Would the game balance better without dual classing?

I don’t use more than one Dash per turn. My troopers have 10-12 WP and very high Speed allowing for high mobility (especially with Frenzy). I use bash a lot and sometimes even use the hammer. Most of my troopers carry 2 main weapons: shotgun + AR or sniper rifle + cannon/pistol/crossbow.

I guess it is good that different tactical approaches are posssible in PP. It means the game mechanics has enough depth and variety.

It is a matter of personal preferences))
If I find that some abilities or tactics are not fun for me to use then I decide that they are broken and try not to use them. Because in the end my goal when playing the game is to have as much fun as possible =)

Why? What sense does this make?

I can play old X-Com with just melee characters, it doesn’t mean that game provides enough depth and variety, it just means that game is easy and you can play it like that, because you will have to cheese a lot and you can cheese. Try doing crap like this in Divinity Original Sin, you can make different funny builds and OP teams but that requires good understanding of the game mechanics which you acquire from hundred of hours of playing and studying it.

And how do you know that you are having as much fun as possible? :smiley:
Do you have like a comparative test? How many Dash per turn make you bored of PP?

I mostly find that one Dash per turn is enough for me. XCOM assault class had a similar ability. Let’s just say that watching a video exploiting Rapid Clearance + Dash neverending cycle breaks immersion for me))

I would be glad to answer but the question has to be more specific =)

It super fun to talk about gamedesign with people who intentionally avoid the design of the game because game allows them to do so :smiley:

We could have discussion like that about something like Factorio, which is basically a sandbox, or some roguelikes like Dwarf Fortress or Cataclysm DDA as no-one in their mind, even devs, actually know what is “the best” or “the most” enjoyable way to play it. These games have enough depth and polish to be out of reach of simple meta-game models and you won’t find a definite guide on how to “break” the game. The same can be said about class builds in LW2 as devs took very seriously the problem with “the most optimal build” in the base game. But even base game required some fineness of executing those builds.

I seriously hope the upcoming patches are going to bring PP there as well))
Not every game is a shining diamond right after release, especially if it has some complexity in it.

Yeah, too many dashes can lead to an OD :wink:

PP needs more than just some patches if half of the forums is proposals on how to re-design most of the game. There are serious fundamental problems where one mechanic of the game is made obsolete by another, like average mobility and distances at which fights are happening make cover and ballistics just not really relevant. You don’t fix this by patch, as these changes where progressively done by devs, little by little since early builds of the game. This is a type of change that has a rippling effect through multiple systems in the game. Even if you fix that, you still have to deal with everything else. Like if you remove abilities and make enemies less tough, you will see how game becomes boring because AI is brain dead. It’s en endless discussion. I might have wasted too much time on both playing and talking about it.

1 Like

It could be a thread in its own right - I’ll openly admit that every time I play a new driving game, the first thing I’ll do is turn the car around and try to drive the track in the wrong direction so I can get as big a crash as possible.

If it’s multiplayer then it’s even better :wink:

1 Like

It’s when you get so excited that a little bit of wee comes out :wink:

2 Likes

Lol, some are in rage, it won’t change I have a lot of fun with the game, but yeah many bugs and tuning.

It’s not about rage, it’s just not worth playing in its current state. I’m glad you have fun playing a broken game, hopefully Snapshot read everyone else’s feedback.

it was bad at the moment they choose to “class” troops. Why? No classes = higher vatiety, better balance.
But talking about multiclass - it’s a good thing when single class provide literaly no choices. Just abilities are broken. Few are fine. And others are useless.

Good point a big argument for classes is they allow a much better diversity of skills, because of balances tuning.

For sure the multi class, only two class system is more free.

What ability is broken?

That’s good point, now that you fake that me alone have fun with the game is a dishonest manipulation attempt.

There’s very few people posting here, newcomers are often relative to learning curve problems, bugs, difficulty problems, not about changing everything in the game. The meta critic at 60+ it’s a rate not a vote up/down, is a huge achievement for a game with that many bugs and UI troubles. I don’t see the clue of a game not fun to play.

As I say, I’m sure that Snapshot will be able to see for themselves and draw their own conclusions.

No, you clearly don’t.

Shapshots opinions aren’t my opinions, it’s their game, their job, their life. I’ll stick to my opinions, like that I saw some other dev degrade their game design to fit requests of less than 10 very vocals players. It’s their responsibility to do such decision, this won’t change I have my own opinion on that.

1 Like

Personally, I don’t want multi-class to be removed or restricted. It is often the only way to get around the problem of not getting the class you need from your recruits. However, some skill/perks combos are too powerful, some should be mutually exclusive, some should only apply to certain types of weapons. There are just too many bonuses that can be stacked in the game…

1 Like