Tips and things you wished you had known

I do that. As soon as I unlock all their techs, I kill them all.

1 Like

Oh come on :smiley: Read the story better :smiley: Synedrion are communists who actually have classes and people who suffer under their rule and Anu? Donā€™t even make me start with these religious alien worshipping fanatics! :smiley: Only NJ have people supporting them and their cause :smiley: Their zero tolerance policy goes outside the humanity, where Synedrion and Anus are actually against certain groups of actual people :smiley_cat: Also from what we know from the Research, the Synedrion and Anu are actually wrong :smiley:

Anu are a transhumanist cult, not alien worshippers. Theyā€™re fine with killing the Pandorans. Plus, the mutations are fun.

1 Like

There is a loading screen hint that you can slow down the doom tracker by defending havens from attacks, and even reduce it by clearing pandoran bases.

Iā€™m totally sold on the mist thing. It reminds me of Stephan Kings ā€˜The Mistā€™ They came out of the mist and no one was spared.

1 Like

Oh I love the mist. I also love how the disciples of Anu chime in and tell you not to repel the most too far, because they wanna get jiggy with it.

Itā€™s a much better doomsday clock than Firaxisā€™ avatar project.

Much, much better plus a lot more spooky and unsettling. You could say it was terror from the deep. :slight_smile:

It could use some graphical improvements on the geoscape though. Right now itā€™s just a bunch of tiny red pixels expanding further lol. Not so unsettling or intimidating.

Dun get me started on the mutations hahaha snapshot should have been much more creative with the mutations rather than using it as armor reskins. Also, since its part of your body, why is there even a weight to it? All mutations should be 0 carry cost, that will not only make more sense, it will also give mutations more of an edge.

1 Like

I dunno man. If I suddenly mutated and my back grew all huge and plated, I feel like that would be kinda heavy for me. Lol

1 Like

hahahhaa ok, that makes sense

1 Like

I havenā€™t really paid attention, but do mutated body parts come with armor rating?

Yes. Its just armor reskin.

All the mutations come with an armor rating. The ones for the snipers and infiltrators which is the:

Perceptor Head - 15 Armor. +14 Perception. +5% stealth and +20% accuracy is pretty good.

For heavies there is 2 good ones:

Regeneration Torso - 34 Armor. -2 Speed. -10 Stealth. -10% accuracy. Armor being the best bit about it, and that it grants HP regen and body part health regen per turn.

Stomper Legs - 30 Armor. -2 speed. -10% Stealth and +20% accuracy. Grants stomp attack and gives a +2 strength bonus.

The effectiveness of the Heavy specific mutations is mixed, as sure you get good stat bonuses, but then you move less and canā€™t use jetpacks, which on the Pandoran Lairā€™s is essential to have (if you want to get them done quickly).

So for me, the ones for the heavies isnā€™t of use, but the perceptor head one definitely is useful. The ones for the priests (various head mutations) is a must have also.

Agree on the Mutations needing to be more creative, useful and varied.

They gotta save something for future DLC.
I like the heavy mutations on heavy assault shotgun troopers. The regeneration is great.

Iā€™m having trouble exploring what with the heavens getting attacked and ambushes. Every time I get far enough out to explore a heaven on the other side of the map is on the phone calling for help. How do you guys cope with the constant interruptions?

It took me ages, but I over time put together defense squads to protect the Havens nearby my bases. That helps keep the percentage meter down, though Iā€™m starting to wonder if the point is to just pursue the missions only.

Have mind controlled enemies drop their equipment before releasing them.
You will get more equipment to loot and enemies easy to kill.

I have got to the point were heavens are constantly being attacked and my troops constantly injured. I am just going around in circles. I canā€™t even manage to get to a mission site. To put the cherry on the cake when I do explore I am constantly running into ambushes.