Game pass has me wondering

Note I’m getting some clarifciation because I have the Xbox PC pass and you can’t buy Metro Exodus on the Xbox pass and the windows store is kind of garbage to deal with and the “Windows” store now sells xbox stuff which makes everything even more dumb and confusing

But again that’s kind of irrelvant anyway because just like the Phoniex point exclusivity, Metro Exodus was likely slated to be part of teh Xbox PC Pass. Thus you know its basically literally the same thing. Dispensation was provided for the xbox pc pass for Metro Exodus, just like for Phoenix Point, because their inclusion in the Xbox PC Pass predates the Epic exclusivity. And thus you know the exclusivity for MS was waived. But again lets sort of just ignore the ‘logic’ part of that because well ‘conspiracy theories’ and “lets throw all logic out the window” and “the devs are all liars so my points are all valid”

By your own screenshot if that were true they can purchase disable it for PC users, except now I’m going to prove that this whole argument is entirely wrong to begin with.

So now we can dispose of that line of idiocy. Yes, it’s much more likely Epic’s agreements simply preclude the sale of games on Steam (see Ubisoft’s Anno 1800 and Division 2 for more examples) as opposed to being Exclusively on Epic.

Please stop digging, you’re really not helping.

And no, sample agreements can be provided sans-NDA to interested parties if they wish to review an agreement before deciding if such an agreement is for them or not. That’s the point of a sample agreement. It doesn’t include anything confidential and doesn’t place strict requirements on either party, it’s a template agreement that allows parties to get a lay of the land before deciding to commit.

If Epic are NDA’ing everything they sign with developers then that would lead me to wonder why they are intent on hiding their agreements.

EDIT: And for the avoidance of any doubt, because I want that screenshot to be crystalline in what it spells out, it also provides the price if you do not have the game pass. That means Metro:Exodus is for sale regardless of your game pass status. That rules out any connection to the game pass, or if there is one, it’s not as strong as you claim.

I’ve already admitted my theory is based on circumstantial evidence, which doesn’t mean it’s built on the best of foundations, but there’s enough there that I feel I’ve a viable argument.

Your responses are either ad hominem, straw men, or appeals to authority.

Which one of us is the more credible here? :slight_smile:

I’m closing this thread down now as it is just descending into people sniping at each other.

I’ll end by saying that we didn’t take any actions without consulting our own legal time, and I would assume it goes without saying that Epic and Microsoft both did the same.