallel timeline and lifetime.

JG has a company to run, you know. I guess it was convenient to use his face and name during the campaign, because it was marketing trick to play a bit with our nostalgy, but I don’t think JG even have enough time to have PP “experience of game playthrough” at all. :stuck_out_tongue:

Yes, players could stop behaving like a spoiled children. :stuck_out_tongue:

This is so… unrelevant. :stuck_out_tongue: I did argue with oSiyeza about bug fixing, but we did argue about intention. I don’t think they fix bugs because they care about us, they fix because it is in their best interest to do so. No matter what is the reason, they will fix the bugs as fast as they can if they care about releasing new content anytime soon. You can strike as much as you like, but it wont make any difference. :stuck_out_tongue:

After all the promo, he has 60 days to find 60 hours for Rookie and Legendary campaigns.

Why do you keep linking the same post over and over again?

Ah, ok. So I will just block you. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

I will cease moment they improve, Please tell me in inbox before how to block,
I wish to include Corto and you.

I would be interested in reading or watching snapshots post-mortem, be it Julian’s or someone else’s.

I did notice his disappearance as a face of the game after Epic deal backlash. Whenever it is coincidence, or him not taking kindly to personal attacks, is anyone’s guess It also could be simply that with Epic deal there was no more reasons for further PR like that - he didn’t strike me as someone who would mug to camera out for enjoyment.

If Snapshot is working on another title it is possible that Julian is occupied working on it, while a team wraps up what is left to do in Phoenix Point.

And that all assuming that Julian is very hands-on with the game development, as crowdfunding videos suggested.

2 Likes

I’m pretty sure he’s finished the game multiple times - in one the streams before Festering Skies one other dev mentioned that JG was doing an infiltrator-focussed run at the time.

1 Like