Too much speed makes defense difficult

Let’s say you have 25 speed and 12 will (3 dash), you use Anu assault/berserker torso armor (+2) and agile legs (+5) and you have the “quaterback” perk that gives +2 speed (forgot the name).
You add “Frenzy” to the mix (+50%)
That makes a total of (25 + 2 + 5 + 2) * 1.5 = 51 speed (51 tiles)
Dash will be 25 tiles (51 * 2 / 4)
So you can theoretically move 51 + 25 * 3 = 126 tiles (you think it’s a lot ? wait … I was conservative using only 12WP)

Using the common skill points pool:
Add a dash with 16 will: 151 tiles
Add an other dash with 20 will: 176 tiles
An other dash with 24 will: 201 tiles

Other assaults using “rally troops”, add 12 (guess it is rounded down), do it by pair it’s 25 (no rounding).

So while your rookie can move (at best with same armor, mutation and frenzy & perk if present at level 1) 34 tiles, you could theoretically reach 201 tiles with your skill point dump soldier.

Do you know that assaults from other factions use dash too ? As Trinity puts it … “Dodge this”

Real test just now on a lair. I have an infiltrator with 23 speed (20 -2 thief +5 agile legs). With Frenzy it is 35. With 3 dash and all movement, I went from the back-row (worst starting position) to standing next to the spawnery. 2 assaults giving rally and I was able to shoot the egg. Still need a second turn to finish it but no Panda in sight. So imagine if I had 34 speed instead of 23.