"Unequip all" / "Make all available" why missing?

That’s false arguing, the only thing to fix is the text in my point of view, you have another opinion fine, but let other with another opinion explain it, seriously.

That the text could be fixed was no problem for me, but some started argue it’s impossible, non sense, and it’s proved now.

Do you even understand what OP is talking about? You teleportation explanation has zero relevance to “Un-equip All / Make all available” function…

I was commenting the arguing done in the thread, which derailed on not having items teleport. OP post is long just to request a button… :slight_smile:

For just adding the button, I still have my opinion, that it pushes to bad gameplay and encourage exploits of naked teams. I admit your opinion is as much valid on that button. :slight_smile:

There is nothing wrong with the writing from what is there: an explanation is only benefitial in this case as it is currently quite natural to assume that the game is designed around a shared invetory hub.

I prefer the original system that is based around weight and full segregation of capacity but having played a lot with the remake, I mostly assumed that this is how the player is expected to operate right after I noticed this is possible and especially after I saw the manufacturing price of armor and weapons and how some aliens with explosives can wipe a squad in a single turn - hence the question why there was no unequip all button

If combined with a hidden filter only alloving ammo, any of the explanations is good enough to adress the main issue of making it clear to the player how the game should operate. I prefer 3D printing explanation as it make it intuitive to recognise why larger and/or more complex items are not replicated (like APC ammo) but if someone puts realism in the front it is also acceptable as it is already possible even today to produce simple handguns this way

Explanation is only half of it: implementing a hidden filter to only show ammo would resolve the rest (like I said this is a workaround for minimal effort, I still profer the original weight system :))

Also note: in case any restriction is implemented at this point, difficulty is to be expected to increase considerably for those who didnt really think abouth this and just used the system every now and then - this is where balancing comes into play and I have a sneaking suspicion that the current balance is at least somewhat geared towards the fact that the player makes use of this exploit

So if it’s just about having a button, I already agreed that I just can avoid use it if I don’t want it.

My opinion was more meta, it will push to naked teams that in my opinion isn’t the original design of the game.

Alas the long arguing shown no clear solution to the problem, force not use naked teams without removing all the building flexibility of the current system. So ok those who want play naked teams will do and I won’t, it’s not a so bad agreement. :slight_smile:

The button would be the solution if the shared hub is inentional and game balance is designed around it

Checked out the actual cost of armor (playing on Normal, mostly producing them from special weapons and mixed-role soldiers): A single base Assault Armor set costs as much as the most expensive building. A team of 6 fully equipped with armor and weapons should cost as much as 1.5-2 fully built bases. A plane can be produced for the equipment cost of 2.5-3 soldiers of various roles: a team that does not yet seem combat effective on Normal difficulty (not counting tier 7 perks)

Considering that:

1. Soldiers arrive naked when recruited on higher difficulties
  2. The enemies seem to be designed to be able get in a few kill every now and then (not that bad as in the original but more so then in the remake)
  3. Equipment is bar far the most expensive asset type compared to ammo, recruitment, base buildings, APCs and planes
  4. Clearly it is expected that the player fields serveral fullt equipped planes (based on normal enemy progression and scale-up of attack forces agaisn havens
  5. Ambushes are specifically designed to get a few kills on the player side
  6. Equipment can break down
    I can only assume that the common shared hub is at least partially intentional unless the idea is to send some half and fully naked soldiers into a large portion of battles (which in might also well be the case of course). Yes, the original also had considerable casualty rates on the player side but equipment there was much cheaper compared to infrastructure and planes

Yes there are a number of things tha can be done (lore, filter, button) but ideally the player should not make the call when it is “appropriate” to swap a sniper rifle or heavy armor set mid-flight between teams.

Considering the above it would be itneresting to hear from players who have not used this mechanic once or only for ammo in a full playthrough what their experience regarding balance was

I hardly ever use that mechanic. I currently run 2 teams, Lvl7 A and Lvl4/6 B, who each have their own unique weapons and armour, which I very deliberately don’t swap between them.

I have also only Restarted and replayed a Mission 2 or 3 times in my entire playthrough. And I refuse to use ‘broken’ cheeses like Sniper Rage Burst or 100% Infiltrators (I max out my Infiltrators at 75%, and suffer a LOT of Infiltrator attrition because of it). I take my losses when I get them and would rather bug out of a mission and regroup to try again than Restart and ‘win’ it first time round. My maximum casualty rate so far has been 50% on a particularly hard Haven Defence against a Scylla and Sniper Tritons with 6x40HP Crabbie MGs, using my B Team.

Inerestingly, I have only ever encountered 5 Sirens on a Lair mission once, with a max of 3 on the map at any one time. Sirens have now all but vanished from my encounters. I dealt with my first Explosive Chiron a couple of missions ago. And the maximum number of Crabbies I have so far encountered is around 12-15, though it usually hovers around 10.

I’m still on my first playthrough, on Heroic, with an ODI hovering around 40%.

Never played something else than Normal then Easy so all teams are equipped, I don’t bother give the current best shotgun to all team with swapping, still I regularly change teams and some or their equipment. I have currently 7 level 7 teams but 6 are vehicle and 3 soldiers, most stuff is done with 2 planes if no urgency case. Last team is a Tiamat attempt, I doubt dev designed something useful here.

I already met Explosive Chirons, max number of Chirons I remind was 3, and for Sirens 5. Max I remind was Haven defense, Scylla, 2 Chiron, 4 Sirens, lost the only building to defend (because of dam crabs was close but it doesn’t change much between 10% and 0%. But saved the Haven.

EDIT: I don’t remind the number of attempts, full world explored but 3 locations.

Heheh wow came back to a lit up thread… oof. I mean really I don’t care how they fix it so long as the fix promotes immersion in the game world personally. YMMV and for some here it clearly does and that’s ok too.

I really don’t get this. I took update 1.6 as an indication that the game probably lost its roughest edges by now, and recently started my first campaign. Rough edges (bugs, that is) I still encountered. Also, a mixture of bad mission placement and not being familiar with mechanics led me to a ‘dead end’ by resource drain.

Anyhow, for the fun times I (still!) had, the ever-reoccuring task of unequipping troops item by item felt like the biggest drag, gameplay- and immersion-wise…

2 Likes

Funny I noticed myself doing this more than I remember on my latest play-through as well until I just eventually equipped everyone by repeat-raiding an ANU haven for tech and trading it for the materials I needed so I could avoid the headache outright.

I believe that someday this will be completely cut out of the game. It’s just ridiculous and stupid to teleport across continents instantly no matter what … PS. I always buy equipment for absolutely every soldier and do not experience any particular problems in materials. And yes, I never raid factions. Legendary difficulty.

I believe that someday this will be completely cut out of the game. It’s just ridiculous and stupid to teleport across continents instantly no matter what …

As indicated by other postings, global storage is a ‘realism’ / role-play issue you may want to consider independently…

Possible, reoccurring setting, still (aka my former campaign): Team A, tired and wounded, arrives at a Phoenix base, where Team B is now waiting to get on board (to replace Team A fully or partially). Troop replacement only works soldier by soldier, gear transfer only item by item.

Other macro notwithstanding (copying, presets, sorting…), adding buttons to fully evacuate a ship and (more importantly) to fully unequip a single soldier would seem like a huge hassle saver and basically an expected feature to me. Don’t know what’s the issue here.

PS. I always buy equipment for absolutely every soldier and do not experience any particular problems in materials. And yes, I never raid factions. Legendary difficulty.

By now, I guess I have a slightly improved feeling for trade-offs, expansion-related and otherwise. Also, having reachable diplomacy missions in my current run helped quite a bit. :grinning:

1 Like

Let me explain. I am not against the “unequip all” button, I am against the absolutely stupid teleportation of objects across the whole world.

1 Like

Which would be nice. But if storage is to stay global - “unequip all” would be a nice thing to have.

It would be nice even with splited storage. :slightly_smiling_face: