How to win without factions?

Hi again,
I did the whole play-through while doing no faction mission and keeping them at 24 or under (of course I cheated to go this fast - by using the console with a mod on nexus for most of the missions but still doing some normally).
You don’t need to steal research either (at least in my play-through I could scan & go to Antarctica without it).

You basically have to follow the yellow stuff that is written in the top left corner. Easy !
If you want some spoilers, the research tree looks like that:

• Atmospheric Analysis: see mist coverage
    • The Phoenix Archives: can have a hint on location of Phoenix bases
      • Oneiric Delirium Index: gives access to the DOOM tracker
  • Destroy Nest -> Pandoran Colonies: -
    • Destroy Lair -> Pandoran Lair: -
      • Destroy Citadel -> Pandoran Citadel: can scan for nests, lairs& citadels

With Oneiric Delirium Index & Pandoran Colonies:

• Pandoran Capture and containment: can build containment chamber and build Neurazer
    • Siren Autopsy: some resources
      • Siren Vivisection: 10% damage increase
        • Pandoran Telepathic Nodule: some lore
    • Scylla Autopsy: some resources
      • Scylla Vivisection: 10% damage increase

Meanwhile we have the Symes story that we need to follow till the end:

• after “Time Vault” mission, Antediluvian Protocivilization: soldiers 10% additional XP from missions and training
  • after “Antarctica” mission, Yuggothian Entity: know the enemy

After you have Pandoran Citadel, Yuggothian Entity, Pandoran Telepathic Nodule & Scylla Vivisection:

• Yuggothian Receptacle: know what’s coming
    • Virophage Injector: END GAME FOR PHOENIX PROJECT

And of course, you have lots of reverse engineering to do (if you manage to find the weapons as loot). Capturing a Scylla with Neurazer is fun.

Something strange happened though. In lots of missions (rookie difficulty) I had very few Pandorans. Scavenging missions with 2 Arthrons and 2 Mindfraggers, a single Chiron or Scylla in a Haven defense, lairs or citadels with 3/4 enemies. I remembered my first rookie campaign as much more difficult.
I don’t know if it is due to the fact that I used the console to auto-win some missions that screwed the difficulty or if number of enemies gets bigger with your relation with factions.
Food for thoughts…

1 Like