Return Fire Suggestion

RF doesn’t really affect my use of Pistols/PDW though (and my non-use of melee, lol). Pistols/PDW are used for left-over AP of a Sniper from afar OR to finish off weapon hand or enemy as whole.

Tritons don’t have RF, crabs don’t have much perception to RF from significant distance.
Imo, aside from horror shows that can result from RF-capable troops getting mind-controlled, RF isn’t that bad. Maybe RF should disabled while MCed (pseud-lore: consider MC equivalent to remote drone control, operator just isn’t ‘there’ enough to react quickly).

How do you survive shooting at a group of mobs with RF? Don’t. Find another option. There is a lot.

Fallback and setup your own trap, use an anu priest to fear them off, delimb them with a sniper outside range, blow them up with indirect fire from mounted weapon, launchers, spider pistol, whatever.

The spider pistol on my infiltrator/snipers has grown on me, aside from it occasionally deciding my salvage crates are something they should try and include in their ae.

This thread is waking up AGAIN? And more strategies for how we can live with the stink of a water-buffalo in our home. I’d rather make the water-buffalo leave the house, then have to work around it in my daily existence.

I don’t care how easy the work arounds are, they are all convoluted and stupid ways to ignore a broken feature.

Yeah, buy a different game.

2 Likes

Didn’t read all the topic, but return fire wouldn’t work in melee. Except maybe with hand weapons, melee weapons (pincers, tentacles, etc.) or fancy mutations, like spithead.
It’s frustrating to have a berserker ruined by a 2HP crab with an anti-aircraft machinegun graft in his arm :v

2 Likes

Indeed, RF working in melee is the dumbest thing I’ve seen. Pistols, maybe, but there’s no way you’ll get a shot off with an AA gun at grapple distance.

2 Likes

So how do you guys like a change to RF in latest patch?

Still nonsense, but at least it doesn’t screw your ammo management anymore.

1 Like

Now we have only the targeted enemy who’s return fire, but with a full burst. So your berserker WILL be smegged by a 2hp crab with a yamato cannon graft in his arm.

Allies covering fire was more coherent IMHO, even if targeted people doesn’t shoot. Would works with melee too (wrestling people rarely fires with a giant AA machinegun :smiley: )

2 Likes

Less BS is still BS. I’m horribly disappointed that they thought this was an acceptable fix, even if a temporary one. They could made it only work once per round quite easily.

1 Like