Loading Someone Else's Saved Game?

A buddy sent me a saved game file, to try and help him in a tricky spot. I can find the locations of the saved games:

## King’s RookToday at 5:52 PM

[username]\AppData\LocalLow\Snapshot Games Inc\Phoenix Point\EGS\LocalData is the the local saves [username]\AppData\LocalLow\Snapshot Games Inc\Phoenix Point\EGS\ [alphanumeric string] is the launcher location.
copying from one to the other should fix things

But when I go to load (I put it in the 2nd one) I can’t see it in the saved games list. AND, when I go out of the game and look in the folder again, the file is gone.

Any way I can run the save??

Cloud save sync maybe messing you up

I have cloud sync turned off.

how do you boot the game?

via the exe file on your PC (that uses the locallow save location) or via the shortcut provided in the default installation (that opens files based on the epic infrastructure).

it is odd that the file vanishes, in my tinkering with the save structure (wanted to play offline, and then found out it opens a completely different save directory) the save files never disappeared, and if there was a sync problem I had to manually “ok” changes in the save directories.

I however never tried to play saves from other people…just my own.

I use the quick launch in the Epic Launcher.

try using the exe file on your own PC (should be in Epic Games/ Phoenix point ), then it should draw the save files from the locallow folder.

if you never did this before, it will act like you are starting the game for the first time, fair warning.

edit: oops, both use the locallow. one just uses a big numerical streak while the other one is just called “LocalData” when using the boot from your own PC it should draw from “LocalData”

thanks for the help, but i’ll leave it…I don’t want to screw up anything w my current games…If I can’t use the launcher I’ll pass