Class System feedback & suggestions

Also cyber augmentations. Some warning should be given or armor auto removed.

I hope, we will get some updates

I also want to play with heavy in the frontlines, but…

BTW, is the council (You mentioned councilors) some kind of institution responsible for game design?

do not even need to get multiclass,
if it is heavy weapons proficiency perk available for Sniper or Assault, these soldiers can became effective “heavy soldier” for less skill points
only the Heavy class itself is “weird” with heavy weapons :smiley:

2 Likes

Wow I’d completely forgotten about that. Thanks for remembering!

1 Like

No, it’s just a group of users here that have access to a forum that the devs also use. They’re players that play a lot, understand the game a lot and volunteered to help with bug reports and change proposals. You can see the title to the right of their username in their posts, it says “Community Councillor”.

2 Likes

Yes, I noticed “Community Councilors”.
For me, “The Phoenix Point Council” sounded something like Freemason Lodge, which influences a game development from background :smiley:

Anyway, it is a fact, that the Phoenix Point has various game design and balance issues,
But I am optimistic,
Now after PP was released on Steam, a main game platform, with fresh players and fresh feedback, would be more pressure to deal… more seriously with it

1 Like

The CC is not a Star Chamber. While the members submit their thoughts and wants, the devs have their own agenda. Generally, as new developments are on the burner, the CC is asked to provide feedback and sometimes beta test the next build. There are many on the council that feel that the devs have their own roadmap and complete ignore the suggestions from the CC. While it may all sound like the Illuminati, it isn’t even close.

4 Likes

Well done, that should throw them off. :wink:

It’s good that you didn’t mention the part about the secret handshake and the world domination roadmap.

5 Likes

Pss, Voland, everyone is doing this now :hugs:

2 Likes

Yes, I do understand you are here more to deal with the forum crowd, and I am good its way more then UnstableVoltage that did that alone at very beginning. Its good.

also, Wiki and some beginners guides are also great for “those who did not suffer early stages to learn it on their own” :slight_smile: And one can always find something faster then in UFOpedia or more enriched!
I vote for Wiki to became part of PP UFopedia :slight_smile:

You can have some making PP with two hands and a leg sign :slight_smile:
Monthy Phytons secret silly walk? :slight_smile: (also appearing in strange game “West of loathing” as silly walk perk)

I hope you can at least let devs of some public opinion and good proposals - as of yours, as on official here, or forum. It at least gives proposals some chance :slight_smile:

Is it a waste of personal time, like a year of beta for free, and for 5-15% efficiency? This is a conversation with the Wall, it kills the attitude towards the Game, this cannot be afforded by any indie studio that respects its players.

1 Like

Truth of capitalist world is: company will do what it does, customers must obey :slight_smile:
Rarely I did found companies that really incorporate the users opinion and needs, so many players, few paid developers and good managers, or so :slight_smile:

Well, at least that you could compile and save good ideas for PP2 or so …

This will not happen, and to build such hopes means to bury the current development of Phoenix Point, right now.

PS This is Betrayal, and Traitors cannot plan a stable Future.

Yup, I did it on Epic, and will even buy a Steam version and switch to Steam, knowing all the bad sides.

Ahhh … big words. A bit of disappointment rather, but I ll give them a fair chance of supporting it as it is, so they are funded to do better work. Optimist, I am :slight_smile:

It was with me before the release of DLC1. Reality makes you sober.

1 Like

It is more dramatic
Looks , that “the Council” has its opponents, who think this
I saw an accusations on steam, that council monopolized communication with devs and Influence over the game, and it’s role is “counterproductive”

This indignation is caused, not by the Council or even by Canny. This is a contradiction between “Light and Heavy” players, although in fact, it is a problem of Disbalance of the game, a problem of the Design “My OP versus Your OP” - there is no Hormonia in it.
I already wrote many times, the balance between the two OPs can be built, But this requires the Resources of the “AAA+” game.
But to take a Design close to realism and ballistics, adding the efforts of the Community + Modding, it is quite possible to reach the “Legend of my childhood” level.

(The PP has the unique potential of “Three-Dimensional Orientation and Plan for Action - Step by Step” for the Growing Generation)

3 Likes

The devs also use the data they receive from players in the game.

3 Likes

Particularly within the Council, because (except the secret handshake and the world domination plan) we don’t usually agree on anything.

Which is the point, because ‘Community Council’ is a fancy name for ‘focus group’: the devs ask questions/give us test builds and see how we respond. They also (sometimes) look at what we are discussing between each other.

Indeed, and not only telemetry but forums, Discord, reviews, etc.

CC is another source of feedback for the devs, I don’t know how much weight it has vs the others, and whatever it is, it’s the result of how the devs perceive the utility of our feedback (how accurately it anticipates the feedback from the larger playerbase).

Also, we do sometimes get feedback from the devs, like “this is a bug”, or “this is a feature”, and that we usually share.

One thing I would caution against is assuming that all CC members post here. Some are on Discord but not here, and others are not active publicly at all.

4 Likes

Something went wrong if the Community Council (Brainstorming) turned into laboratory experiments. (+ Polls by mail, + Telemetry)

And the feedback from Devs comes with the command “error” or “rule” (false / true).

I would even be interested to watch the SG from the side if they were developing Not Phoenix Point.

1 Like