Face Hugger Aliens too Good

I don’t see mindfraggers as annoying or overpowered, and I have even stopped using FireCats in my missions, because those are the real OP. Getting MF to a single 1 HP would turn them into simple cannon fodder and they would not add anything the game, since any pistol would take care of their business. Needing two rifle bursts to destroy them is my ideal, and only question now is how they will mutate. Maybe flying?

2 Likes

OH GOD!!! That is a scary thought!! That would defiantly turn them from a nuisance, into something to worry about!

1 Like

Maybe a one-shot helmet mount that bats a facefriend out of the way as it’s leaping. I can imagine a satisfying animation for that one.

It could leave it in front of you, doing little in the way of damage. Maybe a part of the faceplate shoots off and leaves you with a weak point in your armour?

That is horrific, and was my primary reason for wanting to reply to this thread. :laughing:

Discovered in the new version that they can refill your ammo, I used a soldier who had no ammo as a lure to get one, and the Rifle was suddenly loaded, I could also use the ammo in the rifle after getting rid of the hugger.

1 Like

why all this about mindfraggers just bash em with no risk of hurting your team mate
works 100% and is a cheep way too kill em :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

You can also bash it off. Target the Mindfragger then bash it off.

1 Like

Bashing them is available since BB5. :wink:

The ‘bash’ idea is a fantastic improvement to the game in BB5.

In BB4 having the mechanic being able to pull them off with the arms was good but too limited. Your mechanic getting face hugged was enough to ruin the day. Opening up a free option for any soldier makes them much easier to deal with.

This might be a real shock to the devs, but a gamer with early access might be about to come across as difficult to please. :scream::exploding_head:

Potential evolutionary upgrades notwithstanding, the face huggers don’t seem to be much of an issue any more. I don’t think I ever get shot by a controlled soldier in the early game in this build. They can exacerbate a difficult situation by taking one of my guys out of the game for a turn or two; but that is sometimes balanced out by that one soldier not being a target for a while, or sometimes they heal themselves, or get in to a good position.

That might be what is supposed to happen, because later on they can synergise with more powerful controller ground troops, and their relatively easy presence early on can get you complacent.

1 Like

I don’t think it is such a bad thing they have made them easier to deal with. In the earlier BBs they were one of only a couple aliens so it made sense they were harder to deal with.

Now when in an alien nest and getting spammed by larger aliens. If a face huger slips through the cracks and makes it to your team, there almost needs to be this way that any soldier can deal with them. In previous BBs They would never get close enough to my soldiers to be dangerous.

In BB5 The mist spam in alien nests makes them a real nuisance. If it was only the mechanic that could remove them still, I would’ve had several squad wipes by now.

2 Likes