Vehicles reworked

December 3rd

TyVm fer yer info… Xd

after playing fer a lot…lol…and after BnT was out, i must once again “stress the nead for:”

maybe “recycle” some of the 1sceneEncounters (like the market, abandoned havens and stuff), other than that I must say I’m satisfied so far, BUTT,…the story side of BnT was, aside from short, unimpactfull, like “hy we here for help/KKnD, you help…?” then “HAHA WE KILL ALL 'UMMIES” and “STOP US IF YO…(dying gurgly sounds mixed w sizzly mettallic sounds)”…

…since they can “become our next (grumpy) neighbour” how about giving the players a bit more freedom (not sayin to make a faction outa them…) but how about at least the ability to choose “Frenemies or Just Enemies” mission endings.
If we end up Frenemies, we steer clear from each other in general, but are still enemies so skirmishes or sabotages by either us or them is still commonplace (treat as Pandoran attacking our base)
If we end up Just Enemies (we kill S24) then there is no negotiation, Just WAAAGGHHH!!!
:grin: :joy: :crazy_face:

this can be said of the Forsaken as well, unless “they be just mindless ghouls out for flesh ‘n’ blood”…
in which case they both may occupy an abandoned/destroyed haven and become a “half-faction”

other than that any extra Weapon/Armor attachment is more than welcome same as extra skills/possibilities, so KEEP UP THE NICELY DUN JOB!!! :+1:

first things first… the new prologue/tutorial is awesomesaucely great and i like it far more than then the previous 1.
that said, and after building/using the shield in game i must again stress the need for weapon attachments (as written in my previous posts).
the shield uses 1 hand, so why can’t a soldier “attach a 1handed weapon or pistol to it”? this would give the soldier the option to fire the pistol while hiding behind the shield (at a penalty to ACC off course)
having a melee weapon & shield combo could be great for berserkers.
aditionaly, a soldier could wield 2 pistols and shoot akimbo (less ACC more DAM), or have 2 1handed melee weapons for more DAM (but at an increased AP cost)
…etc.
the game keeps evolving in a direction i very much like btw, and it is my belief that weapon attachments would bring out even more potential out of an already awesomesauce game…
KEEP UP THE AWESOME WORK…KUDOS 2 U!!!
:metal: :+1: :love_you_gesture:

after having enjoyed FS so far (the interception minigame is really well done. i expected “just a remake of UFO / Terror from the Deep” mechanics, but i’m very glad i was wrong!! :smiley: ) i am extremely pleased with how more “whole” the game feels. Props as well for the new sniper rifle!
that said, here is a few things extra that i can think of:

*Crouch near Shieldmate - make the soldiers treat a “shieldmate” as a “low-cover terrain” effectively crouching down when near a squadmate with a DEPLOYED shield

*More Personal Perks - see previous posts

*Faction Perks - perks given to faction-specific soldiers, such as (for example):

NJ:
-Gauss Fanatic: may use any “starting gauss weapon” (pistol, rifle, PDW, assault, minigun), with bonuses/penalties
-Adrenaline Junkie: may use jump jets
-“Mutie” Hater: +20% damage vs. Pandorans and Anu
-BURN! mutie: +10% dam with flamer/incendiary grenade

SYN
-Hunter: may use crossbow
-Saboteur: may use drone launcher
-Heavy Duty Materials (HDM): +2 to all armor (every body part gets a +2 bonus to it’s armor value)
-Poison Mastery: similar to Biochemist, but deals poison damage.

ANU
-Blessing of the Dead God (1 AP,3 will): either a debuff, or damage skill
-Spreading the Disease: may use viral weapons…bonus / penalties…
-Herald of the Exalted: similar to War Cry, but gives a bonus of +5-10% accuracy to friendlies in radius
-Lord of Flies (2 AP, 4 Will): summons a swarm of flies at target location that reduce accuracy and movement to all who are inside the AoE (friend and foe alike). lasts 2 turns.
…or something along these lines.

*Inventory “issues” - kinda small inventory space…maybe do it like in UFO / Terror ftD, where you could put “small stuff” like medikit, ammo, (motion scanner…lol), on your Belt, or Shoulder/Tight pocket…

*Ground Vehicles - most i said already…just an added thought…GVs stationed at a faction outpost could “negotiate ceasefire” when another faction (NJ, SYN, ANU) attacks (like “bribe the buggers to bugger off!” so we, PP, can have a bit more time before we all die…lol). we try to save them all, but nooooo, they kill each other off…lol…so this would in essence be just us “buying some more time”.

*Friendlies AI - make “our boyos” less inclined to run into the enemy’s embrace, and more “shooting orientated”…

…other than that, keep up the awesome work!

