What is the Phoenix Project's "gimmick?"

I’m with Mecha on this one the Phoenix Project already exists as an entity before the game and has been around in some form for 100ish years by the time the game begins. so the should have some form of aesthetic and culture to differentiate themselves from the other factions but overtime as you evolve the faction so to shout your aesthetic to match your style and alliances to create a unique look for your soldiers equipment and havens. so even if you ally exclusively with one faction The Phoenix Project still Should be distinguishable both in look and game play from their ally.

I fully understand your point, and it’s precisely what I’m objecting to: some sort of implied specialization. It should be up to the player, whether it manifests in technological choices and character customization options or even as a blatant “choose your gimmick” screen at the start. We should start with an empty shell, as you describe it, but then immediately be given options, preferably in a way that goes beyond pure aesthetics. It’s one of those things I always wished previous titles had done better, but this all may just be a result of my preference for broad tech trees as opposed to deep

2 Likes

So a number of us on the discord have been proofreading briefing #6 today. It should be out officially in a few days.

I won’t say more for spoiler reasons, and because it isn’t officially out yet.

1 Like

Trump will be vice president of PP? :wink:

no, he wouldn’t have survived to the PP timeline. :stuck_out_tongue:

As a rebel mutant escaping Disciples he could. :wink:

okay, we are getting off topic

1 Like

To get back on topic I made this image in another thread but it summarizes my feelings on this subject matter:

PSX_20180914_143532

2 Likes

I think your representation is kind of right, even though it feels like NJ would be the best representation of a Paladin, while Synedrion seems more the good Druid.

the thing is, none of the factions are evil, with the exception of possibly the PV, but even then until we know what their motives actually are, we are seeing spots in the dark.

The tolerance/mutation axes are better but labeling someone who has mutated as less human just because they’ve been infected is a very NJ thing to do. Uninfected-mutated would be more accurate.

I was gonna go with that but the alliteration was just too enticing to pass up. Remove the D&D descriptive adjectives in alignment and replace with the adjectives I provided and it it should make more sense.

So what do you think now after briefing 6? :slight_smile: Satisfied? :slight_smile:

I like the nested stories of From the Ashes and whole ideology of constant fight against the odds. All the stories related to the past characters like Persian philosophers or French general are great for me. Even information about strange caves scattered around the world and how Pandoravirus made reappearance is interesting. I also like little things like “2028 Switzerland Border Accord” :slight_smile: Would love to see Phoenix Project haven on Pilatus in Switzerland. :wink:

I wonder if The Bloke and The Chap survived there

It’s out, it is?

Let me read it and get back to you on that.

Please put spoiler warnings next time. Some of us are behind on the “required reading.”

We also have spoiler tags, they’re (spoiler)(/spoiler) but replace the parentheses with square brackets :smiley:

ok, but was there any significant spoiler in my post? i will edit that part if you point me what should not be written like that :slight_smile:

1 Like

I just got to Barnabas in the briefings.

I think enough time has past that I don’t need to use spoiler tags, but I’m going to anyways

The Phoenix Project’s gimmick seems to the whole scientist soldier deal, or as said in briefing #6, “warrior scholars” or “NASA with guns”

Also historians. Writing books or papers about the past. :slightly_smiling_face: