New Enemy(s): Striker Breaker

You can have armors geared to protect against different kinds of damage.

eg

The OP mentions a few specific counter-tactics (which, to be fair, have also been suggested before), like enemies that start hidden, or on Overwatch.

The way I imagined this is that the game would look at what and how causes most damage on average and react to that proportionally. So if the player relies more on one approach than on any other (for example, explosives) the AI would allocate a very large chunk of its budget to ablative armor, putting it on most of its creatures. If the player uses a mixed approach, the AI would allocate the budget accordingly - some enemies will wear ablative armor, some have some protection against paralysis, fire, acid, etc, some will have a Dune-like shield :grinning:, etc.

In the end the point is not to make the enemy invincible, just a little more interesting to play against. Something like “oh, I can’t use nades against this Arthron, but I can against that other one over there”, would go a long way towards that, IMO.

Edit: typos

1 Like

So, if I used mixed squad then in general nothing changes. Pandas just get more armor, health, shields, but it didn’t force me to change my tactics.

The man who was beaten by the bandits, no matter what exactly they beat him with.
But bandits can save energy by using mostly large clubs instead of daggers.

The pandorian evolution seems annoying but sure gives the player a greater challenge to deal with making the game more interesting.

It will be different really soon.

“soon” is today :wink: