Do missions scale to the level of your team?

Which is why I constantly advocate making them Second Wave Options &/or only limiting them on the higher Difficulty Levels.

Though, based on your convo with Voland above, we seem to be running into the common confusion between alpha-strikes and Terminator Builds, which is why we coined the latter phrase to describe what we are talking about.

An alpha-strike as you describe it is perfectly legitimate:

That’s what these skills should be there for, and I for one would really miss them if they weren’t.

That, however, is a completely different kettle of fish to Terminator Builds like this:
https://www.reddit.com/r/PhoenixPoint/comments/ea0fnk/ok_you_win_maybe_the_balance_is_a_little_off_i/
This is a pretty old video, but I couldn’t be bothered to trawl through hours of this crap for a better example. The principle still remains the same today: it’s fairly easy to construct a Terminator who can do this, fuelled by Rapid Clearance, Adrenalin Rush and the occasional support Rally.

Now Voland is wrong: some people actually like playing a game like this. They’re best epitomised by David2 on this site: Phoenix Point - new Julian Gollop turn-based strategy game - #878 by David2 - Games - Quarter To Three Forums – his posts on Mar 4 and Mar 8 are particularly revealing. But I’d hazard a guess that once he’s found all those combos to exploit, he’s dropping the game and moving on to the next shiny thing.

But I’m guessing that you’re thinking of alpha-strike abilities as a reward, @icemann , and would be as bored by a game full of Terminator Builds as the rest of us.