Save files are gone

Today when I started the game I noticed that all the saves from yesterday was gone. There is only from 7th December. Everything I did was gone. What can I do?
I don’t want to replay everything again… God

Have you checked they have gone and are there but not being found by the game?

I didn’t find any savegame on my PC.
On game there’s a lot os saves but anyone from yesterday.

Looks as if you have had cloud saving enabled and the game didn’t sync with the launcher for one reason or another. Go into your Epic store settings and turn off cloud save. Saves then will be kept safely on your computer.

1 Like

Another way this can happen is if you were playing on the EGS and switched to playing from the folder or vice versa. They save to different locations for some reason

1 Like

After today’s hotfix I’ve lost my saves too. And I don’t use cloud saves. Where my saves?

1 Like

To fix the saves breaking with the hot fix

File Location: C:\Users\%username%\AppData\LocalLow\Snapshot Games Inc\Phoenix Point

In the EGS folder you should have one directory bunch of letter and numbers. Your saves are here. Just copy the content and paste them in the Savegames directory and your saves will be back in

4 Likes

Thank you. You saved me couple of hours now and many hours in future =)

1 Like

the hotfix is being rolled back to fix the save bug

1 Like

I know, but now i know where saves is

thanks! So they moved save spots and update would have been nice.

I played with hotfix that made game playable, and lost all my saves. Where are the hotfix ones?

File Location: C:\Users\%username%\AppData\LocalLow\Snapshot Games Inc\Phoenix Point

In the EGS folder you should have one directory bunch of letter and numbers. Your saves are here. Just copy the content and paste them in the Savegames directory and your saves will be back in

Tried that, but all I got were the old, pre-patch saves. Oh, well.

I found some EOS saves in this location:

C:\Users*username*\AppData\Local\EpicGamesLauncher\Saved\Saves\bbc499f149ae4d0b80e5667642d51f34\Iris

I found my saves but i dont know where to move them. im not the best with pcs

There should be a sub-folder for your game in this directory. I’m pretty sure they go in there:

C:\Users*USERNAME*\AppData\LocalLow\Snapshot Games Inc\Phoenix Point\EGS

I’m really pissed off now.
I was in a legend campain with 3 full equipped teams. Then i startet a new game on my notebook and now all my safed files on the pc are gone. Really this should not happen, why you just dont add files to the folder. Now 40+h of playing are lost, really great, man that’s just so bad.
Should have never activated cloudsaving…

Sorry to hear that, FArheinfisch.

Did you check both possible save folders? Maybe they’re still there, somewhere…
Are you talking about manual saves or automatic saves?

If the latter, then, actually that’s quite normal game protocol to overwrite automatic saves based on which profile/session you’re playing. If manual saves then, yeah, that’s really crappy!

Checked both folders. All savedgames were overwritten with the ones from the notebook so yeah, this sucks. searched whole pc didn’t find them anywhere else, disabled cloudsave now