Season Pass Clarification

The “privilege” meant to be sarcastic. Yes, you are being extra to pay an unfinished and buggy build. It’s an unreasonable thing that only a die hard fan would do.

Now. why would one be charged for an ability to do that?
https://www.fig.co/campaigns/phoenix-point
Phoenix Point is a crowdfunded project. That means people pay money to help fund the project. Is that a good value proposition to pay $4000? Goodness no. The point is supporting the project, and different tiers offer different rewards to “encourage” paying more. I am against locking content behid various tiers (I do have a small issue about two DLC items) but access to Backer Beta is a purely optional one. Arguably none of the tiers are worth the money as at the time of crowdfunding the game doesnt’ exist yet, and therefore isn’t worth buying at that point. If one are not interested in such rewards, or can’t afford/are not interested in spending money on fluff then one shouldn’t add money to the pile.

Packages being sold up to Novemeber 8th were remains of the fig campaign. Both BB5 and name in the game don’t offer value gameplay wise, but are something people interested in the project might want to be able to buy.

You didn’t have to pay more. You could have picked the basic package and get the base game for cheaper, then it is now. You could have waited for the release. You chose to pay more for access to Backer Beta, and now you complain that people who didn’t pay for it, paid less then you did. I mean, that’s generally how it works - you pay less, you get less. You pay more, you get more.

Let turn this question around. Why people who bought Ultra Edition can’t access Backer Build5, if you only paid less then 5 quid more?

You pay more when backing, you participate in discussion, test and bug report the game because you want to end product to be the best it can be for everyone. If you look for monetary value, then yeah, it is a garbage deal. You actually should have waited a year or so after release and buy the game on sale. It will be more content complete, polished and probably cheaper.

1 Like

That’s my point you don’t! And to state it again, I knew what I was buying and how much I was spending that did not bother me, or I would not have done it, I wanted it and so I got it… What has me twisted up is the principle not the money. I just felt let down as a backer, this was my entire point which EVERYONE seems to be ignoring and just flaming me over it.

[facepalm] Lets try it again, Sesame Street like.

Content of your platinum edition plus season pass. Lets count togeter:

1. base game
  2. two time limited DLC items
  3. Access to backer beta
  4. 5 DLC included in the Season Pass

Now lets count together content of Ultra Edition

1. base game
  2. two time limited DLC items
  3. 5 DLC included in the Season Pass

So, 4 items for your purchase, and 3 items for Ultra edition. Unless you explain to me how 4=3 I don’t think I will even understand what exactly is your problem here.

I did not see (for some reason No.2) Yeah your right sorry!