The Dash nerf is the final straw

They only needed to do one thing to balance dash correctly and they did it wrong IMO.

What they should have done, is to limit dash to 1 use per round coupled with X uses per mission. Done.

3 Likes

I would favour a levelled dash. So at levels 1-3 say, one dash per round, 4-6 2 per round and 3 per round at level 7. Think that would be good with rageburst too.

Rage Burst is only level 7. :wink:

Hey guys! Especially those who are not happy with Dash nerf. What if I will tell you that Dash will be removed from the game in one of the upcoming patches? Will you get angry on the game or on developers, or maybe you will just get along with it?

Characters levels arenā€™t a good scaling base for skills, it can be rushed too fast. On another way, as skills donā€™t progress, this open bigger holes before the campaign scale high, thereā€™s OP holes abuse, and when it scale up, it stops works as easily and then the same player can complain on excessive difficulty.

Itā€™s missing a scaling up along campaign, it has some, but it would need one around skills too, not based on soldiers level, but on campaign progression.

A good example is enemies armors, chains of kills with Rapid Clearance are probably too easy until some armors level are reached. Nerf it for lower enemies levels risk make it pointless later game, ot excessive nerf.

Assault is no way a power class, it makes sense with closer range, and curently game balance between closer range and longer is a lot in favor of longer range.

If dev remove Dash to Assault itā€™s by adding something else to counter balance, Iā€™d say why not, Dash has became a too basic skill not much fun to use.

Only if they replace it with some useful skill:
E.g.: ā€œShit bricksā€ ability - when a soldier has 10 or more opponents in sight he instantly produces 100 Materials. Can be limited to 1 use per mission.

5 Likes

Doh! Yes of course it is.

I think I get what youā€™re talking about but not enough to answer your point.

Hereā€™s hoping :wink:

Once you get an assault to a decent level, ā€œLeadershipā€ can mitigate the action point cost - or you can just switch to heavies with grenade launchers and lame your way to victory!