1 Like

Nice proposals, but I am sure 0.000001 % will get through

1 Like

well, if even that much get through it’s still gonna make me happy having contributed to a game i like very much.
:grin:

1 Like

Only devs CAN contribute with new bugs! Council and we serve to serve!

dunno about that…it’s just that most devs don’t do it 'cause then those that suggested said stuff “could ask for stuff in return”, as i heard from another dev.
that’s why i put the text at the beginning …about freely being usable…
as that dev said (“it’s a lawyer’s world”). with that text from the beginning of this thread that (expecting smt in return) becomes void and the devs can use this info without fear of “having to pay or whatnot”

besides, just knowing i helped make a great game better is more than enough for me…
:grin:

1 Like

Hope dies last. My suggestion is to use official tool, not forum and prey to PP Dev god’s (Perun?) A lot

hahhahahahah …the 0.ooooooo1%
:grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

Extra mission types

a few suggestions regarding Factions/Their Wars/Diplomacy…

Faction mission against neutral heavens - same as neutral havens get to target havens, factions might want to target a specific neutral haven…with more and more NPCs from neutral havens requesting our help, the opposite could also become available (anu ask you to wipe “the guy that offended the exalted and all his people”, synedrion could ask for espionage, NJ for assasination, …etc.). thus, a few tweaks could also help some other classes shine (a priest making “puppet-assasins”, or the infiltrator class…)

Sabotage - as the name implies, infrastructure is targeted (combo sabot/ration…“blow that sh*t up without being noticed, so we can blame it on those other guyz…”)

Infiltration - similar to the 1. BnT mission, information (or specific loot…) is sought after and combat is either not incouraged or not wanted (for example, -6 faction pts if found out, -2 all factions since they accuse each other back and forth…could be used to start a war between factions depending on current standing between factions).

Assassination - a specific target needs to eliminated, and the rest is left to the player’s discretion (or a combo assass/filtration ONLY the target has to die…).

Anihilation - literally wipe out a haven…soldiers and civilians…

Interception speed - it would really help if the interception could be a bit more friendly as in having something akin to UFO/Terror having Cautious/Normal/Aggressive interception modes (as it is now would be the Normal). IIRC cautious would allow you to “safely shoot a the buggers” if your weapons had greater range (so it was the aliens that had to chase you to be able to return fire), while the Aggressive mode would be the pilot going “pedal to the metal”, but DEF would suffer or smt…

addendum 13. 06.

*Mist Sentinel Slaver / “Zombie” - a little smaller than common sentinels (looks like a sentinel without the central part) slaver sentinels also produce mist same as the common version. the difference is that:
-the slaver mist does not heal friendlies, but soldiers loose 2 WILL per turn spent inside.
-if WILL drops to 0 the soldier / faction soldier / civilian(s) is/are automatically Mind Controlled until the main body is destroyed and/or the victim exits the mist, +2 turns, or smt.
note that as long as the main body is alive there is no max number of controllable targets and the victim(s) will not leave the mist willingly. once the MB dies the +2 extra turns take effect and the victims will go berserk and attack the closest target (friend or foe) in sight ()

• Slaver Arms - slaver mist version for tritons…maybe have it still take only 1 WILL per turn, but the slaver effect is the same…?

• Combat Stimms & Clips / Slot - if something like a belt for storing “small stuff” is un-doable, then at least consider allowing “more of the same per slot”, for example:

• 3/slot - all pistol clips (except Anu hand cannon), Combat Stimms (give a 2-3 turns boost to a stat, then a 1 turn penalty to same stat or a different one…).
  • 2/slot - Anu hand cannon clip, all Non-heavy weapon clips, Medikit, Rockets for the Maunted Launcher (iirc the rockets take 1 slot per rocket and u need 2 for full reload…)
  • 1/slot - all heavy weapons clips, everything else not mentioned before like weapons and stuff…

:grin: :exploding_head: :space_invader:

1. o6.
  • props for the new GL for assaults, though it’s a little “too good”. with a sniper’s quickshot it becomes even better. maybe make it 2 AP? :grin:
1 Like

TRITON Torso variant/mutation suggestion

Hornet based - Ability: Hover - by sacrificing 1 AP every turn, the Triton can hover in mid-air…increases FoV / Perception, but the Triton has 0 cover (naturally). Scouting and Ambush primarily, fall damage applies where applicable, but disabling 1 wing allows them to “half land” (like half damage or smt.).

CRABMAN Torso variation/mutation suggestion

CrabTon - Ability: CC Shredder - based on the “Successful Triton Series ( :grin:)” this mutation gives a second pair of arms for a total of 4! the additional arms are however somewhat smaller and only pincer variations have been seen, thus shredder. still, this allows a crabman to use it’s “main arms” as MGs and/or GL variants, while still having a melee option…not to be underestimated… :grin: