Backers Build 3 bugs spotted by Yokes

EDIT: Ok I will start counting from 1 and will add later all the bugs from BB2 which were not fixed yet. (We have a nice list over here)

no. element type issue
1 equipment bug when you take out heavy or technician armour, missile launcher or mech arms are also removed, but heavy or technician encumbrance doesn’t decrease, and later on when you equip again those items their encumbrance increases (and it is saved like that in save file), you need to remember to move missile launcher or mech arms first
2 equipment bug entering inventory of heavy and technician always takes 25% of TU, even if you didn’t change anything there (maybe it is connected with above attachements to the armour which is threated as just moved and attached to the armour)
3 equipment bug magazines in weapons are replenished and all damaged items are repaired for free after the mission, shouldn’t they stay as they were at the end of mission and cost us something in the base?
4 equipment bug items from scavenge go to base instead of air transport
5 equipment bug deployed turrets don’t come back to base
6 equipment bug heavy armour doesn’t limit heavy with the ladders, is that correct?
7 equipment bug when there is no empty slot in base inventory you can’t put there anything - you need to a) exchange item with soldier inventory or b) you need to produce some ammo to create another row of items in base inventory, or c) you need to select other soldier before you can move next items to base inventory
8 equipment bug manufacturing ammo into soldiers backpack doesn’t increase his encumbrance until you move that ammo
9 UI bug UI shows item as deselected after manufacturing but it is still selected
10 UI bug when moving soldiers between aircraft and the phoenix base UI doesn’t update their order (you need to enter another screen and go back to roster screen to see change)
11 UI bug no icon for grenade launcher in base inventory and roster, stun rod on roster is also missing, on mission it is available
12 UI bug medkit ability description says about restoring HP to mechanical devices
13 UI bug when you hover mouse over currently selected item’s property, label of that property goes beyond screen
14 UI bug some enemies are spotted (have icon above soldier actions), but are not shown in the terrain
15 UI bug grenade launcher after selecting during mission shows only 10 shots instead of 12, but shots are counted correctly and after 3 shots it starts to go down
16 UI bug base inventory informs that almost all magazines hold 90 ammo, what is false
17 UI bug base inventory informs that PX Pistol has 6 accuracy, and mission inventory informs about 7 accuracy, so where is the truth?
18 ability bug while shooting enemies soldiers sometimes take step out, and after shot they make step back, but instead of returning to their original place, they step one tile back (sometimes even behind wall)
19 ability bug overwatching with pistol pulls out a sniper rifle and perform shot with it (ammo deducted from sniper rifle) - another strange issue here is leaving assault with medkit in hands, but in aliens turn he pulls out assault rifle and return fire - so it looks like the first item from prepared items has priority during alien turn with overwatch or return fire
20 ability bug killing mindfraggers with overwatch hangs the game (I’m not sure if with all weapons) - I think this is more with camera work and graphics drivers than overwatch itself, because it also happens with return fire (even aliens returning fire) - similar to point 33
21 ability bug Rage Burst ends Heavy’s actions, is that correct? or ability description forget to mention about it? For me it should take 75% of TU, so around 9 of move points. So we should be able to move from behind cover, shot with Rage Burst and hide again behind cover, but that second move is not possible
22 ability bug while climbing the ladder animation for upper body part is wrong in defence missions
23 ability bug using clearence took my assault back to where he used clearence previously (some say it is connected with the lack of ammo)
24 equipment bug mech arms and stun rod can’t attack mindfraggers (stun rod actually can this little one), sentinels, and crabmen hatchery - info tells that there is no target even if technician or other soldier is standing next to them
25 equipment bug mech arms were item with single use per turn and now you can heal or repair after electric strike, but not the other way, what is going on? Should it allow 2 actions in turn or not? Looks like electric strike has some condition to prevent it from using after any other ability (even deploy turret), but healing and technician repair don’t have that condition. If it should be like that then maybe ability description should mention it. And that all those 3 abilities are usable once per turn despite using only 50% of TU.
26 equipment bug after ending turn with soldier who has grenade launcher and above 50% of TU, game keeps returning to that soldier and we still can fire that grenade launcher
27 performance bug you know about base defence missions low performance - but it is not always present, I had 2 missions which ran quite smoothly - i suppose this is related to modular construction of buildings (separate floors flashing and walls becoming transparent… and ranged weapons. With melee enemies I didn’t have a problem, or if there was only one big building there also wasn’t any problem
28 ability bug our own bleeding is not triggering properly - when you loose body parts it doesn’t trigger bleeding or doesn’t have any negative effect (like will points pool reduction, max HP reduction, encumbrance reduction, movement range reduction) except weapon and ammo handling, good example are arms. I had them disabled many times and my soldiers were not bleeding, there was no even blood icon
29 ability bug removing mindfrager should have no cost (0%) in TU?
30 ability bug soldiers jump down 2 or more floors and they don’t hurt themselves (they also can have broken animation during this jump), but falling from a small crate which was destroyed by enemy fire can hurt them
31 equipment bug mech arms and turrets can’t be picked up after technician death
32 equipment bug no actual healing time in soldier roster
33 UI bug camera freeze during enemy return fire or our overwatch, using ability which resets camera view can help here, but during enemy turn it may be not possible
34 ability bug Strike (melee attack with Stun Rod) ends soldier’s (for Heavy for sure) actions even if he have more than 50% TU
35 equipment bug inconsistency in names of items: missile launcher and ammo for it have the same name, PDW is right now NJ-P1 Defense but its ammo is NJ-PDW7 Defender Magazine, NJ Pistol and its ammo also have the same name, all armor parts have the same names, and similar icon (only contours are in different colour)
36 enemy bug Bleeding enemies not bleeding (or at least there is wrong UI representation of damage done) or is that part of calculation - that there is chance that enemy won’t bleed in that turn?
37 UI bug Wrong calculation of move range with some weapons - often after moving to edge of blue move range I couldn’t shoot
38 props bug Objective can be reached through the wall or floor (outside of building in which objective is located or walking on other floor of the building) - easy example is building where objective is on the 1st floor
39 turret bug apply gravity to the turret - currently if you put it on the base wall or on the tower and it’s floor gets destroyed, the turret won’t fall down and will float in the air
40 equipment bug in base inventory you can equip 2-handed weapons into 3 slots for each soldier, where soldier’s inventory during mission doesn’t allow that
41 ability bug make mech arms not only repair main HP pool of turret, but also it’s parts, the same goes for Armadillo, currently is the situation where turret has only 1 part responsible for max HP - if that part is disabled whole turret is lost and it doesn’t matter how much repair you did earlier, and enemies mainly hit that part, omitting turret’s gun itself, it can work in similar way as healing (8 HP to main pool, 1 HP to parts) - maybe set some cap that mech arms can’t repair more than half of HP from main pool and particular part’s pools, so we will need to repair other half in the base, and maybe allow even repairing weapons in the field - but after technician repair they can have some penalties like half of accuracy, half of magazine etc.
42 equipment bug Grenade Launcher seems to have more blast radius than it shows, more like Missile Launcher so 5 tiles radius instead of 3
43 roster bug When you travel with your Manticore from your Phoenix Base (not the haven or orther places) you can change roster during Manticore’s flight, like the Manticore was still stationed in that base
44 ability bug sniper is getting 1 WP after kills instead of 2, intended like that or bug?
45 ability bug Exertion is usable after mindfragger removal - all other abilities are disabled but not this one, should it be like that? (it is not always available, so maybe availability of abilities is random after mind control?)
46 equipment bug Heavy landing near the crate (after using Jet Jump) doesn’t open it
47 armadillo bug turret of vehicle display wrong label when you aim at it (it retains label of any other part previously targeted)
48 armadillo bug wrong calculation of Armadillo main HP? If it is summing up all parts it should have 40
49 ability bug melee attacks should not be so much random with the part they are hitting. For example really stupid situation was then crabman went to back of my Armadillo make a swing with a Pincer and did 0 damage - which means he has hit the front plate of vehicle instead of rear plate
9 Likes

small update :wink:

1 Like

and another :frowning:

1 Like

A very useful, well put together list. Thank you very much, Yokes.

3 Likes

No problem. I suppose that team will have something to work with. Better to spot such issues now than at the time of release of full version. This will be definitely my Game of The Year in 2019, and who knows if not in 2020, if there will be decent paid DLCs.

1 Like

Got a question . not sure if it is bug or not:

• i managed (on purpose in later stages) to get 13 reaction shots from single enemy in 1 turn. No reload, no drop in accuracy, nothing. These were all procced as reaction shots to my fire. Is there any limit of ammunition that a crab man can spam during single turn (it is not very likely to do anything significant in the end, just wondering)?
  • during return fire enemy units shoot the attackers even when they are not in their vision (enemy unit is spotted by squadmate and then shoot over the whole map). Is that a bug or do they simply have some super-human sight?

They have no limit to their ammo unfortunately, they even don’t reload. And their sight is through whole map right now - but this should change. There was also announcement that reaction fire will have some restrictions so won’t be so annoying.

1 Like

launching a firecat granade ends turn as well. I have 40% of AP left, but I cannot make a move

In the new patch, should be this bug fix…

Fixed an issue where units couldn’t move after using the PX Grenade Launcher and the PX-X2 Stun Rod.

Screen done 5 seconds ago.
had a successful kill on crabman 60%AP gone, not a tile to move.

I have not updated the game yet … So I wrote that it should be removed …:wink:

I said before in a post of yours, but you’re making a trully f*cking awesome work with these bug hunts!

new (?) bugs:

• keybinding Y (overwatch) is not working on Tech class guy. the rest is fine, only for techs I have to click the button
  • in lvl 1 base (without a queen), where you have a square base with the HUGE pillar in the middle, soldiers sometimes mess with routes. I want to move him 3 tiles forward, I see that I can do it. I accept the movement, and then he turns back and runs around the main structure (until he spots the first enemy, alone, in the darkness, without action points)
  • sometimes AP calculation is wrong. I select the desired weapon, check for blue range, click on the last possible tile, and when the soldier arrives I see that I miss maybe 5% of AP to perform the action. so, i’m sitting duck, without a chance to shoot, nor overwatch.

So here is a new list. It surely doesn’t include all bugs, as players report some issues which I can’t recreate or just think of them as not quite a bug or a bug but with almost no impact. It is expanded with bugs from Backers Build 2 (3rd column tells it’s origin) to show what was fixed or not really (6th column). I also try to sort it out by category so 2nd column will now include this sorting (first is my recent numertion in which I have added all bugs and ideas to the list. And yes there is also ideas list which is based on current development shown in Backer Builds. I think that these ideas may be quality of life changes. Probably developers have some better plans, but since I don’t know them I put it in here. Well maybe something will be inspirational especially with the Armadillo.

PS. You can copy it to excel and filter non fixed / not done things.

BUGS:

no. sort type element issue fixed?
117 3 bug BB3 geoscape / UI when you have selected haven which is under attack, UI don’t update strength of fighting forces in the description box in lower left corner - only on the ring surrounding haven icon not fixed
137 6 bug BB3 geoscape mistakes in mission description like “Resident Muations” or “Alien Nest destroyed” after destroying Alien Lair. not fixed
69 7 bug BB3 roster when moving soldiers between aircraft and the phoenix base UI doesn’t update their order (you need to enter another screen and go back to roster screen to see change) not fixed
97 8 bug BB3 roster When you travel with your Manticore from your Phoenix Base (not from any other place) you can change roster during Manticore’s flight, like the Manticore was still stationed at that base not fixed
91 9 bug BB3 roster actual healing time in soldier roster is missing fixed
111 10 bug BB3 roster roster tells us that soldier is healing at the moment, but when taken to the mission he is fully recovered fixed
116 12 bug BB3 roster inventory when we enter soldier’s inventory in the base, game is switching to next soldier in different order than they are on Manticore or in base (looks like predefined order set in stone) fixed
60 13 bug BB3 roster inventory when you take out heavy or technician armour, missile launcher or Mech Arms are also removed, but heavy or technician encumbrance doesn’t decrease, and later on when you equip again those items their encumbrance increases (and it is saved like that in save file), you need to remember to move missile launcher or Mech Arms first fixed
95 14 bug BB3 roster inventory in base inventory you can equip 2-handed weapons into 3 ready slots for each soldier, where soldier’s inventory during mission doesn’t allow that, so we have inconsistency here not fixed
130 15 bug BB3 roster inventory class items filter doesn’t work when you leave items in faction haven (and probably in other locations other than PP base) not fixed
131 16 bug BB3 roster inventory you can leave items in ‘base inventory’ on scavenge sites and even alien bases, which I’m not sure it should be possible outside of base storage… but well eventually maybe, why not… I’m not sure this is intentional not fixed
132 17 bug BB3 mission UI multiple copies of all items left in locations different than our base disappear - only one copy remains not fixed
135 18 bug BB3 roster inventory you can manufacture items in Manticore (even when it is flying to other destination) which, I think, should not be possible outside of bases not fixed
136 19 bug BB3 roster inventory everything that you put in what you think is Manticore cargo hold goes to last base inventory of visited haven or scavenge site or even alien base not fixed
66 20 bug BB3 roster inventory when there is no empty slot in base inventory you can’t put there anything - you need to a) swap item with soldier inventory, or b) you need to produce something to create another row of items in base inventory, or c) you need to select other soldier before you can move next items to base inventory fixed
67 21 bug BB3 roster inventory manufacturing ammo into soldiers backpack doesn’t increase his encumbrance until you move that ammo fixed
68 22 bug BB3 roster inventory after manufacturing UI shows items as deselected but they are still selected and can be moved by mistake, so show them as selected or deselect them not fixed
70 24 bug BB3 roster inventory no icon for grenade launcher in base inventory and roster, stun rod on roster is also missing, on mission it is available fixed
75 25 bug BB3 roster inventory base inventory informs that almost all magazines hold 90 ammo, what is false fixed
76 26 bug BB3 roster inventory base inventory informs that PX Pistol has 6 accuracy, and mission inventory informs about 7 accuracy, so where is the truth? fixed
94 27 bug BB3 roster inventory inconsistency in names of items: missile launcher and ammo for it have the same name, PDW is right now NJ-P1 Defense but its ammo is NJ-PDW7 Defender Magazine, NJ Pistol and its ammo also have the same name, so after scavenge mission we don’t always know what we get not fixed
114 28 bug BB3 roster inventory all armour parts have the same names like it was the same item, and similar icon, only contours are in different colour - so icons were changed, but names can still be confusing partially fixed
106 30 bug BB3 roster inventory imprecise items properties (incorrect armour values - for almost all items it is equal to 0, some “location hit?” statistic which do not differ between items and is hard to say what is for, legs armours doubling armour, etc.) not fixed
110 32 bug BB3 roster inventory there is something with item priority and switching between them on the mission (from that probably comes overwatch bug where you could use other weapon than intended) - game don’t remember slots order from top to bottom in ready items, but instead of that remember order in which we put things in there, when you switch to another soldier and go back to old one you can see those items sorted differently, and that order is shown on the right side of the screen during the mission - weapon put first in there (no matter in which slot) is primary, and every overwatch and return fire shot will be from that primary weapon) - so while leaving Assault with medkit in hands or any other weapon like NJ Pistol, PX Pistol or NJ Defender, if first weapon was Assault Rifle in aliens turn he pulls out that Assault Rifle and return fire with it instead of not returning or returning it with other weapon not fixed
63 33 bug BB3 mission loot items from scavenge go to base instead of air transport not fixed
64 34 bug BB3 mission loot / Turret deployed turrets don’t come back to base after successful mission not fixed
125 35 bug BB3 mission loot scavenge loot - there is something strange going on. I did check every box on the map and found 14 different types of items which overall summed up to 22 items, but I didn’t picked up anything. Summary of the mission mentioned only 5 of those item types and sum of them was 16 and they were doubling count of items spotted by me (probably there is limitation to 5 items in mission summary box). But I did check roster inventory in base and it looks like all 14 item types were added but their number was doubled compared to crates so overall I have got 44 items in inventory. What is happening here? Does the map has some hidden crates which are emptied only when we win the map? Or there is some “double bonus for all items left in crates” for successful completion of the map? Everything which was in crates but was taken by my soldiers was not doubled and did not show up even in one copy in base inventory. not fixed
126 36 bug BB3 mission loot I have also left there one my machine gun magazine on the ground. It didn’t come back to base. Isn’t things lying on the ground collected after the mission? This is why turrets don’t come back to base? not fixed
3 37 bug BB2 Turret properties apply gravity to the turret - currently if you put it on the base wall or on the tower and it’s floor gets destroyed, the turret won’t fall down and will float in the air not fixed
5 39 bug BB2 Turret properties Soldiers loose willpower after turret’s death - it is strange, because they don’t loose it when their weapons are destroyed, so why they loose it with destruction of turret? not fixed
6 40 bug BB2 mission inventory / Mech Arms, turret Mech Arms and turrets can’t be picked up after technician death not fixed
