Can't download backer build

It occurred that spending additional time testing v1.0 for Mac and Linux was counterproductive, as we would have just been releasing them with all of the currently discovered bugs intact. As we’re already working towards and testing 1.1, it makes more sense to have that ready to release on all platforms and not be delayed by re-testing 1.0

Of course! The point of the backer build is to help build a great game, not to allow all people with non-mainstream computers to play it :wink: Keep up the absolutely great work!

Let me guess, there’s no one in the team actually working on linux/mac, you build for them and test occasionally?

While I can live without the backer builds, there’s a slippery slope here that leads to the “non mainstream” versions to simply disappear. Happened before, one egregious example is Torchlight 2 which I preordered based on their promise of mac/linux versions. They released a port… 3 years after the game was out?!? 3 years after my preorder. Needless to say, I’m avoiding Runic Games like the plague now.

I simply don’t have the time or the inclination to reboot to Windows just to play a game any more. Not when there are a bazillion indies that can do Mac builds. Just my 2 cents, as a not-important non-mainstream backer.

That’s a big chip you seem to have there on your shoulder.

All of our backers are just as important, regardless of which platform they play on. We’ve said that we will release Mac and Linux builds, and we will. Remember though, we develop on Windows systems. We have an entire studio full of Windows systems to test on (and most of the development team use Windows systems at home). This means Windows testing can be done relatively quickly. What we don’t have currently is a room full of Macs or machines running Linux. We are now building a dedicated QA department to ensure that we can test and release on all platforms moving forwards.

I’ve been burned before… so I posted my position. I’m too old to have a ‘game developers are gods and you should take whatever you’re given’ position (look at the post before mine).

In spite of that, I still think Mr Gollop is the god of tactics :slight_smile: Just hoping I’ll actually be able to play his newest game when it’s ready.

I see a fair amount of sarcasm in JMPicard’s comment about the delayed non-mainstream release and the people who are not amused about the situation (including me).

Besides, the good people who play on Windows have done all the work with bug reports and game feedback on BB1.0, and thanks to that people who play on Mac/Linux should get BB1.1 with most of the major issues fixed already :]

Ho ho, I wouldn’t be surprised if I was older than mr. @nottorp, after all — old enough to know about priorities, and putting myself to the side. I’m a developer myself, as well.

As for sarcasm; there was absolutely none. I’m just patient and agreeable, and that’s allright! Indeed, I encourage you all to try that out — it makes life more enjoyable :crazy_face: