We have just released the bugfix patch for Backer Build 3. Windows users can download version 0.3.32564 via the launcher.
Backer Build 3 Changes and Fixes
- Improved the AI’s decision-making and overall speed.
- Fixed an issue where units couldn’t move after using the PX Grenade Launcher and the PX-X2 Stun Rod.
- Fixed an issue where you could duplicate armor attachments.
- Fixed an issue where the game’s performance would drop significantly after an allied unit gets panicked.
- Fixed an issue where the Gamepad option would be turned ON by default.
- Fixed an issue where the units’ models would contort during some animations. (e.g. climbing)
- Fixed an issue where healing body parts with the Technician Heal did not return their positive traits. (e.g. legs providing more movement AP)
- Fixed an issue where rockets couldn’t be reloaded with the “R” keybind.
- Remove Mindfragger ability now has an Action Point cost.
- Will Point objectives now only give 3 WPs, not 5.
- Mist will now cause 2 Will Point loss for soldiers inside it.
- Medkit is more vulnerable to damage.
- Rage Burst now uses up 75% APs for weapon only, you can move afterwards.
- Fixed an issue where the player’s squad could join a Haven defense that had no enemies.
- Fixed an issue where the game still registered the mouse’s inputs even when it was released. (e.g. Rotating the Geoscape globe with the Left Mouse button)
- Fixed an issue where armor attachments’ weight remained on the unit’s total encumbrance even when the attachment was removed.
- Fixed an issue where some names in the Soldier Equip screen weren’t capitalized.
- Added name change function for all units inside of the Soldier Equip screen.
- Added a loading screen.
- Improved tooltips inside of the Soldier Equip Screen.
- Resource bar inside the Geoscape shows the daily income from the Phoenix Bases.
- Reduced reinforcement weighting in Haven Defense Missions.
- Made several improvements to the Soldier Equip screen.
- Fixed an issue where the game would hang while loading missions from the Geoscape if the player had removed/changed the Heavy or Technician’s armor.
- Fixed an issue where an Overwatch shot killing a Mind Fragger resulted in the game hanging.
- Fixed an issue where enemy return fire destroying a turret caused the game to hang.
- Fixed a hang caused by using the Technician’s Electric Strike ability.
- Fixed an issue where the game would get stuck during Alien Activity.
- Fixed an issue where the camera was stuck focusing on a character after an enemy destroyed their weapon with Return Fire.
- Fixed an issue where units affected by Mind Control could open crates and the game would hang.
- Fixed an issue where the PX Grenade Launcher’s icon appeared as a white square.
- Fixed an issue where the resource icons on the Geoscape wherein a different order than the resource icons in ability description boxes.
- Fixed some minor visual issues inside the Soldier Equip screen.
- Fixed an issue where highlighting allied units in free aim caused their Health bars to flash at all times.
- Fixed various issues with text and number resizing.
- Fixed an issue where ammo, WP, and AP did not update when a unit can shoot more than once. (e.g. shooting at a target once, returning in the shooting mode and having maximum ammo and AP)
- Fixed an issue where the aircraft could reach sites without any fuel left.
- Added icons for individual armor pieces.
- Added icons for the Terror Sentinel’s attack.
- Fixed an issue where objective markers in scavenging sites could be generated in an area the units couldn’t reach.
- Fixed an issue where units didn’t have collision with certain objects in the environment. (e.g. closets)
- Fixed an issue where ladders disappeared on certain maps when a unit was near them.
- Fixed an issue where enemies could spawn in boxed areas of the map and couldn’t move from their initial position.
- Fixed an issue where units couldn’t move through destroyed environmental props.
Alien nest/lair missions have more reinforcements, lairs have less eggs.
- Crabman mutations that appeared in Alien Bases will also appear in the Alien Lairs those bases evolve into.