Black screen on startup

already done that , still the same

Definitely feels that way given your output log cannot find a specifc DLL which makes it feel like its a permissinons issue

I don’t have that problem, but my Epic games are installed on a different drive which might be way its not happening to others

Same issue black screen comes up after what seems to be launcher coming up on a white screen. Tried the admin setting for the launcher

Ok, got a new log without username in this time, here it is:

https://pastebin.com/pUhDK2c6

This is after like 15mins when I closed the game as I’m nearing 2 hour limit of refunds. Any idea what’s going wrong?

Here in my log.

It seems no matter how long I wait log stops at same line.

https://pastebin.com/TDKpSHqD

Here is another one without epic launcher, I run exe from the game folder as admin.
No difference.

Are you launching the “Phoneix Point Content” or the “Phoneix Point” library

The Phoneix Point Content basically laucnhes explorer for you, the main game has no ‘launcher’ so it kinda sounds like you might be launching the wrong ‘game’

Please also try running the game as an administrator, though your issues seem different than the otehr ones which is odd.

Win10 Pro, I7 4790k, 1080Ti, no problems at all. I don’t think its the gpu.
Maybe driver, I do not have the latest installed.

Win10 Pro, i7 4790k, 1080Ti, 16Gb DDR3 RAM, installed on HDD 7200rpm.
Game works without any problem, loading times are fine.
I haven’t installed latest gpu driver, my version is “425.31”.
I don’t think it would be gpu type problem, not the hardver at least.

edit: from another thread:
Black Screen At Startup

This appears to be a permissions issue. Try running the game with administrator rights by going to C:\Program Files\Epic Games\PhoenixPoint and right click to “run as administrator”

For me, it was using a Windows N install and not having all of (or maybe not up to date) windows media player files/codecs available. I think NK would suffer from the same issues. Fixable by install the Media Feature Pack, available here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/mediafeaturepack

I had specific errors in my logs pointing to it, but it might be worth trying for others too.

All I get is a black screen and mouse pointer. Good i7 pc, english windows 10, all drivers and updates okay. Downloaded twice once on ssd once hdd. Tried both nvidia 1070ti and integrated graphics card. F12 menu opens on black screen but that does not work too. Could not even report the problem. Oh and tried alt-enter, esc, administrator mode and all. Never seen such a problem since commodore64 broken casette player. guys you delayed the release date several times so the game would be perfect. Wtf is this?

im running 1909 so there is no media pack for that version.
but i have same windows version on laptop and it works there.

Checking the logs i see this:

Fallback handler could not load library C:/Program Files/Epic Games/PhoenixPoint/PhoenixPointWin64_Data/Mono/EOSSDK-Win64-Shipping
Fallback handler could not load library C:/Program Files/Epic Games/PhoenixPoint/PhoenixPointWin64_Data/Mono/EOSSDK-Win64-Shipping.dll
Fallback handler could not load library C:/Program Files/Epic Games/PhoenixPoint/PhoenixPointWin64_Data/Mono/EOSSDK-Win64-Shipping
Fallback handler could not load library C:/Program Files/Epic Games/PhoenixPoint/PhoenixPointWin64_Data/Mono/libEOSSDK-Win64-Shipping
Fallback handler could not load library C:/Program Files/Epic Games/PhoenixPoint/PhoenixPointWin64_Data/Mono/libEOSSDK-Win64-Shipping.dll
Fallback handler could not load library C:/Program Files/Epic Games/PhoenixPoint/PhoenixPointWin64_Data/Mono/libEOSSDK-Win64-Shipping
Plugins: Failed to load ‘C:/Program Files/Epic Games/PhoenixPoint/PhoenixPointWin64_Data/Plugins/EOSSDK-Win64-Shipping.dll’ with error 'The specified module could not be found.
'.

(Filename: Line: 233)

Fallback handler could not load library C:/Program Files/Epic Games/PhoenixPoint/PhoenixPointWin64_Data/Mono/EOSSDK-Win64-Shipping.dll
Fallback handler could not load library C:/Program Files/Epic Games/PhoenixPoint/PhoenixPointWin64_Data/Mono/libEOSSDK-Win64-Shipping.dll
DllNotFoundException: EOSSDK-Win64-Shipping
at (wrapper managed-to-native) Epic.OnlineServices.Platform.PlatformInterface.EOS_Initialize(Epic.OnlineServices.Platform.InitializeOptions_&)
at Epic.OnlineServices.Platform.PlatformInterface.Initialize (Epic.OnlineServices.Platform.InitializeOptions options) [0x00042] in <3d645eeedcf842338c01771499c7d3b7>:0
at Base.Platforms.Epic.PlatformEpic.Init () [0x00040] in <3d645eeedcf842338c01771499c7d3b7>:0
at Base.Platforms.PlatformComponent.Initialize () [0x00033] in <3d645eeedcf842338c01771499c7d3b7>:0
at Base.Defs.DefineableBehavior.CallInitialize () [0x00009] in <3d645eeedcf842338c01771499c7d3b7>:0
at Base.Defs.DefineableBehavior.Awake () [0x00015] in <3d645eeedcf842338c01771499c7d3b7>:0

What i can see, there is no MONO folder in Win64_Data.

I dont have the other laptop here to compare to so can someone else?

edit: laptop that runs the game does not have the mono folder either.
what i can see, the dirs are exactly the same on both machines.

The file is in the path, tried to copy from laptop but still same error.

"Plugins: Failed to load ‘C:/Program Files/Epic Games/PhoenixPoint/PhoenixPointWin64_Data/Plugins/EOSSDK-Win64-Shipping.dll’ with error 'The specified module could not be found.
'.

(Filename: Line: 233)"

is above the lines previously.

Tried copy the EOSSDK-Win64-Shipping.dll to mono folder, then i get a new message in log:

It appears that the file is corrupt or has something wrong with it. It is related to epic SDK, so i guess its a connection to Epic game store that fails:

(Filename: C:\buildslave\unity\build\Runtime/Export/Debug.bindings.h Line: 45)

Plugins: Failed to load ‘C:/Program Files/Epic Games/PhoenixPoint/PhoenixPointWin64_Data/Plugins/EOSSDK-Win64-Shipping.dll’ with error 'The specified module could not be found.
'.

'.

DllNotFoundException: EOSSDK-Win64-Shipping

My mind it’s blowing , how can this isn’t resolved already

I am having the same issue. I wish there were some Devs to tell us about this problem. I am still waiting for a solution.

Install game on the other drive than you have system or program files.

game installed on different drive than system files. running gtx960 nvidia gpu