[Suggestion] Limited use special items for Assault and Snipers

With the heavy having a rocket launcher and the technician having a turret will the other classes get unique limited use items?

I think it’d be good if the Sniper for example could carry an anti-vehicle sniper rifle (1-3 shots but it completely ignores armor. the assault could probably carry mines or maybe even a little scouting drone or something?

1 Like

Since weapons are transferable, you should forget EW concept of special abilities and think of it as weapon ability (that has its own costs).

2 Likes

I agree, equipment should not be hard-wired to classes. Skills, maybe, but not classes as a whole.

2 Likes

I think they mentioned that the rocket launcher is attached to the New Jericho Heavy torso, so maybe it can be given to other classes :o

2 Likes

If you equip any soldier with heavy’s torso armour then it should be possible to equip missile launcher to even that poor assault guy. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I also like the solutions of special equipment instead of hardwired skills, like AP ammo or incendiary ammo, this would make inventory management more interesting.

2 Likes

Oh guys, I was just talking about this in Discord with John Atanasov, he said we can mix and match armors between different classes, but using armors from a different class will have some stat penalties. So you can put an NJ torso on an Assault, but he’ll have an AP penalty. They might change things around, but it sounds cool!

3 Likes

Would be interesting if we get onetime/limited use skills based not on classes but useable items,
cybernetics / mutations, on soldiers.
Like mentioned above AP bullets, incendary rounds (since we already have to carry ammo, seen this done well in UFO: Extraterrestrials) or maybe ability to release toxin on melee for mutated characters.
Or overload for cybernetics, that will give boost but hinder afterwards.

1 Like