Black screen on startup

Guess you missed the info of DO NOT INSTALL in c:\Program Files… privileged directory makes things difficult …
Use different drive if available - or at least something outside Windows 10’s reign (c:\Games\Epic…
works likewise

Man im follow everything in tweeter, reddit, here , discord and there is nothing from the devs, i have spend the last 13 hours checking every post, tweet, etc there is nothing from devs

I have tried everything on the book by now

I’ve spent the last 2 days, from around 7am to 3am - with 2 quick 30 minute stops for food in between, literally responding to emails. Many from people who just checked the wrong email account or who didn’t check spam folders. I’ve also been replying to DMs on Facebook, Twitter, and a few other places.

I’m the only person at Snapshot dealing with communication - and there is simply more inbound traffic than I can reasonably handle at the moment.

I’ve been glancing through the forums when I can - but with the overwhelming amount of posts, I haven’t been able to respond to everything. But, the dev teams have been here taking notes.

@UnstableVoltage thanks for chiming in, I appreciate the response. I am however not familiar enough to start downloading logs or making system changes other than the obvious. If you have specific instructions for us experiencing the issue to help you get to the bottom of it please post. I’ll continue to monitor forum and am hoping for quick resolution. thanks.

Hopefully @gamingmechanoid can be more use to you here. He’s our QA Lead and the one who usually has the technical answers. It’s currently 4am in Bulgaria (I’m still here answering at 2am :frowning: ) So maybe tomorrow.

shocker - installing it to a different location did not work lol

Hi guys, I’ve joined the club I guess.
Waited 20+ min for 2 times, tried everything written in this post but still no cigar…
I just decided to postpone my playthrough till 2020

For those who have a similiar log message to this

(Filename: C:\buildslave\unity\build\Runtime/Export/Debug.bindings.h Line: 45)

Unloading 4 Unused Serialized files (Serialized files now loaded: 0)
InvalidOperationException: Cannot bind field GameConsoleWindow._inputField in scene BootScene: Cannot find game object with this name in scene hieararchy.
at Base.Utils.Binder.BindField (UnityEngine.GameObject searchRoot, System.Object target,

This will not go away with admin rights, reinstalling, pressing ESC or verifying for the fifth time.
Do not get your minutes to 60 something so that you would lose refund chance.

Hopefully at somepoint devs will fix it. I will try to refund my ultra edition(I love manuals artworks and stuff) but EPIC probably wont refund that as it includes consumables. So yeah, this is what I get for buying before checking.

@UnstableVoltage tks for finally say something, and sorry for what i said but it’s been very frustating having the game and have this problems that i and the rest of the people here tried everything (or almost everything) on the book to solve then and still the same. Can we count with a solution for today or in the next days ?, and if you or @gamingmechanoid know the state of this error correction just keep us updated and i think at least from us you won’t receive messages.

1 Like

They are working on it, I’m in communication and they are pursuing the issue. I’m trying to help out with their investigation myself, providing the info they ask for. No idea how long a fix will take but let me say this much.

2 Likes

I hope they will find a solution as soon as possible. I want to play this game. I even bought the ultra edition but haven’t played it a single minute. I crossed my fingers here and waiting for this issue to be resolved.

any news from developer?

1 Like

We’re looking into some workaround solutions while we work on a patch. One possible fix is to install the Microsoft Visual C++ resist from their website

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=52685

We’ve found this to fix the issues in some, but not all cases.

1 Like

I have already Visual C++ installed on my PC, so no luck for me.

Based on my logs, they seem to be unto the problem. I think they’re getting close to a clear identification and then a fix but I don’t know when that would be deployed on a patch. I don’t want to undermine any efforts but I’ll just say this: don’t refund yet and wait for now since they’re diligent on this issue and have made good progress in the last 2 days. I have witnessed promising developments but I won’t give details since I don’t know how much they’d want to share.

Player here, no affiliation with the company.

Gonna give the benefit of doubt, and c++ doesn’t work for me already tried that

I have no intention of refunding. Hopefully everything will be okay in couple of days. It is just unfortunate for me to wait for this game for so long and not being able to play it. All I can do is to wait.

I remember from bb5 that the initial load for me took FOREVER. I’m still on platters, but I’d start the game, make coffee, take the dog out, do some dishes, then come back just in time to see it actually load the title screen. Try giving it even longer than 5 mins just to see.

Edit: My bad, thought this was a new post and didn’t realize there was already official activity and real explanations.

if u re from turkey and using laptop wirh windows 10 when u open the game u see a black screen and goes no where and the game never starts so please change the windows language to english same as the keyboard language english us and the game will start and pls the graphic driver must be on date

1 Like

Hi everybody. For does who have black screen at startup (like me); setting your region format (not region) of Win7 to English - U.State solved the problem for me. If you have time I say try it out.

2 Likes