Where do you prefer to buy PC games?

Hi all. I was wondering where most people buy PC games? It is clear that for consoles they mainly buy in original stores like playstation or xbox . Although there you can buy for a PC, but I have not met such people. A lot of my friends buy games on steam , some from difmark or some other sites. In short, there are many options. I’m curious to know which services do you prefer? Which one do you trust more? Or is it just the price? (because that’s basically all that matters to me). By the way, now all games will rise in price, presumably on all platforms due to inflation. What do you think about it? I think the gaming crisis is starting

Well, I use GoG and EGS. The reason is that I know the purchases I made will work offline.

The game purchase price crisis has loomed how long now ? 5 years … nope, checked it again, it was 10 years ago… 129 € for special edition of x, coming with a toy and a code.

1 Like

EGS purchases work offline!? How do you do that? In my case Steam and GOG. Price based.

If I can I try to buy on GOG due to their DRM free policy - that is however tricky as rarely games come to GOG on day one.

So most of the time steam it is - robust platform with quite a few useful features and even more that I care nothing for. I keep an eye on GreenMan Gaming as one can get a better deal there without having to worry about buying a dodgily obtained key. I used to use Humble but it’s been a while since I bought anything there. Bundles have been pretty weak, and shop rarely offers a deal that I couldn’t get through Steam.

Most of the time I buy my games on Steam.

In addition to those already mentioned.

GreenManGaming - often have decent deals on - Steam keys.
GOG - the only place to find a lot of older games but plenty of new ones too. All DRM free downloads.
The Humble Store - not just bundles they also sell a lot of games now - Steam keys.
sonnerie: https://sonneriesgratuite.com/

I used to prefer to buy games from a physical store like Bestbuy since I like collecting the game disc and boxes, and it saves me time by not needing to download ringtones free games.

I prefer Steam now that there are not many retail PC games for sale.

You simply download the game via EGS, then start it from the .exe, without launching the EGS.

Steam. But the Epic Store has a lot of good freebies and let me tell you, we will never have a shortage of game-owning licenses to dish out. Especially digital stuff.

I used to prefer to buy games from a physical store like Bestbuy since I like collecting the game disc and boxes, and it saves me time by not needing to download games.

Steam, I wouldn’t bother with anywhere else.

GOG because the games there got no DRM thus easy to be modded and thus modders can quickly make mods for the games from GOG making the games much more fun or challenging, PLOT mods included of course lol.

Mainly Steam and GOG these days. If the option exists, I choose GOG over Steam.

Steam, Origin and UPLAY mainly. Then I get free ones when they pop up on GOG, Humble Bundle and others.