Clarifications on what we are offering to backers of Phoenix Point

so hey when i ordered this game it was with the Soldier Roster Edition level of pre order which is gone now apparently so what am i getting exactly? the preorder levels are different as well as this drastic change has left me a little lost on what i am getting exactly so im a little lost on the finer details of my preorder.

the prices in the store have gone up and the names have changed. The Soldier Roster Edition is now the Signature Edition.

So you’ll be getting:

Digital edition of Phoenix Point in the form of an Epic key and then one year later a Steam/GoG key
Early Access through Epic
The first year’s DLC for free on both Epic and Steam/GoG
Alien Living Weapons and Chitin Armour Backer only DLC at launch for free
The Compendium (eBook Edition)
Your name added to the soldier roster (form will be emailed just before launch)
Digital Game Manual
Desktop Wallpaper
Digital Art Book
Digital Soundtrack

Hope this helped

1 Like

Well said.

Thank you for some clarification. I understand the complexities of certain business decisions. I do feel that it from the backers perspective would have been a solid to tell us what was in the works rather than the surprise rip off the bandaid style this became. You could sweeten the pot in all honesty a little more to the backers by letting them include a soldier bio along with their soldier name, and some things for the more expensive package backers. Giving us the DLC is great but you have not eluded to what that may be so I think many peoples negative response to “we have dlc you get for free” is a little understandable. I will still support this game but I think this could have been a little more transparent in how it came about.

@Saul_Daggenham, you obvs didn’t read as far as 9 in the list above: :wink:

1. The two stretch goals from the fig campaign - sea bases and underwater missions - will form the basis of the first 2 DLC packs. There will be at least 1 more major DLC pack during the launch year, plus a number of free updates for all players.

Admittedly I may have missed something had a visitor at the door set off the dogs. I did watch the video message in my inbox. Thanks for pulling that down for me.

1 Like

Good to see the clarification. I honestly couldn’t care less the Launcher the game is hosted on and didn’t care at all that you choose to go with the Epic store a smaller store cut is a smaller store cut, your there to make money and if hosting it on Epic for the first year would make you some more money then releasing it on everything else when it was less relevent to get the sales of those who refuse to use Epic, cool no issues. The only issue I ever had with your choice was not that it would be exclusive to Epic for a year but rather that it was a paid exclusivity rather then a “We are choosing to keep it exclusive to make a better profit margin per sale”. When it was announced it was honestly a case of “Oh great, we heading down the track of if you buy the game from x you get X as a bonus and if you buy it from y you get Y as a bonus crappy exclusives that places like Gamestop are notorious for with who can sell games now where if a store wants to sell a game they have to have the highest bid and no one else can sell the game for a year?” No one likes store exclusive content it is a scummy way to make an extra buck by selling content access to a store, and this is no different other then your selling 100% of the content to the store rather then a weapon skin or 3 minute quest.

All in all, I am glad to see that you choose to give both the Epic key and Steam or GoG key both and said you didn’t care if people choose to give away/sell/etc their spare key, (I’m not going to, I’ll keep both but still) But still would have been better if the announcement was “Hey Steam is charging us 30% to sell the game Epic is charging 12% to sell the game, so we are choosing to have it purely on Epic for a while but can choose when we feel it’s right to release on the other platforms rather then when we are allowed to”

Either way looking forward to the next build which hopefully is this week or next week since the last I heard anything it was “March” with no updates on it being delayed for any reason and this is the last week of March.

1 Like

But that is not the case. I would bet my sandwich that if it was only a matter of 30% vs 12%, they would have stayed with Steam+Gog as the sheer extra volume sold on these platforms would more than make up for the difference and they wouldn’t have had to piss of their backers and get a stain on their name.

They admitted that they took Epic’s money to secure their finances for a year. How badly they needed that money is arguable, but the fact is they didn’t do it because epic takes a smaller cut.

