Rage Burst is completely garbage with Cthulhu (spoiler)

Yes, rage burst is completely broken. If aiming were possible or everytime possible (instead the soldier firing anywhere) a nerve was ok, but it is completely broken. This is the Xth time iI started this game. The first two time I hated the (felt) every second day defense missions, then I started again, and everything got fucked up because of my reach. Then the difficulty jumps too hard and now I lost a mission which was really hard and then it gotu f…d up shooting in the sky by my heavy. Reallly, for me is playing this game a waste of time. Frustrating sh…t. Maybe I will play the game again after the the last Addon + 6 month or so. So bad, the game is so beatiful in the core, but… No fun to me for now.

You know you need to start new game to see big difference? Loading old save game, where the game was already broken, won’t be much better after “who knows how many patches”.

1 Like

Yes I started with the actual patch.

What level of difficulty do you play? I think it’s relatively fair and easy on Veteran, but it should be even easier on Rookie (never played, so I don’t know exactly).

The many heaven attacks are annoying but doable and you don’t have to do all of them. When you see the defenders are stronger then all is fine, let them do the job on their own.

Rage Burst works, but you have to know how and for that see the posts above especially from @VOLAND. And don’t use single shot weapons like sniper rifles, this is only frustrating. Automatic rifles like the Deceptor or assault rifles do the job much better if you can manage the aim and close the distance.
But yes, the aim is crap and not really intuitive to use. AFAIK they work on it to make it better, at least I hope they do. :wink:

2 Likes

Try using a heavy machine gun on a lair mission. Jetpack across to the target and use rage burst. It was too easy!

1 Like

Here a short picture story what I’m able to do with Rage Burst, maybe someone found it interesting or helpful.

A Lair mission and at the start of my first turn one of my Assault/Infiltrators spots a Chiron and close behind him a Terrorsentinel. My Heavy has jumped in as close as he can, not enough to get line of fire, but lets see this situation first:

Lair Rage Burst 1

Because the Heavy is also dual classed to Infiltrator I can do a Vanish and move so 5 tiles closer, enough for a good Rage Burst position. The Assault Onslaughts him for the needed 2 AP for the Rage Burst. I take my mouse pointer over the Chiron so he is in white shapes, what means the Rage Burst takes him as target and aims at his centre mass:

Lair Rage Burst 2

The result, Chiron dead, Terrorsentinel down from 900 to 310, nice food for my Assault:

Lair Rage Burst 3

Sure, most of this is only possible because Sneak Attack is so strong (mostly OP), but even without it this would end in heavily wounded enemies.

4 Likes

“Rage Burst” might be better named as “Spray ‘n’ Pray”? It should be waste of WP doing this sort of action unless you’ve got something spitting out a large number of automatic rounds - machine-gun, PDW, assault rifles, flamethrower.

I always thought the old mechanic of firing 5 sniper rifle shots was a bit ridiculous and I never got a satisfaction from using this obviously ‘misapplied’ skill.

1 Like