The E3 trailer was really bland

Whoa, really? So Backer Builds were quite a lot behind real development.

Your “reliable” source is unreliable, that for sure. There’s still content we need to add we have most of the pieces, we just need to assemble them. The game certainly isn’t finished at this stage, but there has been a significant amount of stuff which hasn’t been shown yet in the Backer Builds. Partly because we don’t want to show the entire game ahead launch, but also it’s important for our marketing that we can offer some exclusive reveals to the media before release.

1 Like

For the record, I liked the trailer.

It was good at establishing a tone and atmosphere for Phoenix Point, and leaning on the horror elements. Reminds me of Stephen King’s The Mist.

Shame it’s overshadowed by the likes of Cyberpunk 2077. Oh well.

Welp, thanks for the clarification UV as always, I should wait for spreading news unless I hear it from a dev I suppose. :roll_eyes: @Yokes @samshell disregard half of the stuff I said… I’m spreading misinformation apparantly.

Don’t worry about it, it happens to all of us.

mutters in helicopter

It’s not an issue. Just wonder how some of these rumours start. It’s myself that creates the blog updates, but as I said, we’re holding back for a bit for marketing. But we will have some stuff soon.

How soon? Soon™ soon? Asking for a friend…and some rabid wolves.

Its “Valve Soon” :rofl:

Also each time you ask they, delay the backer build by a week :scream:

Problem being, of course, that us being humans and all that, the lack of updates just teases our minds to make up stuff in order to fill the vacuum. Some of the last things I read mentioned the behemoths not making it into the final game. True or not, who knows, but it’s not cool to see stuff like that spreading around.

Firaxis doesn’t show anything at all, so what… )

To be true I’m waiting more for Phoenix Point DLCs than anything new from Firaxis. :wink:

What can we wait from them if nothing is even hinted? .)
(my personal assumption - they are making xcom-style game in fantasy setting)

I suppose it will be XCOM 3.

How the game will turn out and in what shape the game is, is anyones guess. However, from my previous kickstarter beta-access experience I can say, that you can’t treat backer beta as a reliable source of current information - it is understandable why one might get worried when playing beta though.

What happened in my past experience is that devs would cut a slice of early build that they develop, and then polish it for backers. Then they update it with features they want to showcase/test, but they don’t necessary update it from ground up. I could happened that backers play a build, which many features are months old.

Which does make sense - those builds aren’t really for players to have fun experience, but to provide feedback and test features. While it certainly would be nice to see those features develop, it is not always necessary, or worth to spend menpower to impliment and polish changes.

Is that the case with PP? I don’t know. We will find out in September.

I thought the trailer was alright. A mood piece. Naturally as a backer, I am less concerned at this point how Snapshot advertises their game, but if the final product will be good. If no polished demo reel means that all hands are on the game… that surely is a positive thing?

Considering how War of the Chosen ended I would be surprised if they aren’t working on XCOM3. I hope they will shake things up a bit this time - some persisting design flaws were more difficult to forgive in the sequel.

I didn’t mind the trailer. As someone already playing the game, it didn’t really add a lot, but I don’t think it was aimed at us - to a potential new player I think it would generate interest.

Maybe something that may resemble Terror of the Deep?

Terror of the Deep was the same game, repackadged with a much less compelling theme, so hopefully no.

Never played TFTD, but underwater missions seem so apprppriate to Phoenix Point! A PV infected mega squid is something for the ages :smiley: