With the new patch you ruined the game - jan,16

personally I feel its a step in the right direction. but I do hope that this is only a taste of what is to come because the game is riddled with balance problems both pro and con players advantage.

-I don’t know if the mortar chirons nerf is going to be effective enough 60X5 vs 50X5 still means a badly crippled or instantly dead team, and if the outcome of a situation is exactly the same, the nerf didn’t do much.
-RB nerf actually isn’t half bad, personally I’d have hit it even harder…still we are looking at ~600-900 potential damage without factoring in +% damage buffs or multipliers. so it will generally kill off sirens and cut of a large chunk of a chiron or scylla.
-QA nerf, again I would have hit it harder…the utility of being able to squeeze off more shots and the ability to secure kills at longer range where not to be underestimated.
-dash nerf, well I did feel it needed to cost “time” to move anywhere so I completely understand the AP cost. I would have however made it a turn long effect that boosts spd by 100%, rather then allowing it to move you 3 AP’s worth of movement.
-I’m surprised they went after armor penetrating weapons, not that the piranha and raven where bad to begin with. but their overall impact wasn’t that bad compared to other more pressing balance problems.

next up though I’d advice mixing in more player beneficial balance changes, notably improvement to the DoT status effects (viral, burn and acid, and their relevant weapons), vehicles, AR’s, melee weapons, heavy armor and the ludicrously high casualty rate and low yield of mid-late game resource crates.
And I’d really like to see 1 more player side aspect nerfed, (100%) stealth (and stealth+ loud weapon interaction.)

3 Likes

I was more worry on the aiming nerf quite increased. Let me guess all your soldiers wear sniper armor setN

I have a mixed feeling about the patch. It goes in the good direction but I disagree with the aim nerf.

I think a class should be effective with his own equipement. If you follow this rules and look at RB.

Sniper with sniper rifle and sniper armor:
Aim = 100 + 50 (armor) + 30 (skill) = 180
With RG => 130

Assault with shotgun and assault armor:
Aim = 100 + 0-16 (armor) = 100-116
With RG => 50-66

Heavy with heavy weapon and heavy armor:
Aim = 100 - 30 (armor) = 70
With RG => 20

RB is an heavy skill that cannot be used with heavy equipment.

I like to see an heavy hit a cow in a corridor. The heavy don’t have enough aim. It need sniper armor, sniper weapon or sniper skills. That is wrong.

Heavy armor having reduced speed and aim is logical. After all the weight reduces precise handling. But heavy weapons do not suffer for precise handling. They suffer from their weight and recoil. The recoil is reduced by the weight and strenght of the handler. The stability coming from the weight of the armor should help balancing the weight of the weapon.

Why not keeping the -10 aim per armor pieces but adding 10-15 aim with heavy weapon. Having bonus aim for specific weapon is an existing mechanism. So it would not be difficult to implement.

Heavy with heavy weapon and heavy armor:
Aim = 100 +0-15 (armor) = 100-115
With RG => 50-65

1 Like

Just a though concerning the explosive chiron. 50 damage instead of 60 is a good nerf.

With 60 damage only the NJ heavy armor could handle 3 hits without having head of arms diseabled.

Now you need 22 armor to be able to do it.
First hit: 28 damage and -3 armor
Second hit: 31 damage and -3 armor
for a total of 59 damage (1 less than head or arms HP)

if you look at damage with 22 armor and the hit neead to diseable body parts.
Before with two grenades: 38+41 = 79 damage
Now with 3 grenades: 28+31+34 = 93 damage

Well a base Heavy with a full armor set can miss a cow in a corridor at short medium range. The computing is fake.

But I know already that the aim penalty to Quick Aim and RB would have hurt some builds in my previous campaign, Sniper and Heavy. Moreover some other rare builds with Heavy and Machinegun would have been hurt for RB, same some some other Assault/Heavy. Dev is pushing to what is already a wrong approach many players tend overuse, averyone on sniper armor set.

If SR needs a nerf it’s the wrong way, it hurts more other weapons when you target aim, or some more original sniper builds.

So true, they ruined it. I’m stopping this and will switch back to Xcom2. No reason to suffer or restart an already long campaign. What a bunch of idiots.
Oh and Lorifel, you’re full of it >.<

2 Likes

In the patch they have not reduce aim to nerf sniper rifle but to nerf sniper skills used with low precision weapons. It is clearly writen. So I agree the aim nerf is very bad and done to not hurt sniper rifle but any other weapons.

But in other hand, needing sniper skills to compensate for inbalanced aim with other class or weapon was just a band aid.

The over use of snipers skills, snipers armor or snipers rifle comes from too low aim. The heavy is and obvious exemple. But the assault rifle is another one. With more aim you can focus more on weak spots and compensate for the low damage per shot. Multiclassing assault with sniper was a solution to be able to use assault rifle in mid range.

nope while I don’t wear full heavy set 99% of the time, as a -45% accuracy penalty is extreme when facing smaller targets. I tend to substitute for assault legs and a sniper helmet, as I actually value movement tiles more then I do +% accuracy. I usually keep the heavy body for its greater protection of the troopers arms and the jetpack functionality.

I tend to use RB for chirons and scylla, something I expect the majority of the other players use it for as well…these targets are roughly the size of a small building. so with the heavy weapons I have a decent chance of connecting the shots.

but I have to confess that my suggestion didn’t decrease RB accuracy, it would have just greatly reduced its damage potential by reducing the shot count even more.

With Quick Aim Nerf it’s cleat that some more original build are totally broken. I know many players wanted remove the aim bonus to quick aim because of the realism.

But it is short sighted and badly damaging builds choices. Very bad nerf.

Dev lost the aiming I suspect a bug in their players actions report tool, they don’t see the overuse of sniper stuff, that’s weird.

1 Like

Heavy weapons? You mean only Cannon Hell with improved aim. You clearly never used other heavy weapons nor builds fcused on solid armor and I don’t mean the heavy armor set.

you assume a lot about my playstyle good sir. but let me entertain you, what if I never used any other heavy weapon with rage burst? does that suddenly change how RB functions or what it does. and so what if I never focused or even used heavy armor and dressed everyone is full acheron. what point would you have had in the off chance you where actually right, that sniper gear has too large a boost to accuracy, that you can hit far off targets with the current RB if you do that?..yes…and it doesn’t take much of a genius to realize that.

with rage burst I do use the hellcannon most of the time, without any other forms of aim assist apart from the sniper helmet. but I have used it with the deceptor as well (we are looking at rectal exam level range here, but that thing is devastating if it connects into 1 zone), I don’t think there is much use in using rage burst with a rocketlauncher, grenadelauncher or flamethrower and I honestly didn’t even try if its possible with these weapons. I think with the skill being on the heavy tree, these 2 weapons are the ones the skills are supposed to be used with…if you want to RB with a flamethrower, let me know how it pans out…

and no I never focused on heavy armor, I have to be honest here and say that I feel that it 90% of the cases, armor doesn’t really help me. the heavy body protects effectively against burn damage and allows some human AR to plink off while also giving me an extra movement option and a mounted weapon slot…but other then that most armor upgrades (be it armor pieces or mutations) have too many downsides relative to the upsides of lighter gear

have you ever focused on heavy armor, because I really can’t see much use for it in the current game. if you are asking me if I feel player armor should get some buffs I’d agree. and I agree I never focused on mutation based heavy armor soldiers…they look bad…and I didn’t feel like gimping myself even more while avoiding a minefield of OP-builds. if you want an armor focused players perspective…you “clearly” have to look elsewhere, but I think you will have a hard time finding many.

Sure it’s guess but you don’t deny anything, and the reason of my guess is your RB explanation are plain wrong with other builds or Machinegun.

So -10% penalty, plus -50% penalty? Lol, it seems you forget start of game with Heavy and -30% penalty. Look better your arguing is plain wrong. You probably don’t realize your Heavy get some other aiming bonus or you put Chiron in same bag than Scylla, or it’s very close range.

It will never ever connect 1 zone even scylla without point blank or close, and even -30% penalty, so at -60% it point blank or nothing or pointless.

You are right for other heavy weapons, I thought there was more, but ok I don’t see more for RB. Ok I’ll try FT RB. :slight_smile: Deserved punishment. :slight_smile:

Let say we agree for Scylla and Cannon the nerf is pushing not use long range but it’s still effective.

On anything less let agree to disagree.

to be sure you are the person trying to tell me that the current rage burst cannot take a significant chunk out of a scylla or chiron? and that I am wrong in making this statement because not every single rage burst build can take a significant chunk out of said pandorans?

if this is the case then yes, pistol RB’s won’t do “a significant chunk of damage” to a scylla. but that will make any sort of argument regarding the potency of the skill moot if it has to apply to every single possible combination. the significant chunk was based on HC and snipers primarily

sniper helmet, assault leggings like I stated in the previous post, the one you originally quoted… I don’t count a 0% aim penalty from the leggings as an aim assist. the total RB penalty will still be close to 50%, so its not going to be extremely accurate either way…but that has very little to do with the skills damage potential.

I bolded the relevant quote part for you. I don’t think rectal exams are long range, I think that does indeed qualify as point blank. though it does paint a funny mental image.

I never stated that the current -50% accuracy RB would be able to deal with large pandorans at long range…I did state that it still deals a lot of damage, and I would have hammered its damage dealing ability even more… I actually think we both have a very similar view on what the ability can do, just a different agreement on the question if that is “balanced” correctly.

and naturally we can agree to disagree on that and the value of heavy armor. the forum got an influx of new forumites that felt like the balance got shot in the foot with the last patch…so I don’t think your the only one to disagree with my perspective that the patch is generally a step in the right direction. but provided we can all remain civil, this breeds the discussions you want on a forum.

No, but I won’t enter in the loop.

Let say we agree for Scylla and Cannon the nerf is pushing not use long range but it’s still effective mid range or long range with aiming increase.

On anything less let agree to disagree.

It ruined my game also. I play on rookie and it is quite hard for rookie like me. Now by starting new game 3 times I started to learn how things works and it got a little easier. So far I never even got the chance to try Priest. I just got my first one at lvl1. Now its his first mission and its made impossible with new patch. And I hate the idea that I need to start yet another new game to “reset” difficulty level. I should have never put automatical update in Epic launcher.
Devs: Dont make this game a new “Dark souls” for me please.
Ah and yes I stoped playing. Waiting for resolution that doesnt include me starting new game.

1 Like

It’s harder, I’ll suggest:

• Firstly a low down on number of Priest, the reason is each will need more Skill Points from global pool.
  • Don’t target huge high will too soon, you need focus on speed a lot too. So high will high speed. This will be enough to already open a lot more use cases.
  • Think Berzerker armors for significant extra speed.
  • For more flexibility like before, ensure have one or two Rally, and sometimes use one to help the priest too. The hard point of Rally is you need a global team thinking, use it just for the priest is inefficient. But with more practice it will become more natural.
  • Gave up pick all Priest skills to stop eat that much global skill points. Sure but which one, not sure yet.

In case you didn’t knew the game can be launched without Epic Launcher, I never ever noticed any additional bug from doing it.

I have a copy of the game directory prior to the patch. I simply restored it and disabled auto update. If you are interested, I can try to upload it somewhere. Then you could finish your campaign without all the nerfing changes. (pun intended: “nerven” in German actually means “to annoy” :wink:

Interesting, is it going to restore into previous state…I mean is it going to restore all things had been change? in my case I’ve previous save version before the patch and they all overwrite with the new things once updated.

Yes, it should. I couldn’t load a savegame in battle, but a savegame from geoscape worked all right. And everything is as it was.

Niceee! may I have your save game @spitfire_ch. So I can continue to finish my previous build, been 3 days on previous version and wasted, no fun at all :rofl:. Thanks.