What is the current DLC roadmap?

He is no longer :wink:

Oh I suppose no longer (officially) working with/at Snapshot ? He sure has to finish his play through, though !

yep. I’m not sure about playthough.

What will be the Benefits in going on a newer unity Version? More visual effects? Smoother game play on old Hardware? I just want to underrstand the reasons :slight_smile: (no critic)

1 Like

I have heard that Unity had single-thread processing, so maybe multi-threading was added. That would allow for many changes in terms of turn processing and quicken actions of each unit. That I suppose would also allow for better performance, but I’m not sure how it would impact older hardware configurations.

EDIT: That was just my speculation.

1 Like

Vulkan? Linux? :smirk:

1 Like

It could just be tweaks under the hood to unify console and PC.

Not sure if it’s tied to the already mentioned artist information but EPIC also originally gave solid release dates on each of the DLC with the same dates when the game first released on EGS. I seem to recall a few press sites grabbed that information and reported it as solid information in articles discussing the games release and expansion plans.

On that account though I am not sure Snapshot can be held at fault in terms of what a distribution store decides to publish though.

Not quite. Art for the DLC had dates on them. I am pretty sure that’s on Snapshot. Those were promptly removed.

With every mistake, Snapshot hides details more and more, :balance_scale: and fans have long been tired of waiting …
And this exception is not a rule:

1 Like

Better they take all the time they need, than rush it.

1 Like

I do not see a way for a calm expectation, and so have been going on for too long.
In fact, from December, I continue on the denial of what is happening …

1 Like

New patch is just out btw

Why give them time? What would calmly complete the game about super-duper-click-skills?
OK. Then let them officially announce this and, as an alternative, give Other players a Mods Workshop. And if there are no people who want to make mods for My game, it will not be the responsibility of the Devs.

But we, for a long time, could work together Devs + Modders + Community …

Because they are already revising Terminator issue. Maybe that’s why it’s worth waiting for a judgment? I personally think that there will still be super skills, but it is a chance that I will finally get a great gaming experience with PP without having to forego several features or having to follow my own rules for a challenge. Challenge level should be adjusted based on the level of difficulty and it is already implemented or will even be improved in the next update.

2 Likes

If the whole problem is for you in several functions and to fix a couple of rules for a challenge, then Yes, you should wait.
I am not sure that you will be satisfied with this.

My main problem are the supersoldiers, with whom I simply cannot enjoy the other content. For example, I have absolutely no motivation to continue from mid-game. It’s so damn uncomfortable with your hands behind your back. The worst thing is that I have to pretend that I enjoy being tied up. :wink:
Well: That says “someone” who comes from Firaxis and has not even played the original XCOM.

3 Likes

You think it’s devs achievement to find out after half year from release that some basic mechanic didn’t work fine?

I’m quite amused by this comment you made. What are you going to do then - not play the game then? If I recall correctly Snapshot Games are the developers and can take as long as they like, especially since they are the professionals here! You are putting forward a very conceited opinion of yourself.

1 Like

I’m very doubt about it.