1 41 bug BB2 mission inventory heavy (or actually any class) can hold 2(two) two-handed weapons despite information in inventory says something different - try changing with Missile Launcher or Mech Arms fixed
61 42 bug BB3 mission inventory entering inventory of heavy and technician always takes 25% of TU, even if you didn’t change anything there (maybe it is connected with attachments to the armour which is threated as “just attached” to the armour each time we enter inventory) fixed
109 43 bug BB3 mission inventory you can’t see armour attachments in inventory during missions, so you can’t change them or see easily if they were damaged not fixed
9 46 bug BB2 mission inventory you can overcome the limit of 15 items by giving items from one soldiers to another fixed
13 50 bug BB2 / idea BB3 Mech Arms ability / Turret or Armadillo properties Technician Repair ability should repair turret’s main HP and its parts - currently there is situation where turret has only 1 part responsible for max HP (tripod), if tripod is disabled whole turret is lost and it doesn’t matter how much repair you did earlier, and enemies mainly hit that part, omitting turret’s gun itself - Technician Repair can work in similar way as Technician Heal (8 HP to main pool of turret + 1 HP to all its parts) - maybe you can set some cap that Mech Arms can’t repair more than half of HP from main pool and half from particular parts pool, so we will need to repair other half of HP in the base, and the same goes for Armadillo but here maximum HP is divided between many vehicle parts so parts repairing is not so crucial not done
83 51 bug BB3 Mech Arms ability Electric Strike can’t attack sentinels and crabmen spawner - info tells that there is no target when Technician is standing next to them not fixed
84 52 bug BB3 Mech Arms ability Mech Arms were in BB2 item with single use per turn and now you can Heal and Repair in single turn, you can also do that after Electric Strike, but not the other way - should item allow 2 actions per turn or not? Looks like Electric Strike has some condition to prevent it from using after any other ability (even deploy turret), but healing and technician repair don’t have that condition. Are those 3 abilities usable once per turn despite using only 50% of TU? If it should be like this then maybe ability description should mention restrictions. not fixed
88 53 bug BB3 Mech Arms ability removing mindfragger should have no cost (0%) in TU? fixed
15 55 bug BB2 Mech Arms ability Mech Arms can miss during Electric Strike - shouldn’t hit be guaranteed or is it designed to miss sometimes? ?
103 56 bug BB3 all melee attacks ability melee attacks should not be so much random with the part they are hitting. For example really stupid situation was then crabmen went to back of my Armadillo, made a swing with a Pincer and did 0 damage - which means he has hit the front plate of vehicle instead of rear plate looks like fixed?
87 57 bug BB3 soldier / armour properties our own bleeding is not triggering properly - when you loose body parts it doesn’t trigger bleeding or doesn’t have any negative effect (like will points pool reduction, max HP reduction, encumbrance reduction, movement range reduction) except weapon and ammo handling, there even was no blood icon, so probably armour or body part properties are not triggered fixed
65 58 bug BB3 soldier / armour properties heavy armour doesn’t limit heavy with the ladders, is that correct? not fixed
27 59 bug BB2 soldier properties there are some problems with animations for different equipment while not used by native class (Mech Arms or missile launcher in other classes, some weapons in technician class) fixed
129 60 bug BB3 soldier properties Maybe it is intentional but soldiers are loosing willpower after mindfraggers from their heads are removed - shouldn’t they be happy about fact of regaining control? I know that loosing something that was quite close to them can be brutal, but after a while they should see it was better for them. So I suppose that willpower should stay neutral when attached mindfragger dies not done
81 61 bug BB3 soldier properties / movement while climbing the ladder, animation is wrong for upper body part in defence missions - it looks like upper body part remains fixed to face one direction instead of turning with whole soldier not fixed
90 62 bug BB3 soldier properties / movement soldiers can jump down 2 or more floors and they don’t hurt themselves (there can be freeze in animation during this jump also), but when enemy gunfire destroys small crate on which our soldier was standing and they fall down this little distance it will hurt them not fixed
80 63 bug BB3 Rage Burst ability Rage Burst ends Heavy’s actions, is that correct? or ability description forget to mention about it? For me it should take 75% of TU, so around 9 of move points. So we should be able to move from behind cover, shot with Rage Burst and hide again behind cover, but that second move is not possible fixed
77 65 bug BB3 soldier properties / movement while firing at enemy soldiers sometimes take step out, and after shot they make step back, but instead of returning to their original place, they step one tile back (sometimes even behind wall) looks like fixed?
19 68 bug BB2 soldier movement movement range decreases when your soldier/vehicle is moving and spots many enemies or crates not fixed
19 69 bug BB2 movement UI Wrong calculation of TU limit for move range allowing attack with weapon - often after move to edge of blue range you can’t shoot, most often this case is with sniper rifle and machine gun not fixed
26 70 bug BB2 soldier / weapon properties soldier not using his native weapon shoots outside of outer aim circle i.e. Technician with sniper rifle or machine gun - it should be fixed or at least there should be info about such possibility ?
140 71 bug BB3 Reload ability reload missile launcher sometimes don’t use missile from backpack (it reloads, but hard to say from where it takes that missile) - I had heavy with one spare missile in backpack and was able to reload 2 times, and there is probably some Assault Rifle bug which reloads one burst or just one bullet to the rifle instead of full magazine (can’t recreate this) not fixed
78 73 bug BB3 Overwatch ability overwatching with pistol pulls out a sniper rifle and perform shot with it (ammo deducted from sniper rifle) - actually it was about any weapon combination, but in Sniper it was most visible fixed
79 74 bug BB3 Overwatch ability killing mindfraggers with overwatch hangs the game (I’m not sure if with all weapons) - I think this is more with camera work and graphics drivers than overwatch itself, because it also happens with return fire (even aliens returning fire) - similar to point 33 looks like fixed?
92 77 bug BB3 UI / Action Camera camera freeze during enemy return fire or our overwatch, using ability which resets camera view (like Fire) can help here, but during enemy turn it may be not possible fixed
82 78 bug BB3 Rapid Clearance ability using Rapid Clearance took my assault back to where he used that skill previously (some say it is connected with the lack of ammo) looks like fixed?
71 79 bug BB3 Medkit ability UI medkit ability description says about restoring HP to mechanical devices not fixed
124 81 bug BB3 Grenade Launcher properties grenade launcher magazine has only 1 ammo or Reload ability is screwing Grenade Launcher reload not fixed
122 82 bug BB3 Grenade Launcher properties firing with a grenade launcher to the same roof as soldier who is firing, made a hole below the shooter, despite grenade fell far away of the shooting person and many squares of roof between explosion center and shooter didn’t get damaged, is that normal? not fixed
