Rage Burst is completely garbage with Cthulhu (spoiler)

I will try this weekend testing pre DLC2, I will post my videos in Discord

Sure. Target is highlighted when I shoot. I even tried with a saved game several times, 2 tiles distance with Heavy with Hell II canon, max 2 hits, sometimes none, mostly 1/5

Is it highlighted white, or marked with a red tile as in my video above?

Highlighted white. I have a video where 2/5 hits are made in the scenario described : https://youtu.be/lKdOcYC4IzQ

2 Likes

Interesting about the highlight… Will check that…

However, in the video you are shooting in an arc at a single medium sized target with a Hel 2 Cannon, what are you expectations on what should happen? Or is it more that you are used to the old Rage Burst and you expect the ability to give you 3-5 hits at the AP price of 1 shot?

1 Like

As I said that was for me a “best case” scenario in that moment. Also, 2 minutes later I tried with a shotgun 3 tiles away on a siren - 1 hit.

Yes, something similar to how it previously worked. Or at least take in account the distance, shooting 2 tiles away 5 times on a enemy and getting 2 hits if you’re lucky … how is that a good last tier investment in skills ? With how it behaves now, why would anyone pay the cost to get 1, maybe 2 hits on a target ?

If it’s a single medium sized target than no, there is no point in spending 5WP and a whole mag on it. But that’s the way it should be - it is meant against large targets and groups of enemies.

However, it has to effective at that, with that I agree.

3 Likes

People still treat this skill as a multishot against single small targets. This is where their mistake is coming from. For me skill is good enough to deal with large targets - and that was its purpose.

4 Likes

This was scheduled training from Devs at release.

This requires a lot of work on the part of Devs = friendly and obvious design for the user.

And the old RB was showing much, much more Show. (Shooting from the first person)

If we take “to the target’s center mass” as a basis, it might be worth trying Marking nearby targets …

• Mark two targets (or two limbs of one target) - to create a priority(50%/50%) “line / hit area”.

Agreed. One of the most OP’ed and looked-forward-to ability has become a worthless waste of units and ammo. Please return the old version, maybe with increased units and fewer shots.

The current iteration of RB was an attempted fix for what many players said was an OP/Unbalance skill. The devs attempted to find a “happy” medium. In doing so, they have also admitted that it needs some fine-tuning. Let’s give them some time to address this. At the moment, it appears that their major focus is on getting a decent and balanced DLC out by the end of August.

1 Like

It seems closer to what Rage Burst was originally, before release, albeit when they showed it one could manually set start and end point of the arc in manual aim.

1 Like

I tried a bit with the new rage burst but I never got this red square what you show in your video.
Highlighted in white, the cone wiggles with the enemies move and the red life bar shows how much damage it maybe can do, so I think it worked as intended … but no red square … ?

To the topic, it worked not that bad when I use burst rifles, i.e. MG, AR or PDW and from close distance. With the last one I got some nice results. All attempts with single shot weapons ends mostly wiht a waste of WP and 1-2 hits.
For me this is the right direction, rage burst with single shot weapons was never the right thing in my book. :wink:

5 Likes

Yes, it was exactly like in the video. I stood 1 tile away. In front of an opened part of the wall. Final boss was glowing white.

It must be a problem with targeting it… Did you F12 it?

Sadly not cause I thought it to be a “feature”.

It’s OK… Hopefully RB targeting will be improved in the next patch, but if doesn’t, or it doesn’t take care of the problem, I think F12ing it is a good idea.

Isn’t the final boss sitting in some kind of pit? Then its center is probably too deep for Rage Burst and all shots must inevitably go into the ground. That is of course still not okay, but a form of bug in this special case (and of course the use of a sniper rifle :wink: (sorry, but I had to address that again :stuck_out_tongue: )) and not a general failure of the Rage Burst skill.

Well, let’s see what they do with the aiming for Rage Burst. I also want something in the form of first person view, that IS the main feature of this game.

1 Like

I think fundamentally the problem is not so much what it hits or misses, but more the weak user interface to control it.

The control system is a bit flaky and doesn’t give accurate enough information about what results it might produce. Additionally as has already been mentioned before, it would probably be a lot clearer to use is if it was aimed from the soldier’s perspective.

3 Likes