Ultra Edition vs Signature Edition

So, for a minimal cheaper price you can buy the Ultra Edition that will include the Season Pass.
The Signature Edition will let you name one soldier in the roster and have early access, but it does not include the season pass.
Other than that, they’re the same.

Imho the Ultra Edition really sounds like a much better deal.
Sure, you got to do some game testing with the early access option and name a soldier, but I find it weird that those buyers are not offered the season pass as a thanks from the developer since it were sold at almost the same cost.

Everyone who backed Phoenix Point prior to March 12, 2019 at 10 AM PST (including all Fig backers, regardless of tier) will receive the Season Pass (which includes at least 5 DLCs) for no additional charge.

So if you bought in BEFORE March 12th, you do get the DLC. After that date, I guess not.

Signature Edition is a package leftover from Fig campaign offering just the base game and overpriced things fans might want to get, to encourage higher pledges.

New editions are retail versions and are selling actual game, not funding it.

Base game was cheaper in fig packages and none of the packages offered more content aside from item DLCs. It was clear that after release there will be additional DLCs.

1 Like

I purchased:

Product Phoenix Point Platinum Edition

Transaction number 464398084
Transaction date 07/28/2019
Merchant Xsolla
User rik@asflashmedia.co.uk
Country United Kingdom

Subtotal £52.49

So I guess I miss out then?

The season pass has been added to the orders placed before March 12th because those customers were expecting to get either a Steam/GOG release when they made their purchase. Providing the season pass is in part us offering a gesture for that particular inconvenience.

Anyone purchasing after March 12th would have known the game would be delivered on Epic when they placed their order (as the store pages were updated to mention the Epic Games Store instead of Steam).

We originally said it would be “all of the DLC in the first year”. But as that is essentially what the season pass is, it makes more sense this way.

When I bought the Signature Edition 5/10/2019 in the description were:

• all DLC
  • option to provide soldier’s name
    and I stick to it. The price was the highest possible but that’s why I decided to buy. For me it is clear that my backer will change to the Ultimate version on the day of release. I see no other option.

The Signature Edition included the “Alien Living Weapon and Chitin Armor” DLC. At no point have any of our packages listed “all DLC” in their description.

The Signature Edition came with early access and naming a soldier which the Ultra Edition does not. If you purchased the Signature Edition, then that is what you will receive as you’ve already had the early access and the opportunity to name a soldier.

?

Can I have a description for each version:

• Base

• Platinum

• Signature

when were they displayed in the store?

You have it in the archives, exactly as it was on the shnapshot store website on the day of my purchase, that is October 5, 2019.

W dniu 2019-11-17 11:33:15 użytkownik Kevin Hill via Snapshot Games Forums snapshotgames@discoursemail.com napisał:

Base Edition:

Digital product key for Phoenix Point on release, redeemable on Epic Games Store from December 2019.

• Digital edition of Phoenix Point
  • Digital Game Manual
  • Desktop Wallpaper

Platinum Edition:

Digital product key for Phoenix Point, includes Alien Living Weapons and Armour DLC, digital art book, ebook and soundtrack, and Early Access.

• Digital Game Manual
  • Early Access
  • The Compendium (eBook Edition)
  • Alien ‘living’ gun set—digital in-game items
  • Desktop Wallpaper
  • Digital Art Book
  • Digital Soundtrack
  • Alien chitin armor set—digital in-game items

Signature Edition:

Your name (or the name of your choice) will be included in the game’s main procedural generation pool for naming squad members. Includes everything in the Luxury Digital Edition.

• Digital Game Manual
  • Early Access
  • The Compendium (eBook Edition)
  • Alien ‘living’ gun set—digital in-game items
  • Desktop Wallpaper
  • Digital Art Book
  • Digital Soundtrack
  • Alien chitin armor set—digital in-game items
  • Your name added to the soldier roster

Thanks.

And what it contains Luxury Digital Edition ?

“Includes everything in the Luxury Digital Edition”

W dniu 2019-11-17 14:08:50 użytkownik Kevin Hill via Snapshot Games Forums snapshotgames@discoursemail.com napisał:

That should have read “Platinum Edition”. The Luxury Digital Edition was one of the old Fig backer tiers. It was the same as the Platinum Edition but included a name in the game credits as a backer.

Sumary…

Signature Edition - 288,99 zł (PLN)

without season pass (DLC)

additional purchase required - 99,00 zł (PLN)

Sumary…

Signature Edition - 285,99 zł (PLN)

without season pass (DLC)

additional purchase required - 99,00 zł (PLN)

(Attachment Potwierdzenie_Transakcji_191117_221158.pdf is missing)