Oh I know that. That’s the point, if that had been their motivation their probably wouldn’t have been quite as big of a back lash but because it was a “next level GameStop move” that they accepted that is where it caused such backlash. Yes I know that several stores now do the “store exclusive” pre order bullox, but it was popularized by GameStop which is why I am calling it a “next level GameStop move” because only GameStop previously would have thought to go “hey why not instead of buying a single weapon skin as exclusive let’s buy the entire game as exclusive”. (Yes I know the Oculus Store did it as well for VR games, I know it isn’t the first store to do it, but VR games are more niche and so not as big of a backlash)

Point was the issue wasn’t fully that it was exclusive on Epic but rather the reason it was exclusive. You are arguing the exact same point without realizing it, that was my point.

Just to be sure, I would like to clarify a couple of things:

Im thinking about buying the game since I read the main post of this thread but I got some questions:

1. Buying the Platinum version now makes me a baker? If not the next questions dont have much sense since I dont think Im getting this “bonus” for Bakers.

2. If I buy Platinum version am I getting, early acces on the epic store but Im getting too the steam keys in one year since the release?

3. Meanwhile the first year I just need epic launcher for updates and patches, but I still can play with the game linked to steam?

4. After the first year, the steam key and its version will be an activation key for steam as any other key I used in steam so after that first year I will not need epic launcher anymore right?

Backers were all who payed before Epic announcement. Now when you purchase higher tiers of game you only get what is mentioned in the store. To have a GOG or Steam key you will need to wait and buy game in December 2020. Also you won’t receive DLCs for free (at least not all of them).

It should work like that but I suppose it is not real deal, unless you really need that icon under Steam.

Oh, ok thanks you very much for the answer. Now I wish I would know this before but life is hard :smiley:

I have to wait more than a year but well the game will be pretty out of bugs and totally finish I think is worth.

Finally I want to clarify that Im not blaming Snapshot for making this deal with Epic and I think I understand their line of arguments. But in my case I dont like what Epic is doing and what that company represents so Ill be waiting, reading and looking for more in youtube.

1 Like

From what I have heard there is option to pay for Xbox/Microsoft game pass or something like that to have a game on PC and to avoid Epic Launcher.

And after a year I would wait for some “Phoenix Point Complete Exalted Edition” on GOG or Steam to have a game with all DLCs available after that one year period of exclusivity. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Interesting option Ill take a look to microsoft game pass, maybe it is worth to me if I can get Phoenix Point.

Thanks man.

1 Like

If you want to get the Xbox Game Pass for PC do what I did

1. Top up your entire xbox gold to 3 years. You only need to get Xbox Gold. I basically bought a 12+24 month pass at Costco.
  2. Then pay $1 to upgrade the entire account to Xbox Ultimate

Presto you now have Xbox Ultimate which includes Xbox Games Pass for PC for 3 YEARS

You top up to 3 years because the $1 upgrade only works up to 3 years worth of Xbox Gold. It basically works out to $4/month for Xbox Ultimate. So far I’ve had some fun with it playing Gears and currently Outer Worlds as well.

There is one caveat is that you have to be on Windows 10 version 1903.

I also cannot find a way to private message you. I purchased the Basic Edition through Xsolla long long ago (22 Sep 2017) using the same Email address as I used to create this account. I’ve combed through my deleted mail, etc., looking for something from you guys but haven’t found anything. I’m only discovering now, just before launch that without this refund/re-purchase (and an Epic Games account and another launcher) I won’t be playing tomorrow. As one of your earliest backers, PLEASE help me get this corrected ASAP. Email me with the steps for whatever hoops need be jumped through. I know it’s a busy time; I’ll do my best to be patient.

Please email us at contact@snapshotgames.com

so i just downloaded the newest update that should have contained the blood and titanium update but when starting a new game it shows unavailable but no check box to activate it i bought the baker build that said contained all dlc is it automatically added or should there be a check box like the first dlc?

Hi,

Our records show that your purchase was for the Platinum Edition which does not include the season pass.