Patch: Nerf on Assault rifle ?!

No, I already accounted for it:
Piranha was 30 x 5 (20 piercing), so with 20 armor it is 30 x 5
Piranha is now 40 x 4 (10 piercing), so with 20 armor it is 30 x 4

… That is of course if I understood the notes correctly …

1 Like

I never really use the Piranha. It is nice to have some penetration, but what good is it if your bullets mostly miss? A missed shot does zero damage, at least the laser rifle has a chance to HIT the target.

And with the sniper weak spot skill you can strip the armor and let the AR finish them off, provided to can actually hit something. Lowering the AP of the Piranha insures that I will never consider using one again, good job guys!

Maybe using the nerf bat isn’t always the best approach. If stats say more people use one weapon over another maybe try improving the less used one? Not gimping the other.

I mean seriously, for a month the peeps around here have been saying assault rifles suck, they can’t keep up with the armor boost the enemies get and you guys go and nerf them?

So now assault rifles are worse, shotgun are less useful with the dash nerf limiting them to 1 shot with a dash, so the overly useful sniper builds become even more the best option.

7 Likes

Relax, friend, this is just a first balance patch! The parameters are going to be shifted back and forth until the optimal solution is found. Meanwhile just play the game and provide useful feedback.

Sure. Of course you can pair Dash with Rally from your teammate for 2 shots or with Adrenaline Rush for 3 shots.

No, because sniper abilities had aslo been nerfed.

1 Like

Sniper Abilities but not sniper rifles. -10 DMG on AP sniper is nothing.

Do you use Sniper Rifles without sniper abilities?

I do, with my priest when he’s a bit too far :grin: :stuck_out_tongue:.
Since he’s bad with any weapon you give him, I give him the most accurate one.

2 Likes

I do nearly the same, but give him Sniper training as well (at least the basic skills). He is my sniper support helping other snipers to regain will with his snail head :snail:

Yes on Berserkers with Adrenaline Rush also Rage Burst is still strong. Just not insta kill everything.

This game so favors long range engagements. Pin point accuracy for targeting limbs, avoiding return fire, hitting 2 per turn with QA, all but guaranteeing 200+ damage a turn from safety.

Assault rifles barely can hit a barn from 12 tiles away, and most spray armor. If you are close enough to reliably do damage with an AR you might as well use a shotgun.

3 Likes

You’re right, so it isn’t quite as unreasonable as I thought. I thought they reduced damage too but they actually increased damage per shot.

Piranha AR is or rather was a reliable damage dealer in medium ranges. Unlike shotgun it doesn’t need to be right next to the :crab: so you can use two bursts with no trickery. It’s also pretty decent for RF.

For armoured :crab: people shotgun is liable to do no damage at all or minimal damage unless you get right next to the crabbies to aim for a weak point.

Yep, I am just from the mission where I’ve one-shot 340 HP armored Arthrones with Ironclast aiming at their shield hand (it was the only spot with 0 armour).

I really don’t see the problem with the change, it was something Snapshot did to bring the weapon equivalent to same tier weapons as they picked up a slight favouring toward one specific type of AR over others.

What a lot of people seem to be actually complaining about isn’t that Snapshot nerfed that specific AR, but rather that when all AR of that tech level are relatively equivalent in terms of performance many people feel ARs as a whole are feel relatively pointless to use compared to other weapon alternatives.

Which is a entirely different type of feedback to actually arguing against the changes made to one type of AR in the update to bring it in line with the rest.

FYI: there is one more hidden nerf to Piranha. After the clip size was changed to from 32 to 40 it is displayed now as 40/32 in inventory and you can’t reload.
Here is the fix for your saved games:

1. Carefully unequip all your Piranha’s and all their clips for all soldiers.
  2. Carefully equip them all again. That should fix the problem (even better if you had some more spare clips in the storage).
2 Likes

But what are saying some players is the balance should have been to up all other AR.

I’m shared, haven’t tried yet the new game version, and don’t know for AR, and I’m tedious overall on the new version, they react too much in urge because some players complain it’s too easy. But at end, they didn’t remove the worse OP holes. im’ bored with last part of final, can only be worse with new patch. Ha well, I complain before have tried. :slight_smile:

When an enemy die due to return fire it ends up in an endless enemy turn. Is this Bug fixed or not?

Balancing this way will eventually work because after this change I’m not going to be running any assaults anymore which is going to show up in the statistics.

It’s an extremely poor way to do it though (there is a distinct lack of understanding on why people are making certain choices).

Well, I do assault/infiltrator using Deimos. I can shoot from longer range quite accurately without too much risk of losing concealment and 60 damage per bullet.

The assault/heavy combination could have been interesting for war cry and rage burst. Get close but out of sight, war cry so they have only 2AP and can’t shoot at you, rage burst (AR, pistol or shotgun) the next turn.

Jump/WC is a common quote but a suicidal tactic, this game is spawning enemies, enemies can hide, often won’t rush and stay in back, los are very complex and grenades don’t need any los. Just a scamloading tactic.

Deimos is only 30 damages per bullet, it requires break armor first, it’s same crap than PP AR becomes rather soon, but its great range can give it some good usage as secondary weapon.

Jump/WC executed by 2 soldiers helped me get 100% containers in yesterday scavenging mission against all melee team of 15 Arthrons.
You just have to find a relatively safe position to do it. And heavy armour helps.