Auto pick up loot after fight please

Yeah, and it put me right off engineers too. It’s a pain when you kill your last enemy and you’ve forgotten to pick up your turret :rage:

I played all the 3 of them (math/shock/light) and yes, even those “barebones” handled that feature and some more. This is a bit unsettling to have this topic one month before release…

Personally I hope it is a bug, when BB5 was first released the autopick up was present, that changed after the update of BB5. Since then it is dissabled or broken.

I don’t think it is a bug. Bug is when there some mechanic should work, but it isn’t working as intended. BB5 just doesn’t have picking loot from the ground mechanic. I wonder when they will apply that feature. I have high hopes for full release in December.

And update of BB5 didn’t changed anything. From what I have seen there are 4 cases:

• loot in boxes on scavenge mission - you will autocollect all of that
  • loot in boxes on haven defence missions - you will only autocollect loot from boxes you have opened (you don’t need to pick items to your backpack - just look into the crate), those items belong to the faction you are defending so this is why you don’t collect it until you search the crate (probably it will be punishing you in full version of the game just like for stealing from faction)
  • loot on the ground - you need to manually pick up anything you want to take (autoloot is not implemented yet, or maybe there will be some intricate mechanic to barter for those items with local faction… but on scavenge missions it should be autolooted)
  • bonus loot - game sometimes messes things up and gives you duplicates of items from crates, or even sometimes from your own backpacks and hands (this is probably bug, where game doesn’t recognize what you have brought to the mission, and what was initially in the crates)

EDIT: All turrets and drones which were deployed are considered as loot on the ground. But you need a technician to manually collect turrets. Drones can’t be taken back right now.

I feel like you should have the option to not leave the map if you cleared everything, and if you are in a base maybe put a limit on the turns you can remain after the mission is cleared, 2-3 turns would be nice, you can justify it by saying ‘We are confirming the kills’ to the the folks who own the base. A neat mechanic though could be to have some kind of karma system where if you do a ton of looting after clearing the base you get less positive rep with the factions.

3 Likes

I like that idea