When is the next DLC coming and what's the name

So, I know it’s sci-fi… just talking…

OK, then lets see what they serve to us. And if the lore isn’t plausible then we come back again :smiley:

1 Like

They are from the ages before the Great Flood, so they are powered by something mythical. Just like EMP won’t work against steampunk engines.

1 Like

Just give me a fallout style gattling cannon! with a good acc and much more bullet. Miniguns need more love!

1 Like

Looks very pretty. SQUEEEEEEEEEE!

Would be fun for sure, but would also unbalance game heavily.

PEACE, BROTHERHOOD, UNITY!
HAIL NOD!

1 Like

Yeah, no kidding, I found and recruited Joseph “Kane” Kucan as a New Jericho Sniper in my previous playthrough. A little ironic considering that New Jericho seems to be the closest comparison to GDI in this game. Someone put his name into the character generator name pool, but it wasn’t me :face_with_raised_eyebrow:.

Thanks etermes and Yokes, for finding out about EMP grenades not effecting the new enemies. I should wait until Legacy of the Ancients comes out to learn what the new enemies are like.

Depending on how challenging the new enemies are to fight in the DLC, I might make a tactics guide forum post about them in the future, for players that may be having trouble with them.
For me, figuring out what works and what doesn’t work against the new enemies will be plenty of fun in itself. Bring on the Clarke’s Third Law magic-tech golems, hateable uber-Chirons and those new bling Sirens shown on the Phoenix Point Twitter/Facebook pages :fearful:.

1 Like

I honestly don’t think a better heavy masginegun will break the game as they are very bad as it is. Slow, low damage, low bullet per shot, bad acc… I just can’t find any role for them when we got shotguns, good assault rifles and cannon/grenade launchers.

If Festering Skies DLC doesn’t give us access to an Ion Cannon super weapon, I’ll be very disappointed. Forget about a special poison to bring down Behemoths, an orbiting satellite is what we deserve :smiley:

1 Like

high damage, super accurate, multi bullet, large magazine weapon would not break the balance? It already sounds like Sniper Rifle with multiple Rage Bursts in one go (without any skills in play).

The Deceptor was slightly nerfed in Cthulhu because it was too good, but it’s a very good weapon if you know how to use it.

A single burst is capable of doing 420 damage for 3 AP, giving it one of the best unkitted damage per AP ratios in the game (140 per single AP). On top of that it does very good shred damage (2 * 12). It’s devastating against large and very large targets, especially in Rage Burst mode.

I like to compare weapons in PP to those in Dark Souls… (almost) every single one can be used from beginning to end very effectively, but you have to learn how.

2 Likes

In the Rage Burst Thread I posted one example what you can do with the Deceptor:

None of the other weapons you mentioned above is able to do something like this. Yes, you need a bit of luck like me in this Lair, but trust me, this is by far not the only situation where I learn the Pandas to fear the Deceptor :sunglasses:

Best result was a RB on a Scylla with over 2500 damage, for sure with sneak attack (max possible with sneak attack, strong man and reckless would be 60 x 87 = 5.220).

I don’t want to make this topic as same as the other one I open already about heavy class. Just even you said is true, you just tell here that it’s useless against little targets. Not useless i mean, but it’s worst then having normal assault.

I don’t say make it perfect sniper rifle… just to make it useful at a faster action.

1 Like

If you could use it for 2 AP it would be borderline OP, really.

1 Like

Are there going to be any low/mid level enemies between anthron/triton and siren like the game desperately needs?

At the moment, there is (still going on) a balancing of already existing monsters + those coming from DLC2.

1 Like

ok change of plans, looks like EMP will affect them but not exactly the same

1 Like