85 83 bug BB3 Grenade Launcher ability game returns to soldier after ending his turn when he has above 50% of TU and grenade launcher is as one of the ready items, fire grenade ability is still available so probably that ability is triggering availability of soldier (you can even have selected other weapon when ending the turn) not fixed
96 84 bug BB3 Grenade Launcher ability Grenade Launcher seems to have more blast radius than it shows, more like Missile Launcher so 5 tiles radius instead of 3 not fixed
112 85 bug BB3 Grenade Launcher ability Launch Grenade ends movement and other actions for that soldier except second shot from Grenade Launcher and inventory not fixed
74 86 bug BB3 Grenade Launcher UI grenade launcher after selecting during mission shows only 10 shots instead of 12, but shots are counted correctly and after 3 shots it starts to go down not fixed
93 87 bug BB3 Stun Rod ability Strike (melee attack with Stun Rod) ends soldier’s (for Heavy for sure) actions even if he has more than 50% TU not fixed
104 88 bug BB3 Stun Rod ability stun rod can’t attack sentinels and crabmen spawner - info tells that there is no target even if soldier is standing next to them not fixed
24 89 bug BB2 PDW properties PDW/Defender is not destructible - it should be like other weapons fixed
98 91 bug BB3 Sniper properties sniper is getting 1 WP after kill instead of 2 no matter what weapon he is using and at what range he is shooting, he also looses 1 instead of 2 when teammate dies, it is intended like that or a bug? not fixed
99 92 bug BB3 Assault ability Exertion is usable after mindfragger removal - all other abilities are disabled but not this one, should it be like that? - it is not always available, so maybe availability of abilities is random after mind control? ?
108 93 bug BB3 Technician ability Rally is not allowed after making any other action, so why it has 50% TU cost? not fixed
28 94 bug BB2 Technician ability Deploying turret should cost TU fixed
29 96 bug BB2 mission props Objective can be reached through the wall or floor (outside of building in which objective is located or walking on other floor of the building) - easy example is building where objective is on the 1st floor and you walk on 2nd, often objective is in the room and you can reach it standing before the doors to that room not fixed
100 97 bug BB3 mission props Heavy landing near the crate (after using Jet Jump) doesn’t open it not fixed
30 98 bug BB2 mission props Crates sometimes still allow picking up items through walls fixed
31 99 bug BB2 mission props Crates sometimes are not accessible even if they should be fixed
32 100 bug BB2 mission props You can enter some objects like car, “batmobile”, concrete walls (pillars on 2 floor of some NJ command/social building in defence mission) not fixed
33 101 bug BB2 mission props / movement Sometimes soldier can’t move in few squares around him, but he can run through them to squares which are more away (movement range is messed) not fixed
34 102 bug BB2 enemy properties Bleeding enemies not bleeding (or at least there is wrong UI representation of damage done) or is that part of calculation - that there is chance that enemy won’t bleed in that turn? ?
35 103 bug BB2 enemy properties Two enemies spawning in the same spot fixed
36 104 bug BB2 enemy properties Enemies spawning in places from where they can’t move or act fixed
37 105 bug BB2 enemy properties Queen and sometimes crabmen freeze and don’t know what to do, she often has it after spawn, and her minions after some fight - they are not under panic or didn’t lost weapon, but they just stand and end their turn (do they use some kind of ability or what?) fixed
38 106 bug BB2 enemy properties / movement enemy pivot messed up - sometimes enemies stand horizontally on the roofs or even on the ground - it may be connected with explosives and destructible surfaces - but may be not not fixed
134 108 bug BB3 enemy properties when you heal soldier who is standing above dead alien, you heal also that dead alien, and then he becomes one of the possible targets which has some hit points, fortunately you don’t resurrect him and he is just lying there like that not fixed
107 109 bug BB3 Mist properties mist doesn’t hide enemy parts during manual aiming not fixed
123 110 bug BB3 Queen properties queen spawns in buildings in haven defence mission which makes her completely harmless not fixed
40 111 bug BB2 queen movement Queen not knowing how to go around pits looks like fixed?
41 112 bug BB2 queen movement Queen not knowing how to move around Armadillo not fixed
105 114 bug BB3 Mindfragger ability mindfraggers jumping from distance of 8 squares - is that normal? not fixed
73 115 bug BB3 enemy properties / UI some enemies are spotted (have icon above soldier actions), but are not shown in the terrain (looks like fixed for crabmen, but crabmen spawner still has this problem) not fixed
72 117 bug BB3 mission UI during the mission on main UI when you hover mouse over currently selected item’s property, label of that property goes beyond screen (i.e. 15% shred probability or others like that) not fixed
45 120 bug BB2 mission UI Aiming at one’s body part highlights two (legs for example) fixed
133 123 bug BB3 mission UI when soldier doesn’t have anything equipped, weapon of previous soldier or vehicle stay in the UI and may be misleading that the unequipped soldier have it not fixed
86 124 bug BB3 mission UI defence missions low performance - but it is not always present, I had 2 missions which ran quite smoothly - I suppose this is related to modular construction of buildings (separate floors flashing and walls becoming transparent… and ranged weapons. With melee enemies I didn’t have a problem, or if there was only one big building there also wasn’t any problem, maybe new calculation of damage prediction is too demanding looks like fixed?
126 126 bug bb3 sound sound of shooting is muted for some reason, mainly in alien base missions not fixed
101 127 bug BB3 Armadillo properties When you aim at vehicle turret combat UI displays wrong label (it retains label of any other part previously targeted) not fixed
102 128 bug BB3 Armadillo properties Wrong calculation of Armadillo main HP? If it is summing up all ‘maximum HP’ from parts, then Armadillo should have 40 not fixed
48 129 bug BB2 Armadillo properties killing enemies with APC don’t give WP to the driver/gunner not fixed
49 130 bug BB2 Armadillo properties ending turn for Armadillo’s passenger don’t end his actions, game keeps returning to him not fixed
50 131 bug BB2 Armadillo properties Soldiers get crash or stuck when entering Armadillo without anything in the ready items - then if APC moves they die fixed
52 133 bug BB2 Armadillo movement / Ram ability Armadillo stops during the move while spotting enemy (this is normal), but then you can activate Ram ability (so with less than 100% TU) - it is not always true, but I haven’t figured out what is exact condition for this (the easiest way to reproduce it is in alien nest when armadillo spot eggs - i know that vehicle won’t be allowed to enter there but it happen on the other types of map as well) not fixed
53 134 bug BB2 Armadillo Ram ability Armadillo after ramming often get stuck in the building or near the edge of level ?
56 137 bug BB2 Armadillo ability Entering Armadillo takes from 0 to 100% of TU (depletes rest of available TU). It says it require 100% of TUs, but you can use it having like 1% of soldiers TU which can be misleading. Actually look below to my idea of driver function. not fixed

