Rage burst for sniper / heavy still OP

It isn’t hard to go CQB with dash and Scylla or Chiron are huge like a barn. Damage output is huge, without even additional passives like Reckless and so on.

You are a bit over the topic, this is all about sniper/heavy with rageburst. What applies to others should of course also apply to you. If you want to have a general rageburst nerf then open a new thread :stuck_out_tongue:

Sorry, but I couldn’t resist :innocent:

Here I think we can agree, the original RB was OP. I personally feel that the devs did a good job in balancing it. I’m just not comfortable that it needs to be nerfed much further than they already have. It’s a tool/weapon that is very important in some missions, and not necessarily needed in the current citadel missions.

Would you then confirm that this “tool” breaks the Citadel Mission?

You have no idea how hard the game has become and claim the opposite? I hardly think that RB needs a change. Actually, Athron can destroy an entire group, simply like that. Chiron’s acid rain is a pain. Even sirens can spit acid, disabled the head. Think about that before you write something.

1 Like

No, because as I illustrated there is more than one way to skin a cat. I can easily accomplish a citadel mission without s/h-RB. Are you suggesting that this be prevented from use on certain missions? Again, I can’t quite grasp why the player who can’t self discipline themselves feel that l that all players must play the game the way they feel it should be played. I know, I’m in the minority with this thinking. And as we all know the squeaky wheel is the one to get greased.

If I can answer, I would say no. The tool is not the problem, the citadel mission is the problem, it is far too easy. I already wrote it above and @mcarver2000 as well, there are a lot of tools to finish scyllas in citadels in one round.
Turned around, if the Citadel Mission is too easy, how can that be because of one of the many tools?

1 Like

For what it’s worth I see that the devs have plans to work on the Citadel vs. Lair missions (marked as In Progress). Time will tell and if the past shows us anything, it won’t be pretty right of the box. But, at least they are looking and finding a solution.

1 Like

For you, but not for everyone. What now?

Nothing, i will not open a discussion to make citadel missions harder. That already exists and afaik is also already addressed by the devs. Edit: see above your post …

Don’t argue with everyone just because you can …

1 Like

So please don’t claim anything that affects everyone.

Have i demand anything? Please read, think and then post … thx

Edit, I also claim nothing … omg

1 Like

lol :grinning:

Oh (what can I say in public)!, but please folks, let’s not go there again… Stop the sniping and start conversing. I thought we had gotten this thread to a civil tone. Obviously this is an extremely touchy subject (and one, I probably should have avoided – which I did for quite some time).

2 Likes

Ok, lets stop sniping, sorry @Omega, maybe I was a bit over. (But please don’t snipe people on your own side :wink: )

1 Like

All right, I don’t want to hurt or insult anyone. We’re all here to make the game better and I thank you all. Exchanging opinions is what the game is all about.

2 Likes

I know, I am going to get flagged for going off topic… But at least this should show the devs how passionate we all are in making this promising diamond in the rough shine. To borrow someone else’s words:

You reached for the secret too soon, you cried for the moon
Shine on you crazy diamond

1 Like

Pink Floyd, what a band. I’m a fan and I love Pink Floyd. Thanks )

Seems to me, there are 2 debates going on in tandem on this thread right now.

• One is about Rage Burst - in particular the Sniper/Heavy combo.
  • The other is about the ease (or otherwise) of the Citadel mission.

And as usual, it seems to have degenerated into a slanging match between those who believe the game is unbalanced to the point of breaking and those who believe it is so difficult that game-breaking combos should be allowed.

From my perspective both are ‘right’, up to a point, but the message gets lost in the sniping.

Quite simply, anything that allows you to take down the biggest recurring Boss Monster in the game and end the top-tier mission in the Panda-base tree no more than 3 turns into a mission is seriously broken and flawed. I don’t care how you do it - some use S/H RB, McCarver uses my standard method of Boom Blast & a Pythagoras screen, others use Berserkers doped up on Adrenalin Rush. Doesn’t matter, it’s still broken.

But so is swamping a player with 5 Sirens hidden behind a maze of walls or acid blasting a Squad with 2 unseen Chirons or spamming the Squad with 5 invisible Tritons each with 300HP Sniper Rifles or any number of the outrageously OP Panda combos that I’ve read about and sometimes encountered. [For the record: I don’t count the Scylla’s Scream in this category - except where she is spawned so close to the squad that they have no chance to react to her. To deal with that, you have to spread out and focus on taking off her head like the Siren, and that’s an interesting tactical problem imho].

But (and excuse my troll-like capitals here, but some people don’t seem to be getting the message) YOU DON’T FIX THIS GAME BY JUST NERFING SKILLS AND IGNORING OP PANDA COMBOS AND YOU EQUALLY DON’T FIX IT BY IGNORING OP SKILL COMBOS AND NERFING THE PANDAS.

You have to do both, and most of the regular voices on these forums who constantly get labelled as ‘hardcore’ - incorrectly in my opinion - keep patiently making that point.

@Omega, @mcarver2000, @MadSkunky, I’m not trying to spoil your fun - I’m trying to improve it, by patiently explaining to the devs that until they fix the wildly OP Panda combos they keep throwing at us, desperate people are going to defend their right to 1-shot the Big Nasty from the other side of the map to their last breath. But if you can do that, the only way the Pandas stand a chance against you is by spamming you with OP combos of their own. So it turns into a classic arms race where nobody wins because it completely breaks the game.

I’m not opposed to RB. In fact I wish they’d put it back the way it was in BB5 - it was fun then: massively OP but mitigated by the fact that it could only be used at close range by an HMG-wielding Heavy who emptied his entire magazine; which meant that you had to navigate the tactical challenge of getting your Heavy into position with 3 AP & 5WP available before you could use it. In fact, RB as it stands, but limited to a Heavy with a Gatling Gun works pretty much like that , and that’s how I play it.

If a Skill requires you to solve a tactical conundrum to get it to work, then it makes the game interesting. If you can just sit back and press the ‘Kill Maguffin’ button from the other side of the map, it makes the game profoundly boring - but so does being multiply Mind Controlled by hidden Sirens/1-shotted by Return Fire/Acid Bombed by hordes of unreachable Nasties/insert your bugbear of choice here.

Unless they fix BOTH, Snapshot are ultimately going to find this game relegated to the ‘noble effort but flawed’ dustbin of gaming history, and that would be a real shame.

10 Likes

great answer :wave: