Phoenix Point’s “Year One Edition” Moves To Dec. 3rd on Steam and the Epic Games Store

No.
They are stored in different directories, and use different folders for save games, so you are perfectly safe. Surely, you will have two icons on desktop of same, so rename e.g. epic one to PP epic or similar, or launch game from Epic/Steam library launcher.

1 Like

Thank you👍

I am not too sure that they will have different save folders, as currently the saves are not tied to the main location for the game. Time will tell.

So could the two different installations use the one save location? Would they read their own saves and ignore the other?

I’m also not really sure, but yes, that could happen. Saves and also some game settings are often stored in the users folder (like C:\Users\username\Appdata.…) and not the install folder of the game.

so just to be sure, if I’m an original backer on Epic, I will get all the new updates on my Epic account?

1 Like

Game is still being supported on epic of course. From what I understand you won’t get “First Year” edition, but there is no content exclusive to “First Year”. If you have base game DLC1&2 plus Livin weapons DLC, you have content equivalent to “first year”. Only main menu will be different.

1 Like

It’s really good.

Everything I’d hoped for basically.

It’s almost like you’ve listened to what people have said and implemented the changes due to that.

I love the updated models and the tutorial, played about 5 hours (lockdown don’t judge me) no bugs so far.

I actually care about the charectors now they look more human which I guess was your aim

It’s just a hell of a lot more polished, and frankly more fun.

Well done, I hope you guys can have a little break and that you get a enough sales on steam for your hard work.

Looking forward to seeing what you add in the future.

3 Likes

Looking at Steam and Epic: :flushed:
Pretty cheap actually …

2 Likes

I am quite amazed its all 25e now - so playing it before has its own price. But its good since I plan to move to Steam :slight_smile:

Remember, it’s only a limited time offer that ends December 22nd**, the “normal” prize is still 49,99€.

** Interesting, at Epic it ends December 13th …

1 Like

Yes, nothing changed.

If you own vanilla PP on Epic you can purchase released DLCs via available Year One Edition upgrade. If you do existing content or own season pass you will get access to future content as planned.

Year One Edition is repackaging only - it is the same game that was on sale before, the only difference is titlescreen. Non-Year One Editions will receive the same support and content.

2 Likes

Hi - I was an early backer but did not get a Steam key. Who should I speak to about that?

Thanks.

1 Like

Hi. If you backed Phoenix Point before March 12th, 2019 send an email from your backer email to contact@snapshotgames.com and state if you want a key for Steam or GOG.

2 Likes