IDEAS:

113 1 idea BB3 geoscape / Manticore when ‘shift’ planning move (setting waypoints) for Manticore, can you please add confirmation button before executing that move? (when we start to set it we can’t cancel it until Manticore starts to move - with low time lapse speed it is not a problem but with the fastest setting Manticore can use too much fuel) not done
115 2 idea BB3 geoscape / UI when pointing at any destination or setting waypoint route give us estimated time to that destination (time of travel, not the time of arrival) not done
118 4 idea BB3 geoscape / UI show us range of the radar stations not done
138 5 idea BB3 geoscape / UI show us alien bases range of operation with some layer - without clicking each individual base and some different layers not done
119 11 idea BB3 roster expand Armadillo inventory (to hold more than 6 items) and allow us to access it in the base like with inventory of soldiers (can be handy during scavenge missions and to help with transporting things between bases) not done
121 23 idea BB3 roster /mission inventory / weapon properties weapon weight without magazine is the same as with the magazine (actually I have just realized that when you produce weapon it has ammo inside), but I wonder if it will decrease if we will unload magazine in later builds (will it be possible to have weapon without magazine inside? or you will be allowed only to reload with different type of ammo - so there will be always some magazine inside of weapon) not done
2 29 idea BB2 roster / mission inventory UI armour elements should have some weight? all soldiers can carry the same amount of things, but such heavy or technician definitely have heavier armour not done
62 31 idea BB3 roster inventory magazines in weapons are replenished and all damaged items are repaired for free after the mission, shouldn’t they stay as they were at the end of mission and cost us something in the base? I know in the final game it will probably look differently but maybe another icon next to ‘Ammo Manufacture’ can show up and offer ‘Repair Item’ for some small amount of materials not done
4 38 idea BB2 Turret properties Add reload ability and inventory management to turret and allow us to see it’s weapon statistics not done
7 44 idea BB2 mission inventory Please make some difference in inventory for moving bigger objects or moving many objects - now picking up Machine Gun, Missile Launcher, 2 magazines, medkit and grenade cost the same amount of TU as picking up magazine for pistol - also switching all gear from ready items to those in backpack cost the same as reloading a weapon - it is strange. The same idea could be applied to dropping items - ok, you can drop prepared items to ground for 0% of TUs, but dropping all prepared items and emptying your whole backpack should take some time not done
8 45 idea BB2 mission inventory Magazines disappearing during reload, we should retain them announced
10 47 idea BB2 mission inventory allow trade between soldiers not just giving from one to the other - in situation where you want to exchange weapons between two soldiers you need to open inventory of 1st soldier, give weapon to the other using 25% of TU. Next you need open inventory of 2nd soldier and equip given weapon, then give his weapon to the other soldier using 25% of TU. And next you need again to open inventory of 1st soldier to equip 2nd soldier’s weapon using another 25% of TU. It would be great to omit that 2nd and 3 opening of inventory and 3rd use of TU and just make everything on one screen using both soldiers TU once. not done
11 48 idea BB2 / bug BB3 mission inventory / weapon properties items disappear after their HP pool is down, (only Machine Gun was left in inventory as not usable in early version of BB3, but it also has changed) so all items vanish instead of returning back to base for repair (except Missile Launcher and Mech Arm which will disappear when their HP is down, but after the mission they reappear as fully functional and reloaded) - but strangely I also had situation in ver 0.3.32990 where I have retained Sniper Rifle and Assault Rifle after enemy grenades reducing them to 0 HP not fixed
12 49 idea BB2 Mech Arms ability / weapon properties allow repairing weapons in the field, but there can be drawback - after Technician Repair weapon can have penalties like half of accuracy, half of magazine etc. not done
14 54 idea BB2 and BB3 Mech Arms ability Make Mech Arms stun attack less effective vs Queen and other bigger creatures, the same goes for Stun Rod - now you can smash her and she becomes stunned announced
89 64 idea BB3 soldier properties / movement set order in which soldiers are selected and move during mission according to order in the dropship - right now it looks random and I need to switch manually between soldier and search the proper one which has weapon that I want to use. I would like to set their order to not do that. not done
16 66 idea BB2 soldier properties / movement Move - let us decide which side our soldier or vehicle is facing after move - it would allow us to protect soldier weapon, maybe set overwatch in particular direction, set Armadillo with more armoured side to the enemy, deploy defence in some way like crabs with their shields (but don’t limit it to the shield) not done
17 67 idea BB2 soldier movement / ability let us decide if soldier is making “step out move” during aiming, now it sometimes works and sometimes doesn’t, definitely not when you use free aiming without enemy, and while in zoom mode we could use ‘W’, ‘S’, ‘A’ and ‘D’ keys to take that step in one of directions not done
20 72 idea BB2 Overwatch ability let us exclude enemy from overwatch, return fire actions - right click on enemy icon should exclude that enemy for currently selected soldier, second right click should exclude for all soldiers, third will unexclude - this would be handy if we know that enemy is bleeding and all his possible attacks were disabled, or when we know there will be some heavily armoured enemy in our cone of overwatch/return fire and we don’t want to waste bullets on him, of course limit this to already spotted enemies, those which will surprise us should not be under this rule as something still unknown for our soldiers not done
21 75 idea BB2 Overwatch / Return Fire ability Overwatch and Return Fire - let us limit area in which they are working announced
22 76 idea BB2 Return Fire ability limit return fire to one shot (or two shots if used with some light weapon) per unit (enemy and ours) for each enemy turn, because of two things: 1) it is unrealistic to have a limit of two shots in your turn and unlimited number of shots in enemy turn and 2) each enemy spamming return fire while your sniper or technician try to utilize more than 2 shots is just overwhelming - I know that range od sight and setting cone of fire will limit this, but still enemy crabmen “tank” standing close to your soldiers should not return fire after each shot of your sniper, heavy, 2 shots of assault and 4 shots of technician - if there will be ammo limit for enemies then it will also limit the issue, but still with full magazine it would be too deadly for the ability working in enemy turn - of course such limit would decrease flexibility of our Assaults, but with exclusion of enemies, described somewhere in this table near Overwatch ability, we would be able to utilize return fire at enemy which we want to and when we want to (at least in most cases) not done
23 80 idea BB2 soldier abilities Some abilities end turn for a soldier and some not - can you change it, so none of abilities will end the turn unless we will click “end turn” for each soldier? If you don’t want players to use any ability after some Full-Turn abilities, then maybe set some variable to block all abilities after that Full-Turn ability, but please don’t end the turn for soldier, as players sometimes might want to check inventory, take a glance at new soldier’s surrounding etc. not done
25 90 idea BB2 Missile Launcher properties Missile Launcher - don’t you think that it should fire in more straight line, not arc line like with mortar?, if you want to limit effective range, make arc line drop after some range (so let say that rocket fly 20 squares in straight line, and then it start to drop like current trajectory not done
139 95 idea BB3 Technician ability technician heal should not be limited to situation where soldier need to have less than max HP not done
39 107 idea BB2 enemy properties enemies spawning at the edge of the map - please at least force them to not use offensive abilities if the first turn when they appear done
42 113 idea BB2 queen abilities Change Queen damage after one of her pincers is destroyed - now it doesn’t affect her except small bleed and loosing few HP from main pool done
43 116 idea BB2 mission UI Manual aim in close combat is not user friendly - maybe increase field of view, or change camera angle? announced
120 118 idea BB3 roster / mission inventory UI It would be great to see item properties like armour shredding, armour penetration, return fire, stun etc. in the inventory while you select item not done
44 119 idea BB2 mission UI Change UI to have counters (HP, ammo, TU) announced
46 121 idea BB2 mission UI show damage done to the equipment during enemy fire - right now we only see damage done to the soldier and his armour, but we don’t see if weapon in their hand or stuff like Mech Arms or missile launcher on their back got damaged until it is destroyed or until we check it in inventory by hovering mouse over the item done
47 122 idea BB2 mission UI show us current status of soldier or vehicle different than small posture changing colours when part is damaged (we need actual HP and armour of each body part and equipment), it can be in place of big portrait or it can show above it after hovering mouse there - it is even more needed now in BB3 where you have removed UI information about armour being shred announced
128 125 idea BB3 mission UI when someone get hit there is this pop up text above his head - i think that you need to increase duration of that indicator of status lasting (because sometimes it disappear before action camera let us move the view as we want it or there is just too much text to read in case of explosives being used on couple of aliens / soldiers) and simplify that text to max 4 rows: 1) damage done and armour shredded (because you have removed that information in BB3) 2) bleeding and parts disabled (and more like “3 Bleeding / Broken: left arm, right arm, head” instead of separate lines for bleeding and another with “Broken Part: Arm, Broken Part: Arm, Broken Part: Head”) 3) equipment damaged or disabled (more like “Disabled: Machine Gun / Damaged: 4 Grenade, 3 Machine Gun” or “Disabled: Fury Launcher / Damaged: 4 Deceptor” instead of separate rows for “Disabled: NJ Fury-2 Missile”, “4 Equipment Damaged: NJ-MG Deceptor”) 4) special effects like -2 Willpower Lost, Panic, Mind Control, Stun, Frenzied not done
51 132 idea BB2 Armadillo / props / queen properties Armadillo is not taking any damage while ramming heavy objects - please add some property which will compare hardness/density of environment elements vs vehicles vs alien bosses, and calculate more damage to those things with less hardness and less damage to those more durable during collision not done
54 135 idea BB2 Armadillo Ram ability Change ram ability - 1) First of all create an indicator showing what Armadillo will destroy during ram attack, and show where is maximum range of it (or just leave those 20 squares of movement area to be seen when you select Ram ability) 2) It would be great if you would allow us to set lower distance for ram like 10 squares 3) Also change ability to require some minimum distance (maybe 7 squares?), so sometimes ramming would not be possible if there is not enough space between vehicle and some big building or wall 4) trigger it’s full potential after vehicle will make this minimum distance - before that Armadillo can make less damage (see some other point below in this table) - currently it looks stupid to kill enemy after moving 2 or 3 tiles or attack the queen legs with full power of ram ability standing right next to her not done
55 136 idea BB2 Armadillo properties Armadillo should be able to run pass (and stop at?) smaller enemies or soldiers even without ramming, maybe not killing them but definitely making some damage (if vehicle will stop on alien/soldier then this alien or soldiers can be moved away or immobilized under the vehicle and take damage per turn) not done

BELOW IS HUGE PART OF MY IDEA HOW TO CHANGE HANDLING OF ARMADILLO:

58 138 idea BB2 Armadillo properties Create function of vehicle driver which may use separate ability like ‘Become Driver’ (50% TU) instead of ‘Enter Vehicle’ (25% TU) and allow for switching Armadillo’s driver (maybe 25% of each of switching soldiers TU), and connect driver’s TU pool with vehicle TU pool during that switch (look below). not done
57 139 idea BB2 Armadillo properties When game switches to next soldier please make the driver of Armadillo inactive - if we would like him to do something different than driving (using vehicle) then we would select him manually from the list on the left of the screen (you can change driver’s icon on this list to be dark blue instead of white) not done
59 140 idea BB2 Armadillo properties Combine Armadillo TU with soldiers inside, reason for that is because everyone inside of APC is loosing time simultaneously when vehicle is moving, and differentiate it for driver and passengers: 1) combine APC overall TU points with driver overall TU points because he is actively using vehicle and all his actions are tied to all vehicle actions - so if shot from turret takes 50% of TU then both APC and driver should use 50% of TU, if Ram takes 100% of APC TU, then driver should also loose 100% of TU, if APC moves for 40% of TU, then driver looses 40% of TU. 2) combine APC movement TU (and only those for movement - Ram movement applies to that) with all other soldiers inside of APC (passengers), they should not be allowed to be transported and then use 100% of their TU like the time during transport was frozen for them - so let say that vehicle moved for 40% of TU and then fired for 50% of TU (so Armadillo and the driver are at 10% of TU left), soldiers then use 25% of TU to exit vehicle and are left with 45% of TU, enough to fire with light weapons and take cover behind vehicle or take cover in close vicinity. 3) when soldier is entering vehicle allow APC to move only for remaining fraction of TU - APC move range is of 20 squares, if soldier has 80% of TU and enters it to drive it (which should take 50% of TU) he is left with 30% of TU, so then it should move only 30%*20 = 6 squares in straight line in this turn. If there are also other soldiers entering APC then limit Armadillo move range to the % of TU of soldier with the lowest number of TU, because time for him should not stretch, and all other soldiers will just waste time waiting for him. This system should prevent exploiting excessive number of TU when switching between soldiers and vehicle. not done

@gamingmechanoid Some light reading for you.

Oh, yes, I said before, but never wrong to do it again: f*ckin awesome work of yours!! If I were in charge, I’d put a small easter egg referecing your work in the game. Something like a haven’s name. “YokesVille. Bug hunting is our game!”

1 Like

LOL :slight_smile: I’m not sure if it wouldn’t be too much. :wink:

BTW. Did you noticed that sometimes equipment takes more damage than possible? Enemy grenade I think make 5 damage. With weapon armour at 2 all weapons should take 3 damage (or 4 after 1 point of armour is shred). But many times enemy grenade took all 5 HP from my sniper’s sniper rifle. My grenade launcher also many times made 7 damage to enemy machine gun or grenade despite it should make 4 to 5 to machine gun or 5 or 6 to grenade. Or am I wrong?

1 Like