multiple training facility

No offense, but I think you are looking at it from a very narrow angle. First of all, putting more resources into training should make training more efficient, and so faster. It’s not that you have more classrooms or more books, it’s that e.g. the AIs in charge of training have more processing capacity to generate more complex VR simulations from which the trainees derive a better learning experience.

Second, even now some progress is being made in neuroscience to drastically speed up learning. It’s easy to imagine that in a future where there are AIs this is far more advanced and could reasonably be expected to depend on processing capacity, without the need of the trainees being cyborgs (I recall watching this demonstrated in a documentary with bow shooting).

Granted, it could be argued that it shouldn’t in any event be this scalable, and that each training facility should provide a marginal boost (i.e. instead of +2xp, +1.8xp, and then 1.5, 1.1, etc.). But then a similar argument could be made in regards to investment in research and manufacturing facilities.

It is still a game, not real life simulator. But there you had to manage:

• all your soldiers in single base,
  • all your items between stores,
  • all other personnel in a base depending on different buildings,
  • aircrafts
  • and captured aliens
  • You could simultaneously research and produce few things in single base depending on building staff
  • you had to decide which soldiers heal in medical centers.
  • you even decided what items will be in soldier’s hands, what in backpack, what on shoulders and in the belt.

In fact manufacturing have a decreasing efficiency, but they are global, so a decreasing efficiency is certainly required to tune. It’s the classic 4X problem, you grow bigger, but if all logic apply, once you are big enough it’s end game already.

For training facilities, a decreasing efficiency would reduce the value of specializing a base for training, you would build or or two in any single base and that’s it.

But still you are building next “classrooms”. :smiley: If you want to speed it up give us some research about it. Create some mutation for soldiers to boost their capabilities. Or even let us upgrade single building for some resources and energy to speed training up.

Don’t build 5 training centers in a single base to increase training speed of a single soldier.

2 Likes

Even specialized 4X aren’t realistic and many fail into excessive micro management, solved for most players with automatic AI decisions, sigh.

Yeah PP hasn’t the same spirit than original XCOM and on purpose tried achieve a balance to focus more on combats and good management and less on repetitive micro management.

Lol, you should apply such comparison with reality to all video games and better scrutinize.

It’s not more training facilities, it’s more training facilities improvements using more space in the base and improvements in a base are linked with each other.

Ok some text tuning to do, sigh, the game has many more important aspects to tune than some explicative text.

Automation doesn’t mean something should be out of logic.

I suppose we understand improvement differently. You don’t improve if you extend building with more space. At least not for a single product of that building. You can make more products with that additional space, but original product isn’t affected.

I didn’t say it is most important fix we need. But it should be changed as currently it is stupid design.

No it’s not stupid desing, lol, it’s gameplay design.

Im’ so much used to players realism arguing with no clue on effect on gameplay.

It’s natural, reality is something the players know more or less, the gameplay is something more obscure. Easy to argue on first, much less easy to argue on second.

I haven’t played all games around but among the many I played I could easily list for each a long list of non realism aspect.

You know you have just totally broken my immersion, kind sir? :sweat:
I think I’ll lock in my room and cry :sneezing_face:
On a more seriouse note: I am glad that PP developers took some of the micromanagement away =)

Ooops, unfortunate. :slight_smile:

But again, even if some games produce more efforts than other, through gameplay details or through writing, to build a more complete and more efficient feeling of realism, at the end they all have plenty huge holes in their realism.

IMHO this game is champion in that.
Developers (or who ever makes decisions) kicked out all realism to make this game more playable and more winnable in order to keep their brainchild aka adaptive difficulty.

But it is irrelevant what is in the other games, especially those which don’t focus on giving realistic immersion of the world. Stupid design isn’t mutually exclusive with game design. Building second training center should not speed up training time of a single soldier. End of topic. Everything else is just a nonsense.

I will agree with this if the training is limited to gaining experience - At level 3. Although you can leave a very very slow increase, after reaching.

What should or should not do a game isn’t just a matter of realism, end of topic.

No realism = Heroes of Might and Magic
For X-com game I expect “a bit” more realism.

2 Likes

IMO this is the Story of the X-Com series, especially with regard to Firaxis without LongWar mods.

The point of reflecting the investment in training as a base facility (again, training facility, I don’t know why you want to call them classrooms) is so that there are opportunity costs between research, manufacturing, training, etc.

Yes, but of course, you win.

LongWar2 is no way a better game than XCOM2, only different, and more micromanagement has a limit leading to more boredom tasks then more boredom play.

Did you even noticed your LW2 soldiers never sleep, never eat and never go at toilet? Lame, at least in PP they need rest and eat some food it’s more realistic. LW2 is a crap unrealistic game. //Sarcasm off.

It is not about my win, it is about some logic. They may propose something better than I may think of. But such design as of now should be improved.