Only change gear in soldiers at the bases

In order to minimize the gear teleporting and the exploit where players can have a single set of equipment and armour rotating to several teams around the world, it should be implemented the same solution of aircraft stuff. Only when the team is in a base, it can equip with material.

Canny votation: Only change gear in soldiers at the bases | Voters | Phoenix Point

1 Like

I don’t want to ruin your enthusiasm but SG is not interested in these kind suggestions. On top of that we do the exact same thing by ourselves.

Anyway the only pending guaranteed release is DLC 5 early next year with bugfixes and some kind of minimum free content(QOL, armor, whatever) by that date

1 Like

Well,

At least i will try and give my contribute. Is a free game tester for SG.

Nothing near your game experience, but i finished the game for the third time in legendary and played 1000+ hours of PP, so i have a lot of other small matters to post in a few days.

Sure , go ahead, just letting you know the support for this game is near to end, and the company will not spend time for those changes

2 Likes

I’m not sure game is ready for such changes:

• You can’t take anything spare to be held on aircraft, so you need to rely only on what you have taken with soldiers
  • Equipment is too expensive to make multiple copies of weapons and armors (so that it would be possible to equip second team, when first team is on the flight to or from the mission)
  • Additionally to the first point light items, like magazines and medkits, are too “heavy” and “space consuming” to bring additional with you, which forces player to come back to base instead of go forward
  • Mission spawn rate is too high to allow for constant returns to bases just to swap anything in soldiers inventory

If manufacturing would be cheaper and game would encourage to have multiple copies of the same weapon, armor or consumable… and dropships would have separate cargohold, then why not. But game doesn’t function like that.

1 Like
  • You can’t take anything spare to be held on aircraft, so you need to rely only on what you have taken with soldiers

Yes. That made player to carefull equip team before missions.

• Equipment is too expensive to make multiple copies of weapons and armors (so that it would be possible to equip second team, when first team is on the flight to or from the mission)

No. You are wrong. I finished the game in Legendary and have 40+ soldiers all of them with their own armour and weapons. I don’t do teleport as a house rule. Of course you will fight all the game with the lack of resources, but this should be a strategy game component.

• Additionally to the first point light items, like magazines and medkits, are too “heavy” and “space consuming” to bring additional with you, which forces player to come back to base instead of go forward

At this point - ammo and medikits - i agree with the game system where you can replace it just after the mission when airborne. The main situation for me is the armour and weapons.

• Mission spawn rate is too high to allow for constant returns to bases just to swap anything in soldiers inventory

As i said in point 2. I finished the game like that and did all missions, so it is possible.

The problem is the game is not implemented with local storage, and you need both for bases and aircrafts.

Because you should have the option to exchange stuff not only in base, but also whith soldiers inside an aircraft or when two or more aircrafts reach the same POI or haven, at that point you should have the option for all crews and all their equipment.

2 Likes

I agree, anyway, what i propose is better than the actual situation.

Just because something is possible it doesn’t make it desirable, default way. You can complete the Dark Souls games lvl 1 naked but that would not make it a good a reason to call for armour and progression nerf, right?

It isn’t. Damn, I have shitload of issues with this game and I think it is wrong on so many levels… but without changing the whole in-game economy this idea is just absurd.

I do like challenges, I do play classic roguelikes without save scumming (Nattfarinn). But what I like isn’t exactly relevant. People like me, or you (1000+ hours, few Legendary wins), should not shape the general difficulty of games. Ever.

1 Like

Well, we agree in disagree. Happy 2022.