Research Virophage Injector; last mission (Spoiler)

Once you get an event “Knowledge is power” (which is after “Virophage injector” research) you cannot access other faction endings. All last missions are at the same site and currently, Phoenix Point ending can overwrite other factions endings but other faction endings cannot overwrite Phoenix Point ending. This is, by the way, something we plan to change in the future in a way that you can access any ending anytime.

4 Likes

As MadSkunky said, you should have a mission to protect Tobias West’s fortress. You seem to have all the necessary research done to unlock the “MegaBomb” research.

That good to hear. In my opinion you should be able to research everything. And at the last Mission Briefing you should be able to choose for which fraction you want to play the last Mission…

Same thing happened here. I had an idea I was locked in, so I went back to a previous save and researched the Synedrion, then the New Jericho final missions. However, once I researched the virophage injector again, I was locked in again. Pretty disappointing.

I see two viable options to fix this:

1. Make the descriptive text for that research project extremely clear, like, “If we even research this, all of the factions will declare war on us.” The problem with that is, shouldn’t you still be able to change your mind? It is possible to rebuild those alliances, so it should be possible to change your mind. Maybe make the descriptive text even more explicit about how/why researching this project will leave you no choice but to follow through with the mission.

2. Let players research all of the final missions, set them all in the same location, and make it a “moral choice” situation where the player has to decide which option they’re going to implement. (I haven’t gotten the Anu final mission yet, but this would work for the others.)

In case the developers don’t see how bad their decision was here, is this something modders could fix?

Ah, good. Ha ha. Nice to see this right at the end of the long thread.