Flickering Movies

As the title states, the movies flicker and it is impossible to watch them. I have tried changing my resolution, graphic settings, and I have tried changing v-sync. No luck.

Anyone else have this problem? Or is it just me?

1 Like

I haven’t experienced that.

Update your graphics card driver. It may help.

2 Likes

It’s an issue tied to Snapshots’ attempt to update to the new Unity Engine. They did a rough-shod attempt to accomplish it, but many folks are experiencing issues with decent GPUs and the latest drivers. I had no issues prior to that update. But since then there are many glitches. Yes, I have the latest drivers.

1 Like

Is it a card/chipset issue I wonder? I’m fortunate that I’ve never had problems with the game, but have sympathy for other players.

Prior to the Unity Engine update by Snapshot, I had no issues with performance. Currently there are issues with hung video (landing of Manticore during the day), slideshow end of mission transitions, sound cutting in and out (not a GPU issue) and a few other issues.

I have 2 GeForce GTX 980 (7879 MB memory), i7-5930K CPU and 16 GB of memory.

1 Like

The latest hotfix also includes a Unity Engine update. Let’s cross our fingers and hope many of the issues the last Unity update introduced are corrected.

1 Like

Try disabling SLI… Seems to fix the video issues for me although I suffer them as I’d prefer to keep my SLI active

2 Likes

Agreed. It sounds like the GPU & CPU are struggling with one another. Might also shut down other programs not needed, as you run the game.

For me, disabling SLI has no effect. However, in the Nvidia Control Panel - Manage 3D settings, turning Power Management Mode from “Prefer maximum performance” to “Optimal power” did put an end to the slideshow/dropped frames at the end of missions.

2 Likes